Veteran

24 Sep 2021, 9:14 pm

Attacks like this are on the rise...

Police can't do much about it because they got nothing to lose. :skull:

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2021, 9:34 pm

Was it actually hot? How exactly do you keep the contents of the bucket hot while searching for a suitable target? :lol:

"If you stick a knife in my back 9 inches and pull it out 6 inches, there's no progress. If you pull it all the way out, that's not progress. The progress is healing the wound that the blow made... and they won't even admit the knife is there." Malcolm X
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

Axeman
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2021, 9:35 pm

funeralxempire wrote:
Was it actually hot? How exactly do you keep the contents of the bucket hot while searching for a suitable target? :lol:

Mabye it was a hot day...

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2021, 9:50 pm

I don't know about hot diarrhea in particular, but we've got tons of this going on in Seattle, it's been out of control for a while and the city won't do anything about it, I'm a little surprised we haven't seen vigilante action yet.

Axeman
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2021, 9:53 pm

Dox47 wrote:
I don't know about hot diarrhea in particular, but we've got tons of this going on in Seattle, it's been out of control for a while and the city won't do anything about it, I'm a little surprised we haven't seen vigilante action yet.

Yeah what's to stop physical retaliation against these people? Find the gutter where sewage man sleeps and go Batman on him.

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2021, 10:02 pm

funeralxempire wrote:

If the homeless person was feverish and it was fresh poop.

Axeman
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2021, 10:12 pm

Misslizard wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:

Bring back looney bins...strap em down and give em a shot of thorazine. :skull:

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2021, 10:20 pm

Axeman wrote:
Yeah what's to stop physical retaliation against these people? Find the gutter where sewage man sleeps and go Batman on him.

Where I live, they're virtually a protected class, you'd be much more likely to catch a charge defending yourself from them than they would be for attacking you. A few years ago when I had my restaurant open, I had a homeless guy steal the tip jar off the counter, and as I was chasing him, my brain was literally running the scenario in my head: I'm going to catch this guy (skinny black guy), and it's going to get physical, and someone is going to videotape it just as I'm beating the sh*t out of this guy or worse if he pulls a weapon, and even if I get the money back it's not going to be worth it when the locals boycott me over it. So I stopped and went back to the restaurant and paid my employee's tips out of my own pocket that day and got a metal tip box that bolted to the counter, didn't even bother with the police.

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2021, 10:20 pm

Dox47 wrote:

Plus unless you have a 6-figure salary, your only option there is to live among them.

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2021, 10:21 pm

funeralxempire wrote:

Big, steaming puddle?

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2021, 10:23 pm

Misslizard wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:

I'd imagine that would only give a limited window before it just becomes an attack with lukewarm poop.

"If you stick a knife in my back 9 inches and pull it out 6 inches, there's no progress. If you pull it all the way out, that's not progress. The progress is healing the wound that the blow made... and they won't even admit the knife is there." Malcolm X
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

Axeman
Veteran
Veteran

25 Sep 2021, 5:05 am

Dox47 wrote:
Axeman wrote:

Where I live, they're virtually a protected class, you'd be much more likely to catch a charge defending yourself from them than they would be for attacking you. A few years ago when I had my restaurant open, I had a homeless guy steal the tip jar off the counter, and as I was chasing him, my brain was literally running the scenario in my head: I'm going to catch this guy (skinny black guy), and it's going to get physical, and someone is going to videotape it just as I'm beating the sh*t out of this guy or worse if he pulls a weapon, and even if I get the money back it's not going to be worth it when the locals boycott me over it. So I stopped and went back to the restaurant and paid my employee's tips out of my own pocket that day and got a metal tip box that bolted to the counter, didn't even bother with the police.

That guy did it because he had literally nothing to lose. The police probably wouldn't even charge him. They don't even investigate porch pirates for example. And jail would probably improve his situation.

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

25 Sep 2021, 8:20 am

funeralxempire wrote:
Misslizard wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:

I'd imagine that would only give a limited window before it just becomes an attack with lukewarm poop.

Insulated bucket.Keeps feces warm for tossing on unsuspecting passerby.

Axeman
Veteran
Veteran

25 Sep 2021, 9:45 am

Punishments only work if the punished stands to lose something they care about, usually money, freedom, or status. These people have no money, no status, and might actually benefit from a short jail stay.

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

25 Sep 2021, 10:23 am

/\Three squares a day, a hot shower, cot, and a toilet.
And medicine for diarrhea.

DW_a_mom
Veteran
Veteran

25 Sep 2021, 3:27 pm

I hate to suggest the answer to anything is spending money or restricting freedom, but ... society should invest in mental health facilities to accommodate the violent mentally ill instead of allowing them to continue living on the streets. We've made a choice to allow these things because it is cheaper than solving the problem, but that equation forgets about all adjacent costs that follow, like the costs to a victim's mental health, or the cash cost to a restaurant that has to replace stolen tips.