Page 5 of 5 [ 72 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

28 Sep 2021, 8:03 pm

I don't feel what I wrote is an example of evolution in the classic, Darwinian sense.

There are many, many instances of "evolution" bought about the ability to "think beyond the box." From autistic and non-autistic humans.

There is a component within Aspergian-type individuals which can allow them to think beyond "groupthink," and especially to not be deterred by "groupthink."

I believe Aspergian/autistic individuals (as well as NT individuals) have enabled human progress through transcending "groupthink," and allowing progress despite pressure exerted upon them by those who believe in the mainstream "groupthink" mode of thought.

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

28 Sep 2021, 8:28 pm

am not was not postulating that NTs had no role in advancement of the species .
But was merely expounding on the idea of evolution as described as the invention of the wheel.
As being put forth as a aspies possible invention compared to his fellow meateaters in the cave.
And the concept of evolution as a potential part of the overall progress of the species .
But it might seem that their has been some rather big leaps in concepts and creations by Aspie
people. .. ie. Einstein and more recently some big tech guy . Possibly mark Zuckerberg, the exact name eludes me just now. Einstein was purportedly the father of Atomic energy aswell as being behind the creation of Atomic warfare. Please excuse any misunderstanding i may have caused. :oops:

where ever you go ,there you are

Dear_one
Veteran
Veteran

28 Sep 2021, 8:49 pm

"The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends upon the unreasonable man."
- George Bernie Shaw

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

28 Sep 2021, 9:05 pm

very Poignant.. see the above posting

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

29 Sep 2021, 5:54 am

There must be some artful reasonableness arising from the unreasonable.

Temple Grandin knew how to ingratiate herself to her NT partners.

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

29 Sep 2021, 9:38 am

Very well written Kraftie ... ^^^^^^^ above post^^^^

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

29 Sep 2021, 9:51 am

Dear_one wrote:
"The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends upon the unreasonable man." -- George Bernard Shaw
If that was always true, we should have had faster-than-light travel by midnight on Tuesday, November 3, 2020.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

cbd
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

31 Oct 2021, 1:53 pm

.. single minded focus × social disclusion creates evolved minds , as said individual is forced into the solitude of decided endeavours .

not everybody has the same level of interlect or ability . but this factor alone is key to any achiever .

i think it was a story of Tesla who's Mother instead of repeating the negative comments of his teacher and planted the idea of Genius into his mind .

Affirmation goes a long way . i advise anybody with hang ups about being on the Spectrum disregard opinions of others and insert positive direction and double down on what you like to do .

This world forces people to fit in and become distracted . being on the Spectrum by default can put us in a seperate box . almost like a an award of exemption .

sure there are certain situations were we might feel held back or less on the path of others . but the most satisfying path is the one that one creates .. not the beatten track 8)