Sean Connery’s James Bond a rapist says current director

Page 4 of 5 [ 76 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

ironpony
Veteran
Veteran

21 Nov 2021, 9:00 am

I supposed it's that way for men too. Men watch a movie with a female character in they find hot even if the character is not good for them, in real life.

theprisoner
Veteran
Veteran

21 Nov 2021, 9:10 am

Yeah if you look really good, you can get away with a lot of crazy stuff. That's certainly the case.

AQ: 27 Diagnosis:High functioning (just on the cusp of normal.) IQ:131 (somewhat inflated result but ego-flattering) DNA:XY Location: UK. Eyes: Blue. Hair: Brown. Height:6'1 Celebrity I most resemble: Tom hardy. Favorite Band: The Doors. Personality: uhhm ....(what can i say...we asd people are strange)

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

21 Nov 2021, 2:48 pm

ironpony wrote:
Is the name really that offensive though? If it were the opposite and you have a female action hero, with a love interest name Dick Galore, I wouldn't be offended, but I guess that's just me :) .

Off Topic
At the time I was shocked that the censors allowed that name. The Bond movies were very suggestive, not explicit.

I find it hard enough figuring out what real people are thinking, how I am I supposed to figure out what a fictional character is thinking?

The person who creates a fictional character usually has an idea of what that character is thinking. Once the character is released to the public the creator has no control over how the public will interpret said character. Back then not only the sexual stuff but everything about Bond was considered a fantasy because his lifestyle was way way out of reach of nearly everybody.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

21 Nov 2021, 2:53 pm

Some things are just...too stupid to be offensive.

Like names like "p**** Galore".

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

21 Nov 2021, 2:54 pm

cyberdad wrote:
ironpony wrote:
Yeah. And I am not saying that Goldfinger is not a problematic movie, sure it is, but I think some people of today's generation need to just be entertained by it and some maybe should take a chill pill? I mean people I know of today's generation are shocked at it, but you wonder, what kind of safe movies are people watching today, if this is shocking to them...

I actually think most of the younger generation don't really care. There's worse stuff online.

Maybe that is why while there has been complaining there has been no cancel campaign similar to those launched against J.K. Rowling, Dave Chappell etc.

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

ironpony
Veteran
Veteran

21 Nov 2021, 8:44 pm

If younger people don't care though, then why did they care to try to cancel JK Rowling?

Bradleigh
Veteran
Veteran

21 Nov 2021, 9:29 pm

ironpony wrote:
If younger people don't care though, then why did they care to try to cancel JK Rowling?

People cared that things Rowling has said can have real impact on how they are treated, and could really hurt to have someone who created things important to them then push some messed ideology.

ironpony
Veteran
Veteran

21 Nov 2021, 10:04 pm

Oh okay, so people care more about that, then the "negative messages" of James Bond?

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

21 Nov 2021, 10:42 pm

ASPartOfMe wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
ironpony wrote:
Yeah. And I am not saying that Goldfinger is not a problematic movie, sure it is, but I think some people of today's generation need to just be entertained by it and some maybe should take a chill pill? I mean people I know of today's generation are shocked at it, but you wonder, what kind of safe movies are people watching today, if this is shocking to them...

I actually think most of the younger generation don't really care. There's worse stuff online.

Maybe that is why while there has been complaining there has been no cancel campaign similar to those launched against J.K. Rowling, Dave Chappell etc.

I think the campaign against these two is primarily by the trans community and to a lesser extent the wider LGBTQI community.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

21 Nov 2021, 10:43 pm

naturalplastic wrote:
Some things are just...too stupid to be offensive.

Like names like "p**** Galore".

In 2021 it's how it's framed.
As a comedic sketch parodying old Bond = permitted
As a serious drama = cancelled

ironpony
Veteran
Veteran

21 Nov 2021, 11:01 pm

Oh okay. Well as far as James Bond behavior goes when it comes to sex, the last Wonder Woman movie had Wonder Woman have sex with a guy, while he was in another man's body, and the original trapped man had no control over the woman having sex with, while his body was possessed by someone else. And Wonder Woman was aware of this and did it anyway.

No one seemed to raise stinks much about this, so is Bond really that bad for therefore?

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

22 Nov 2021, 12:13 am

ironpony wrote:
Oh okay. Well as far as James Bond behavior goes when it comes to sex, the last Wonder Woman movie had Wonder Woman have sex with a guy, while he was in another man's body, and the original trapped man had no control over the woman having sex with, while his body was possessed by someone else. And Wonder Woman was aware of this and did it anyway.

No one seemed to raise stinks much about this, so is Bond really that bad for therefore?

Wonder woman....had sex 8O

How did I miss that?

Bradleigh
Veteran
Veteran

22 Nov 2021, 3:21 pm

ironpony wrote:

Actually, quite a few people raised a stink over the dubious ethicality of Wonder Woman having sex with a man in someone's body who had not given consent. Google wonder woman 1984 consent and you can see a number of people talking about it.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

23 Nov 2021, 10:21 am

ironpony wrote:

They grew up reading and relating to her books and the movie adaptations of her books. So to those offended her opinions are betrayal. James Bond is just another example of something out of touch ok boomers are into.

collectoritis
Veteran
Veteran

06 Apr 2022, 12:30 am

Connery : "Ill take the rapist for 500 , Trebek !" :lol: :skull:

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

06 Apr 2022, 2:31 am

collectoritis wrote:
Connery : "Ill take the rapist for 500 , Trebek !" :lol: :skull:

That SNL skit was a classic!