New Year 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Other 5%  5%  [ 1 ]
Your birthday 5%  5%  [ 1 ]
Total votes : 20

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2021, 6:37 pm

I don't know much about holidays celebrated in other cultures so I just included the main/common holidays in the UK and USA (and other countries that share most of these holidays).

My favourite holiday is Easter, because it resembles spring, which is my favourite season (and usually near my birthday).

What's your favourite holiday?

Last edited by Joe90 on 24 Sep 2021, 8:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.

HeroOfHyrule
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2021, 6:39 pm

I like all of the holidays in autumn... because they're in autumn. :D

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2021, 6:44 pm

My birthday.
And I don't like my birthday.

"If you stick a knife in my back 9 inches and pull it out 6 inches, there's no progress. If you pull it all the way out, that's not progress. The progress is healing the wound that the blow made... and they won't even admit the knife is there." Malcolm X
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2021, 8:21 pm

Christmas for nostalgia, routines, repetition, and sensory (colours, songs, smells, etc).

Easter for the meaning and the significance.

Halloween because it's dark outside.

I actually have a fear of New Year.

Edna3362
Veteran
Veteran

25 Sep 2021, 12:01 am

I like most of them -- just as long as no one's imposing me obligation around it.

I like the days during and after holy week of black friday the best.

Not because I'm religious, or the religious context of that particular day (just NO), or any religious activity.

But because said religious activity would turn cities into ghost towns for a few days. :lol:
Meaning, no crowds and it'll be rather quiet outside.

It's my favorite because it's the quietest.

Lose more time here - Updates at least once a week.

xxZeromancerlovexx
Veteran
Veteran

25 Sep 2021, 12:04 am

Christmas. I love Winter, getting presents and Christmas money, eating candy from my stocking, watching Rudolph and Frosty the Snowman, watching Home Alone, decorating the tree. Being an adult doesn’t mean I can’t get presents and dare I say....keep them all for years to come!

My favorite Christmas present from last year is a bird plushie who I named Vanilla.

-Down, The Birthday Massacre

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

25 Sep 2021, 1:40 am

Halloween, I wish it was that all year around.

Either way I would not mind dressing as if it is Halloween everyday. My apartment already is fitting since me and my boyfriend like to leave fake skulls and bones around the apartment.

dragonsanddemons
Veteran
Veteran

25 Sep 2021, 11:29 pm

With my particular interests, it has to be Halloween. And even without it, I think October would probably be my favorite month. I love autumn.

Yet in my new wildness and freedom I almost welcome the bitterness of alienage. For although nepenthe has calmed me, I know always that I am an outsider; a stranger in this century and among those who are still men.
-H. P. Lovecraft, "The Outsider"

Fireblossom
Veteran
Veteran

26 Sep 2021, 2:48 am

Christmas, though that might be because it's the only holiday that my family has some traditions for... I mean, we did have things we repeated yearly during New Year, Easter and mid summer celebration when I was a kid, but as me and my siblings grew, that stuff kind of died out. Christmas is the only one that somewhat kept it's traditions, so guess that's why it sticks out.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

29 Sep 2021, 5:22 am

I liked major holidays when I was in school because I got off school for them. Christmas was my favorite because I got at least two weeks off from school & I got presents. However I just don't care about any holidays as an adult. I do get money from my parents for holidays since I moved out at 30 but I didn't get much at all from them in my 20s when I was living at home. There never been much I want as a present since becoming an adult except for money anyways thou. Most anything I want I would have to get myself. I never got off work for holidays because I was only employed for a little over 3 years of my life & I worked retail for the majority of it. I worked 3 Christmas holidays at WalMart in my early 20s & that kinda burned me out on holidays if I still cared any for them. At this point holidays are just another day for me unless my girlfriend's family has a get together but that's usually a day or so after the holiday due to me & her not driving & buses not running on holidays. It's just not a big deal for me either way thou.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

04 Oct 2021, 3:39 pm

A tie between Thanksgiving and Christmas! :D

Flown
Veteran
Veteran

04 Oct 2021, 3:47 pm

I'm honestly not a huge fan of holidays, but there are aspects of each that I do enjoy :)

-I love multicolored (warm-toned) Kissmas (I prefer calling it that over Christmas) lights.
-I love giving gifts (receiving them can be a little awkward).
-I love many foods from Thanksgiving.
-I love getting to spend extra time with my partner during the aforementioned holidays.

So maybe I just answered the question for the first time? I like parts of Kissmas and Thanksgiving.

smudge
Veteran
Veteran

04 Oct 2021, 5:12 pm

My favourites are Halloween and Christmas.

IsabellaLinton wrote:
Christmas for nostalgia, routines, repetition, and sensory (colours, songs, smells, etc).

I love the smell of tinsel that has been stored in the attic. It smells wonderful. I love decorations, candles, carols, chocolate Yule logs and just the comfort of having all that wonderful food around you.

Lost_dragon
Veteran
Veteran

04 Oct 2021, 8:03 pm

Christmas! Big jumpers, cheesy music, film marathons and spending time together. It's always been a source of comfort.

Hmm, let's see...

- Valentine's : Well, the chocolate sales the day after are pretty neat.

- Easter: It's alright. No particularly strong feelings on this one.

- Independence Day and Thanksgiving: N / A.

- Harvest : I don't know this one. Does it include apple picking? If so, then I do this in the autumn.

- Halloween : Admittedly I am an absolute coward when it comes to scary movies most of the time. I can't hack them. However, I do like the gothic aesthetic of vampires and it could potentially provide the opportunity to dress up as such. My family were never really into Halloween, we'd mainly just keep the lights low and pretend not to be in so we didn't have to deal with trick or treaters. However, these days we don't get any. I'd like to go to a Halloween party sometime, so long as we don't have to watch any gore. There was a shirt I saw recently, it had roses and skeletons on it, and it would definitely work well in Halloween season. Maybe once I get a job, I'll try to find a shirt like that.

- Guy Fawkes : Not a fan, I find it a pretty boring holiday.

- New Year : Underrated, in my opinion. I enjoy watching the shows that look back on the year or the decade. Plus it's somewhat fun to speculate on what the new year will bring.

- Birthday : Definitely a mixed bag. Some have been great, whereas others have been some of the worst days of my life so far.