Page 1 of 2 [ 25 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2021, 12:33 am

Well kids, it's time to play Cyberdad's favourite game of guess what the heck is this!!

What appears to be some type of weird craft was filmed being carried on rig into Lockheed Martin’s Skunk Works headquarters at Plant 42 in Helendale Radar Cross Section Facility, Palmdale California.
https://www.news.com.au/technology/inno ... a4cec3d28b

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2021, 1:23 am

Stealth drone, they've been working on it for a bit now.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2021, 1:52 am

^ Sounds like a good guess to me.

Makes sense that they would be trying to combine the two latest trends...stealth, with drones.

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2021, 2:52 am

Not exactly a guess, the security on this program has not exactly been top notch, or they're leaking details on purpose in order to keep our enemies off balance:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lockheed_ ... 0_Sentinel

DW_a_mom
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2021, 2:54 am

Points to me for knowing it was a stealth drone before seeing anyone else's comments?

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2021, 3:36 am

This is a B21 raider drone

This is the mysterious object being driven to the hanger yesterday

Is it a match?

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2021, 8:45 am

There are similarities----especially as to the wings.

The image presented by Cyberdad could be an airplane being taken from one place to another.

QuantumChemist
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2021, 9:51 am

It is likely a testing prototype for a drone design. The surface would be coated with a modified composite form of aerogels (to disperse both heat and radar signals). Not a cheap piece of equipment for sure.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2021, 9:59 am

I am thinking that its a part of either a plane, or a drone, being hauled around on a trailer thing. Whatever its a part of has a strong family resemblance to both the B2 bomber and to that stealth drone. But there is no central bulge in the thing to house either a human pilot or a robotic control package. So it cant be the whole thing -whatever the thing is. But it certainly is high tech, and certainly has a lot of your tax payer dollars invested in it...whatever it is. :)

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2021, 10:04 am

cyberdad wrote:
This is a B21 raider drone

This is the mysterious object being driven to the hanger yesterday

Is it a match?

The B-21/LRS-B program isn't for a drone, it's a manned bomber. It isn't a match because one of them has a cockpit even if the windshield is hard to see due to shadow.

"If you stick a knife in my back 9 inches and pull it out 6 inches, there's no progress. If you pull it all the way out, that's not progress. The progress is healing the wound that the blow made... and they won't even admit the knife is there." Malcolm X
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

Last edited by funeralxempire on 24 Sep 2021, 10:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2021, 10:09 am

kraftiekortie wrote:
There are similarities----especially as to the wings.

The image presented by Cyberdad could be an airplane being taken from one place to another.

It's an officially released glamour shot of the B-21. That program isn't a black program anymore and more images and details are publicly available.

This article has more: https://www.airforcemag.com/article/the ... the-black/

"If you stick a knife in my back 9 inches and pull it out 6 inches, there's no progress. If you pull it all the way out, that's not progress. The progress is healing the wound that the blow made... and they won't even admit the knife is there." Malcolm X
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2021, 10:41 am

戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2021, 11:58 pm

funeralxempire wrote:
The B-21/LRS-B program isn't for a drone, it's a manned bomber. It isn't a match because one of them has a cockpit even if the windshield is hard to see due to shadow.

Sorry my bad!

Here's the RQ-180 stealth spy drone

Now here's the object on the truck photographed recently

This time there's no match at all...I've seen on twitter that boffins claim this is a completely new type of Stealth drone not documented before

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

25 Sep 2021, 12:00 am

QuantumChemist wrote:
It is likely a testing prototype for a drone design. The surface would be coated with a modified composite form of aerogels (to disperse both heat and radar signals). Not a cheap piece of equipment for sure.

Ok this makes sense! kind of like a structure for testing wing aerodynamics in a wind-tunnel. So maybe its not mean't to be flown at all!

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

25 Sep 2021, 7:41 am

you're all full of it.

A black bat winged evil looking thing like THAT?

Obviously a flying DEMON. One of the demons that inhabits airliners that preacher Kenneth Copeland worries about encountering while riding on commercial airliners.

Thats why you need to chip in so he can afford to buy his own private jet!

Last edited by naturalplastic on 25 Sep 2021, 9:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

QuantumChemist
Veteran
Veteran

25 Sep 2021, 9:15 am

naturalplastic wrote:

Thats why you need to chip in so he can afford to buy his own!

Fixed it for ya! He would want one to show off in some way or another. Copeland reminds me of Jim Baker back in the 1980s (minus his crying wife). My rich aunt was a sucker for those types of televangelist hucksters. BTW - Jim Baker was last seen hawking items with the My Pillow guy this year.

As for the picture of the item in question, the bottom door latch is open. Otherwise it would look much like a warped saucer dish to me. It would likely function much like this design of drones:

https://www.c4isrnet.com/unmanned/2019/ ... ng-saucer/