Page 1 of 1 [ 15 posts ] 

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2021, 11:22 am

Fox to Rudy: You’re banned

Quote:
RUDY GIULIANI has been banned from Fox News for almost three months. As if the sting of that weren’t painful enough, the “9/11 mayor” learned of his banishment … on the eve of Sept. 11.

Giuliani was slated to appear on “Fox & Friends” to mark the 20th anniversary of the attack. But the night before, host PETE HEGSETH called Giuliani to say he’d been cut from the show and apologize.

The ban extends not just to GIULIANI, but also to his son ANDREW, who has not been on Fox News since he launched his campaign for governor of New York in May despite many requests to go on the network. His team has been frustrated that rival GOP gubernatorial candidate Rep. LEE ZELDIN is a frequent guest.

But bookers have told both Giulianis the ban comes from the top, sources said. The former New York City mayor had been a fixture on the network.

“Rudy is really hurt because he did a big favor for RUPERT [MURDOCH],” a source close to Giuliani said. “He was instrumental in getting Fox on Time Warner so it could be watched in New York City.” In 1996, Giuliani’s administration advocated for Time Warner to carry the newly launched Fox News Channel, intervening in a dispute between Murdoch and the cable provider.

Dominion Voting Systems has separately sued Giuliani and Fox News for allegedly defaming the company with false election claims — in the case of Fox, for allowing guests like Giuliani to make the claims on its network. Fox News has filed to dismiss the lawsuit, arguing that Dominion failed to show the network acted in malice, the legal standard for proving defamation. Giuliani has argued his claims about Dominion were “substantially true,” while acknowledging he didn’t understand how the company’s voting software works, according to Business Insider.

In a 2018 FBI deposition that became public last month, Giuliani admitted he would push lies about HILLARY CLINTON on Fox News, referring to it as “throwing a fake.”

Giuliani’s former police commissioner, BERNIE KERIK, who also promoted election conspiracies, has had difficulty getting time on Fox after being a regular on the network. He appeared live on the network just once on Sept. 11 — on JESSE WATTERS’ show — despite being a critical player in the aftermath of the attacks. Kerik wrote a letter to Fox Business News President LAUREN PETTERSON to complain, according to a source familiar with the matter.

A Fox News source said that Kerik was also booked for “Fox & Friends” on Sept. 11 but canceled because of logistical issues. The network declined to comment on Giuliani’s status with the network.

It’s not just Giuliani. Senior Trump aides have found it difficult to get bookings on Fox News or even coverage of stories that are damaging to their enemies or positive for Trump.

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2021, 11:24 am

If it's any comfort they'll always have time for him on the Not Even A Show. 8)

"If you stick a knife in my back 9 inches and pull it out 6 inches, there's no progress. If you pull it all the way out, that's not progress. The progress is healing the wound that the blow made... and they won't even admit the knife is there." Malcolm X
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2021, 11:27 am

Let me get this straight: Two right-wing conservatives from the Trump administration have been banned by a right-wing conservative news agency that favored the Trump administration.

:scratch:

Either this is another case of the pot calling the kettle 'black', or someone running the Fox News network has finally pulled his head out of his anus.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2021, 11:32 am

Fnord wrote:
...or someone running the Fox News network has finally pulled his head out of his anus.

When Rudy or Mike Pillow come on Fox or OAN and spout the false claims that are getting them in trouble it also creates a liability issue for Fox News, or OAN or whoever.

"If you stick a knife in my back 9 inches and pull it out 6 inches, there's no progress. If you pull it all the way out, that's not progress. The progress is healing the wound that the blow made... and they won't even admit the knife is there." Malcolm X
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2021, 11:36 am

funeralxempire wrote:
Fnord wrote:
...or someone running the Fox News network has finally pulled his head out of his anus.
When Rudy or Mike Pillow come on Fox or OAN and spout the false claims that are getting them in trouble it also creates a liability issue for Fox News, or OAN or whoever.
I see that.  Even FNN executive fear losing stock value in FNN, OAN, or whatever through lawsuits.

:D

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

DW_a_mom
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2021, 5:21 pm

I think it stems from the lawsuit by Dominion. They have to show they care about facts, and continuing to book guests who have no trouble floating “fakes” would defeat their argument.

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2021, 5:49 pm

funeralxempire wrote:

What’s Not Even a Show?

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2021, 6:00 pm

Tim_Tex wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:

What’s Not Even a Show?

It's a prank call show.

戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2021, 7:40 pm

DW_a_mom wrote:
I think it stems from the lawsuit by Dominion. They have to show they care about facts, and continuing to book guests who have no trouble floating “fakes” would defeat their argument.

The above. It’s about money as always.

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

DW_a_mom
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2021, 8:29 pm

ASPartOfMe wrote:
DW_a_mom wrote:

The above. It’s about money as always.

But in this case the money concern may actually be the only thing holding "news" to the facts, so I'll take it.

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2021, 9:19 pm

Possible advertising problems?Hard to get sponsors if they lack credibility.

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2021, 11:08 pm

I remember when Rudy was a plausible presidential candidate; seems like we dodged a bullet there. Also, why does NYC have the worst taste in mayors?

DW_a_mom
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2021, 11:33 pm

Dox47 wrote:
I remember when Rudy was a plausible presidential candidate; seems like we dodged a bullet there. Also, why does NYC have the worst taste in mayors?

Makes one wonder just how badly we're being deceived by the front all our politicians can project, doesn't it?

The man's fall has been painful to watch.

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

25 Sep 2021, 2:01 am

DW_a_mom wrote:
The man's fall has been painful to watch.

Not for me, I've hated him for years, before Trump was even on the radar my nightmare scenario was Hilary vs Rudy.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

25 Sep 2021, 2:17 am

Oh poor Giuliani, when will he stop digging a hole for himself?