Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

thinkinginpictures
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2021, 2:24 pm

A Constitution is a law, which is above every other law/legislation. Every law has to adhere to the constitution of your country.

Though, there are numerous times where the consitutions are being neglected on purpose, to serve some sort of political agenda - even in liberal democracies.

In the Danish Constitution, it says:

Article 77: ”Any person shall be at liberty to publish his ideas in print, in writing, and in speech, subject to his being held responsible in a court of law. ”

However, now the government wants to punish inmates for writing about their crimes on social media.

This is clearly against the Danish Constitution and Freedom of Speech.

But nobody cares.

So... I'm asking: What's the point of having a constitution, if you're not going to follow it through?

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2021, 3:05 pm

thinkinginpictures wrote:
... What's the point of having a constitution, if you're not going to follow it through?
What is the point of complaining about the misapplication of Constitutional law if you are not doing something about it?

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

thinkinginpictures
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2021, 3:28 pm

Fnord wrote:
thinkinginpictures wrote:
... What's the point of having a constitution, if you're not going to follow it through?
What is the point of complaining about the misapplication of Constitutional law if you are not doing something about it?

What should I do? I can vote no different. I already vote for the one and only party which values human rights as well as constitutional rights above everything else.

But the vast majority of my fellow Danes don't care about human or consitutional rights.

thinkinginpictures
Veteran
Veteran

25 Sep 2021, 3:21 am

In addition to inmates, conscripts don't have freedom of speech.

I'm wondering why we have a constitution, when nobody is using it...

The same thing happens in the U.S. and in a lot of other western democracies.