San Francisco mayor caught violating COVID rules again

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

22 Sep 2021, 8:33 am

San Francisco Mayor Defends Criticism After Video Catches Her Dancing Maskless at Night Club

Quote:
Mayor London Breed was doing damage control Friday after being caught on video dancing without a mask during a night out at a San Francisco club.

Some are accusing the mayor of breaking her own strict rules on masking.

The video showed Mayor Breed dancing without a mask at a rare live performance by the Oakland R&B group Tony! Toni! Toné! at the Black Cat Club in San Francisco Thursday
evening.

“We don’t need the fun police to come in and micromanage and tell us what we should or shouldn’t be doing,” said Breed during an interview to address the controversy.

The city’s health order states attendees at live indoor performances must remain masked except when actively eating or drinking. Breed maintained that she was drinking at the time.

“My drink was sitting at the table, said Breed. I got up and started dancing because i was feeling the spirit and I wasn’t thinking about a mask.
Some say the mayor was flouting the same tough rules some SF business owners have been complaining about.

Last November, she was criticized for gathering with people from outside her household for a dinner at the French Laundry during a fall COVID surge.

While she wasn’t violating health protocols, she seemed to defy warnings she had issued the week before about gathering with big groups.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

DW_a_mom
Veteran
Veteran

22 Sep 2021, 1:55 pm

No one is perfect, but people are employing far too liberal a definition of eating and drinking. Having a drink in front of you that you occasionally sip is not being engaged in the action of eating and drinking.

I'll continue to stay out of indoor places like nigh clubs. They just aren't safe.

And she should have been more diligent. How anyone can make a mistake like that after the outrage over Newsom is just stupid.

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

22 Sep 2021, 7:10 pm

DW_a_mom wrote:
No one is perfect, but people are employing far too liberal a definition of eating and drinking. Having a drink in front of you that you occasionally sip is not being engaged in the action of eating and drinking.

I'll continue to stay out of indoor places like nigh clubs. They just aren't safe.

And she should have been more diligent. How anyone can make a mistake like that after the outrage over Newsom is just stupid.

It's almost as if the rules only apply to the little people, isn't it?

shortfatbalduglyman
Veteran
Veteran

23 Sep 2021, 9:05 am

Some defendants get a acquitted of felonies they committed

Some defendants get framed and convicted

Brock Turner got six months jail. Other defendants with the same conviction, got twenty years

Everyone has subconscious biases, even judges, jury, cops, clergy, physicians

The party with cash hires an expensive lawyer

The other party gets the public defender

They don't call it socioeconomic discrimination

They call it capitalism

Mr Reynholm
Veteran
Veteran

23 Sep 2021, 2:02 pm

Lockdown rules are for the proletariat.