04 Oct 2021, 6:30 pm

8-O Shhh! Don't tell her I'm here!

Double Retired
Veteran
Veteran

04 Oct 2021, 7:03 pm

Alien99 wrote:
I am ADHD and Aspie.
I thought the high-end of ADHD displayed some Aspie traits but was distinguished by two where ADHD and Asperger's tend to differ: <link>.

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

04 Oct 2021, 7:55 pm

Welcome Alien99, hope you enjoy your visits here .
And Want to Welcome the Bride also to WP. :D

where ever you go ,there you are

Alien99
Butterfly
Butterfly

06 Oct 2021, 10:38 pm

Thank you for being so kind about it all. Ducks are great. Lot more personality then chickens. I miss my ducks from our old place. Now we have alligators in our pond not ducks.

Alien99
Butterfly
Butterfly

07 Oct 2021, 5:34 pm

I like having adhd and and autism, it works out well. I seemed to have gotten the best of both worlds. I can see global and detail. I have energy and tenacity in spades. My biggest issue is finding people as intense as I am. Who I can unleash my creative thinking and get valuable feedback on my ideas and mirroring of what I am like to others. I have never met anyone like me in real life. I might internally combust if I do. I have met some like me on here though and it had been sheer joy to interact. So I keep trying to see how many more I can find. Maybe I can build the connections on here to build a new world order of really, smart, sensitive people who can save us all (This last part might be wishful thinking but I dream big).

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

07 Oct 2021, 6:02 pm

I can enjoy deep conversations but it does depend on the subject. A subject I can latch onto I go deep, but a subject I find I can't latch onto I can struggle in.
Welcome.

Double Retired
Veteran
Veteran

07 Oct 2021, 9:52 pm

I think my bride has wandered on to other diversions. Some of which are ducks...and geese...and bunnies...and a bold chipmunk... I spend time on WP and she, for some reason, stays busy on Earth.

But I am still curious about how Asperger's + ADHD handles the two traits that I understood them to differ on: (Narrow interests vs. variety of interests) & (inability to stick to routine vs. rigid adherence to routines).

I don't know what DSM-5 says about those two traits but, in practice, they do distinguish me from my bride.