Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

26 Sep 2021, 4:29 pm

I got a text today from one of my friends today saying saying “your a liar about working I have seen you in town last week between 10-11pm on Monday to Tuesday”.

What I don’t understand is just because someone might see you in town during the day does not necessarily mean you are unemployed. Would you agree?

In all honesty though I lie to my friends at the pub about working so they don’t bully me when I hang out with them.

mohsart
Veteran
Veteran

26 Sep 2021, 7:39 pm

I wonder what kind of a friend that is.
If I were your friend and saw you not at work I'd ask you if something's wrong. Or I'd defenitely at least talk to you instead of texting.

/Mats

Mona Pereth
Veteran
Veteran

27 Sep 2021, 1:39 am

Jamesy wrote:
In all honesty though I lie to my friends at the pub about working so they don’t bully me when I hang out with them.

These "friends at the pub" might be your companions but they are not your friends. Anyone whom you have to lie to, because they would bully you if you told them the truth, is not your friend IMO.

I would suggest that you look for better potential friends, perhaps at a local autistic adult support group. Hopefully you'll be able to find one. As far as I can tell, the autistic adult community is better-organized in the U.K. than anywhere else in the world.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

27 Sep 2021, 1:57 am

Jamesy wrote:
I got a text today from one of my friends today saying saying “your a liar about working I have seen you in town last week between 10-11pm on Monday to Tuesday”.

What I don’t understand is just because someone might see you in town during the day does not necessarily mean you are unemployed. Would you agree?

Man, those guys aren't friends...actual friends would not bully you just for not being currently employed. But yeah idk why it is really anyone's business what you do. Like yeah maybe you aren't working right now...but why is that 'wrong'...idk I'd look for new friends if I were you.