Page 2 of 4 [ 53 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

renaeden
Veteran
Veteran

27 Sep 2021, 12:04 am

I, too, come and go and I've found there are many interesting posts to read and things to learn.

Welcome. 8)

Shellbelle
Veteran
Veteran

27 Sep 2021, 7:25 pm

Mountain Goat,
Thank you for the explanation. I found your model train thread- you are a wealth of information and are quite talented!

Jakki- Hello again! :) It is nice to have a space to land.

Renaeden,
Thank you for the welcome! :)

SyphonFilter
Veteran
Veteran

Location: The intersection of Inkopolis’ Plaza & Square where the Turf Wars lie.

28 Sep 2021, 12:07 am

Glad you feel great being here! Welcome to WP! :)

Shellbelle
Veteran
Veteran

28 Sep 2021, 11:05 am

SyphonFilter wrote:
Glad you feel great being here! Welcome to WP! :)

Thank you for the welcome! Nice to meet you. :)

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

01 Oct 2021, 4:05 pm

Welcome to Wrong Planet! :D

CinderashAutomaton
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

01 Oct 2021, 9:49 pm

As you can see by my signature, I share the same sentiment

Shellbelle
Veteran
Veteran

01 Oct 2021, 9:59 pm

Thank you AnonymousAnonymous and CinderashAutomaton! :)

JustFoundHere
Veteran
Veteran

07 Oct 2021, 6:27 pm

Lately, I've personally felt that it has become a "challenge of sorts" in reassessing my roles here on WP.

Most notable, my experiences with High Functioning Autism (HFA) have long felt like being "caught in the middle" - that is that dichotomy of "not being able enough, yet not disabled enough" - a sense of being on the odd-ends of everything, and just about everyone - a sentiment also reflected here on WP.

I sense that the WP community also finds it challenging to express those experiences of stemming from being "caught in the middle."

Enclosed is a LINK to my previous posts. I feel that the responses in this discussion thread will be helpful in reassessing my roles here on WP!

LINK: search.php?author_id=130391&sr=posts

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

07 Oct 2021, 6:36 pm

Shellbelle wrote:
Mountain Goat,
Thank you for the explanation. I found your model train thread- you are a wealth of information and are quite talented!

I started more then one thread and I have my model railways on four other sites, though those are model railway sites.

I have enough tallent to get by on to keep me happy! :D Some peoples tallents I am amazed by and their models look excellent. I am just happy that I can make things...

Shellbelle
Veteran
Veteran

07 Oct 2021, 8:00 pm

Mountain Goat wrote:
Shellbelle wrote:
Mountain Goat,

I started more then one thread and I have my model railways on four other sites, though those are model railway sites.

I have enough tallent to get by on to keep me happy! :D Some peoples tallents I am amazed by and their models look excellent. I am just happy that I can make things...

It is cool to see what you come up with! It has been educational. I didn't know a person could use play dough as a mold for example.
Thanks for sharing your talents with us here in WP.

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

07 Oct 2021, 8:06 pm

Shellbelle wrote:
Mountain Goat wrote:
Shellbelle wrote:
Mountain Goat,

It is cool to see what you come up with! It has been educational. I didn't know a person could use play dough as a mold for example.
Thanks for sharing your talents with us here in WP.

Yes. I had fun with resin casting. I did not put much on this site. I used wood and tin for some items I made. Both materials are available free or cheaply so they are ideal.

Shellbelle
Veteran
Veteran

07 Oct 2021, 8:16 pm

I like making things out of found or thrifted materials- kind of a similar concept with the tin and wood. It is a fun and unique creative challenge.

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

07 Oct 2021, 8:43 pm

Shellbelle wrote:
I like making things out of found or thrifted materials- kind of a similar concept with the tin and wood. It is a fun and unique creative challenge.

Yes. It is very rewarding.

My tablet battery is about to die on me. I can share a few links via PM if needed but I best do that in the morning when this has recharged.

I know others on here have model railways and also are into other creative hobbies.

I better click "Send as battery is 3%. Was going to reply to the other post but it went back to home screen as I nudged the charging lead...

JustFoundHere
Veteran
Veteran

08 Oct 2021, 1:32 pm

JustFoundHere wrote:
Lately, I've personally felt that it has become a "challenge of sorts" in reassessing my roles here on WP.

Most notable, my experiences with High Functioning Autism (HFA) have long felt like being "caught in the middle" - that is that dichotomy of "not being able enough, yet not disabled enough" - a sense of being on the odd-ends of everything, and just about everyone - a sentiment also reflected here on WP.

I sense that the WP community also finds it challenging to express those experiences of stemming from being "caught in the middle."

Enclosed is a LINK to my previous posts. I feel that the responses in this discussion thread will be helpful in reassessing my roles here on WP!

LINK: search.php?author_id=130391&sr=posts

Is this discussion-thread 'Being Here....' about overall experiences here on WP?

Shellbelle
Veteran
Veteran

08 Oct 2021, 2:25 pm

Not originally, no, it was about my happiness at finding WP.

Perhaps a new thread should be started with that topic. I think it is a good idea, and a lot of people would enjoy sharing their experiences.

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

08 Oct 2021, 4:31 pm

of course am in agreeance ^^^^^^^ ? agreeable ? :D

where ever you go ,there you are