Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 

christinejarvis21
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

24 Sep 2021, 10:57 pm

Is it only me, but do some of you ladies with autism also have really heavy bleeding during your periods, because my periods are pretty heavy blood wise. So, I'm just curious to find out if it's something due to my autism or something else could be causing it?

Fireblossom
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2021, 11:57 pm

Not just you, but I highly doubt it's an autism thing. It's actually a very common problem, but many struggle through without saying anything since periods are such a taboo subject.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

25 Sep 2021, 1:24 am

I used to get more heavy periods, but now they kinda seem lighter in comparison. I still get those like gross clumps but idk feels like anymore I can feel when one of those is coming on and go to the toiliet before it soils my whole pad I'm wearing. But then again the pad is there for if I don't make it in time and then I can just switch to a fresh one.

There are some 'honeypot' brand pads I like, they are infused with some herbs and some people complain that it is irritating, but to me I think it provides a nice fresh sensation down there and I like the little tingle so Idk I am a big fan of the honeypot herbal infused pads but I can see why some people would not like them. So they also have ones without the herbs but still with the same quality materials.

dragonsanddemons
Veteran
Veteran

25 Sep 2021, 11:43 pm

I actually get off really easy as far as periods go, I have about two days of moderately heavy bleeding and then just spotting for at least three. Also highly irregular, can be anywhere from one month to six months between, with no detectable pattern.

Yet in my new wildness and freedom I almost welcome the bitterness of alienage. For although nepenthe has calmed me, I know always that I am an outsider; a stranger in this century and among those who are still men.
-H. P. Lovecraft, "The Outsider"

SharonB
Veteran
Veteran

27 Sep 2021, 5:29 pm

Early in life mine were relatively heavy and easily 6-7 days. Then there was a time that they were light and just 1-2 days. Now as perimenopause approaches they got heavier than ever (had to move to S+ tampons) on the first day only with 4-5 days flow.... and just in the past two months they changed AGAIN! Now first day is light, second day is S+, and it's 3-4 days. I wish I knew why they were light and short for that one year or so, but I don't. I can't wait until they are done (about 3 more years for me).

lvpin
Veteran
Veteran

28 Sep 2021, 7:57 pm

Mine aren't heavy but they are extremely painful. I often can't move because of the pain :').

chaosmos
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

30 Sep 2021, 1:00 am

Yes, all of which causes me iron deficiency that requires infusions.
I see an acupuncturist for period management and they have improved over the course of 2-3 years.

SharonB
Veteran
Veteran

30 Sep 2021, 12:46 pm

^^ Good tip. I also saw an acupuncturist. I went from "wild" 26-36 day cycles (10-day variance) to 28-30 day cycles (3-day variance). I don't recall the effect on flow, length or pain, but it must have moderated those also.

chaosmos
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

01 Oct 2021, 6:31 pm

SharonB wrote:
^^ Good tip. I also saw an acupuncturist. I went from "wild" 26-36 day cycles (10-day variance) to 28-30 day cycles (3-day variance). I don't recall the effect on flow, length or pain, but it must have moderated those also.

Yeah the acupuncture definitely improved pain and heaviness. Also had the nice by product of reducing anxiety and bettering gut functioning :D