Will going to a club make me happier than if I didn't ?

Page 1 of 1 [ 12 posts ] 

chris1989
Veteran
Veteran

27 Sep 2021, 12:22 pm

I've explained in some previous threads before about feeling like I'm missing out on life if you don't try to go to a place where other young people congregate to have fun and meet new people and yet I've never been into the club scene and stuff because usually the music they play is stuff I don't listen to, there is flashing lights everywhere (even though I'm not epileptic) and also it can get extremely crowded and stuffy. I probably wouldn't on my own initiative go to another social environment like a pub because the chances are I'd probably be sat somewhere on my own and I think there will little chance of someone in there you'd want to engage a conversation with me because I'm sat on my own and may think ''Oh well he looks odd and boring I won't speak to him.'' Since restrictions have eased, I've seen more people now flocking to the pubs and going to a party in a club somewhere and all that is doing is reinforcing the feeling of missing out again even I've chosen not to do those things in my own leisure time when I'm off work or whatever.

babybird
Veteran
Veteran

27 Sep 2021, 12:31 pm

Well if you went to a club to just see what it's like and you found that you didn't like it then there's no real harm done.

There again if you went to a club and you did like it then you've gained some kind of pleasure in your life.

There's no harm in trying it. You can just walk in and walk straight back out again if it's not to your liking.

I prefer pubs to be honest.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

27 Sep 2021, 12:38 pm

chris1989 wrote:
Will going to a club make me happier than if I didn't?
Only YOU can answer that, and only if YOU go to a club.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

27 Sep 2021, 1:13 pm

babybird wrote:
Well if you went to a club to just see what it's like and you found that you didn't like it then there's no real harm done.

There again if you went to a club and you did like it then you've gained some kind of pleasure in your life.

There's no harm in trying it. You can just walk in and walk straight back out again if it's not to your liking.

I prefer pubs to be honest.

^^^^
This

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

chris1989
Veteran
Veteran

27 Sep 2021, 1:29 pm

I've never really been to them in my own leisure time and initiative because I'd be on my own and I have few friends and they don't always stay in contact and are not the going-out-types and so without I seem to feel like that because they are social environments for friends to meet in and chat, for someone like me with few friends that takes the pleasure out of it.

babybird
Veteran
Veteran

27 Sep 2021, 1:34 pm

Well it sounds to me like you're trying to talk yourself out of going.

Going to nightclubs isn't the be all and end all. You won't be unique if you don't go to them. There are other places you can go and clubs you can join where you can just turn up on your own.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

27 Sep 2021, 1:35 pm

chris1989 wrote:
I've never really been to them in my own leisure time and initiative because I'd be on my own and I have few friends and they don't always stay in contact and are not the going-out-types and so without I seem to feel like that because they are social environments for friends to meet in and chat, for someone like me with few friends that takes the pleasure out of it.
If you do not want to go to a club, then do not go to a club -- you do not need to make up convoluted excuses.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

Nades
Veteran
Veteran

27 Sep 2021, 1:38 pm

I used to go often but never liked it. It's common for NT's to dislike clubs too. Just a lot of noise and not much else.

babybird
Veteran
Veteran

27 Sep 2021, 1:42 pm

I've been in some absolute dives when I was younger. Places where you wouldn't even take your dog to have a s**t.

You might as well treat yourself to a nice meal somewhere and spend your time and money in a nice environment.

enz
Veteran
Veteran

27 Sep 2021, 3:23 pm

clubs are pretty intense id recommend only going with friends or a meetup group

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

27 Sep 2021, 7:55 pm

Why don't you try it and see? If you like it, it will make you happier. If you don't like it, it won't make you happier.

chris1989
Veteran
Veteran

01 Oct 2021, 1:37 pm

It does seem to feel as though once you have been to a bar or club you'll then immediately feel content that you have been and done it and that you have conformed to society pressure to do something a young person should be doing. I seem to remember that may be I did try it and didn't really like it. I once went to a club in Southend, Essex to see my stepmother's nephew play in a band there, and I seem to find as though it made me uncomfortable because it got dark in there with flashing lights and it made want to go outside and sit on bench for the remainder of the performance and not go back in. I do also remember going round some pubs with my sister and friends but didn't go into any clubs and at the time only two of us were over the age to buy alcohol and my sister and her friends were under age. After a while we stood around in a park and chatted for ages and think I got bored of it and felt glad when we got home. I can't seem to understand why that if I've had these experiences I still feel I have not at all whatsoever gone out for a drink or to party and yet still feel like something hasn't been done in life that at a certain age you should be doing. It seem as though I'm not willing to accept that the fact that I've tried them, didn't really like them and won't do them again as though it makes me out to be a weirdo.