Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

AngelL
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

02 Oct 2021, 12:10 pm

It's happened a couple of times that I went to post a reply and I got this message that requires me to click in a box that says I'm not a robot and then click on all the boats, trains or whatever...

So far, I've managed it but it always produces a great deal of anxiety because I don't know if I screw this up if my post is lost forever. I don't see very well - even with glasses and I find myself guessing at what it's a picture of on occasion. I'd be able to keep the anxiety low and manageable if I knew that I wasn't going to lose what I just wrote if I make a mistake. Can anyone tell me what happens if I mistake a boat for a train (on the forum - not in real life)?

Thanks!

Mikah
Veteran
Veteran

02 Oct 2021, 1:21 pm

It tells you to try again and offers different pictures.

Velorum
Veteran
Veteran

02 Oct 2021, 1:33 pm

As I understand it the whole picture matching thing isnt how the software identifies if you are a bot - its more about it looking at your recent browsing history.

Ive no idea how it does this - perhaps by engaging in the picture clicking this somehow allows it to see the history.

Non-binary member of the LGBTQ+ community

AngelL
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

02 Oct 2021, 1:58 pm

Thanks to you both; I'll much more relaxed about it now. :)

Mona Pereth
Veteran
Veteran

02 Oct 2021, 6:08 pm

Suggestion: When you type a long message, copy and paste it to a separate text file before you click "Submit." That way you guarantee you won't lose it.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

03 Oct 2021, 3:39 pm

I don't know if it will let this post through or not but I keep getting CAPTCHA'd today and it keeps preventing me from posting. It makes me tick a box, then I do the pictures of boats, planes, whatever, then it redirects me back to the I am not a robot box, then I have to do the pictures again and it just goes on like that in a loop.

Maybe I have made too many posts here today and CAPTCHA thinks I am a spam bot?