Anti-Maskers attack family with children

Page 1 of 2 [ 19 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2021, 4:23 am

Two families picnicking in a Melbourne park have spoken of their terror after allegedly being "viciously assaulted" by another group with children yesterday afternoon.

Victim Jacquelyn, her friend, and their two 12-year-old daughters were enjoying the sunshine at Slater Reserve on Grosvenor Street in Blackburn North when they were confronted by the group about 4.30pm.

A man and a woman, along with five children believed to be aged between eight and 15, allegedly began swearing at the 12-year-old girls and removing QR codes from the park fence.
Jacquelyn asked them to stop, but the group allegedly began verbally abusing her.
Her friend tried to step in, but she was set upon by one of the young girls of the group, who allegedly began "swiping" at her, trying to remove her face mask and kicking her.
Jacquelyn was then allegedly placed into a headlock and dragged to the ground by a woman, before being kicked by other members of the group.
"They were trying to rip our masks off telling us we were afraid of a cold ... and trying to cough on us," she said.
Jacquelyn said her 12-year-old daughter was smart enough to call the police, while two Good Samaritans came to their rescue.
But the two men were allegedly threatened by a man, who set off a dog onto them.
Alex Kimberley was one of the onlookers who tried to help before he was bitten by the dog.
"He walked behind me and the next thing I know the dog's latched onto my arm," he said.
"The fear in her eyes was full-on ... I couldn't believe it."
The offenders then fled the scene and were last seen heading towards the vicinity of Grosvenor Street and Rialton Avenue.
The two 12-year-old girls were not physically injured during the incident, but Jacquelyn said the girls were too frightened to sleep last night.
An ambulance attended the scene and treated the women for their injuries.

Investigators have released images of the two adults wanted in relation to the incident.
The man is perceived to be Caucasian in appearance and was wearing black tracksuit pants with distinctive stripes on the side, a black t-shirt and runners.
He had a sleeve tattoo on his left arm and a bald head with a goatee.
The woman is described as Caucasian and was wearing a long black jacket and black pants.
She had long dark hair and was aged in her 30s or 40s.
https://www.9news.com.au/national/famil ... c7942d2fdd

TheRobotLives
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2021, 4:33 am

Should be easy to find them.

Be the hero of your life.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2021, 5:04 am

Attacking a mother and two 12 yr old girls....I should hope so, also the dog was used as a dangerous weapon

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2021, 7:58 am

I'm sorry this family had to go through this.

The attackers seem really cuckoo, and these people deserve to have a good, long talk with the police.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2021, 9:49 am

They whine about their freedom taken away by mask mandates but just love to take away others freedoms by enforcing their own no mask mandate.

kraftiekortie wrote:
I'm sorry this family had to go through this.

I hope they did not give the family COVID. That would be beyond infuriating.

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2021, 9:54 am

People have went bat $hit crazy.
If someone tries to jerk my mask off I will give them a black eye.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

25 Sep 2021, 12:10 am

Actually there's been an epidemic of antimaskers attacking people with masks in shops, businesses and even COVID nurses and police officers. When I walk my dog with a mask I see young people walking in groups 3-4 not wearing a mask laughing/giggling at masked people. need to be vigilant.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

25 Sep 2021, 12:17 am

Young autistic boy working in British Columbia to ask customers to wear masks was viciously assaulted for doing his job (warning this is very triggering to watch)

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

25 Sep 2021, 12:21 am

Unfortunately bystanders can't avoid anti-maskers, This is the world we live in now

smudge
Veteran
Veteran

25 Sep 2021, 5:49 am

I really don't understand these people.

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

25 Sep 2021, 8:28 am

cyberdad wrote:
Young autistic boy working in British Columbia to ask customers to wear masks was viciously assaulted for doing his job (warning this is very triggering to watch)

What makes me even madder is no one did anything to help.They just stood around.Where was store security??
A person was killed in Germany over a mask.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/20 ... -shooting/

smudge
Veteran
Veteran

25 Sep 2021, 8:56 am

Are the media just presenting more images of nutjobs, rather than showing an actual increase in them?

Aprilviolets
Veteran
Veteran

25 Sep 2021, 8:03 pm

Disgusting behavior attacking people for wearing a mask. :twisted:
Makes you wonder what sort of people are they.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

25 Sep 2021, 8:24 pm

The good thing about someone attacking you for wearing a mask is that they won't be able to identify the person who knocked them out... because you're wearing a mask. :nerdy:

"If you stick a knife in my back 9 inches and pull it out 6 inches, there's no progress. If you pull it all the way out, that's not progress. The progress is healing the wound that the blow made... and they won't even admit the knife is there." Malcolm X
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

25 Sep 2021, 10:13 pm

Misslizard wrote:
What makes me even madder is no one did anything to help.They just stood around.Where was store security??

I am also trying to understand why staff stood around watching the special needs boy get his head smashed by the anti-masker.

My best guess is they didn't want to be exposed to COVID by intervening. Quite cowardly,

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

25 Sep 2021, 10:19 pm

Aprilviolets wrote:
Disgusting behavior attacking people for wearing a mask. :twisted:
Makes you wonder what sort of people are they.

My problem is that thousands of these types in my state. Just walking my dog I pass literally a hundred people not wearing a mask. I can see them looking at us masked folk as we pass by. The police used to arrest people in 2020 for flouting mask rules but to be honest the whole thing is confusing as people who are exercising (isn't walking a form of exercise?) can claim exemption and a lot of people with health complications get an exemption.

No wonder the police don't bother about public places anymore, Private businesses are the ones at risk as they have the right to refuse service even when the person has a medical exemption so I imagine there will be more conflicts over the next 12 months.