Page 1 of 1 [ 14 posts ] 

Have you ever had a teacher be physically violent with you?
Yes 28%  28%  [ 11 ]
Yes 28%  28%  [ 11 ]
No 23%  23%  [ 9 ]
No 23%  23%  [ 9 ]
Total votes : 40

Aaron_Mason
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jul 2005, 11:14 pm

Have you ever had a teacher be physically violent with you? I've had one teacher hit me with a stick in first grade, and two teachers manhandle me in years 3 and 8.

AS is definitive. Reality is frequently inaccurate.

I'm the same as I was when I was six years old - Modest Mouse

TB_Samurai
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

10 Jul 2005, 11:28 pm

When I was in third grade, my teacher threw me against the ground. I wasn't even trying to hurt anyone. I was just mad about something and I was yelling at her.

Endersdragon
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jul 2005, 11:33 pm

Ive had teachers restrain me a couple times but I generally needed it.

Vote for me in 2020 :-D

TheBladeRoden
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jul 2005, 1:21 am

One did give me the Vulcan nerve pinch, but he didn't do it right I guess.

GalileoAce
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jul 2005, 4:06 am

I can't remember any teacher doing anything physical to me... It's good thing in High school that they didn't... Cos one of us would've been up on charges, probably me...

GA

Feste-Fenris
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jul 2005, 5:02 am

I've berserked a few times and teachers stopped me...

That's it...

Fogman
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jul 2005, 5:25 pm

I attended First Grade in SC back in 1973-74, when teachers could still use corporal punishment in school.--I got smacked a couple of times, but nothing really serious, compared to a few other kids. Second Grade in Maine, none of thet was allowed. 3rd and 4th Grade in Grand Forks North Dakota was in a Catholic school. My third grade teacher was generally Ok, but I hated my 4th Grade Teacher who would grab me by my lower Jaw and yell at me for not paying attention.
5th grade was in Bismark, ND, and late in the school year, I got called to the Principal's office where the principal picked me up by the collar of my shirt and shoved me against the wall. --I had two page list of discipline infractions.
In 7th Grade, I had an English teacher come over to my desk while class was in session, and pick me and the chair up over his head, where he held me upside down for not paying attention to him.

(edited for Typos)

Last edited by Fogman on 11 Jul 2005, 5:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ghosthunter
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jul 2005, 5:27 pm

To Fogman!

That is some intense school punishment!
Even I cannot say anything about it!

Ghosthunter

Fogman
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jul 2005, 5:48 pm

Ghosthunter wrote:
To Fogman!

That is some intense school punishment!
Even I cannot say anything about it!

Ghosthunter

I suppose it was, In first grade as well as when I went to Catholic School it was more or less legal.

The Principal of Grimsrud (5-6 Grades) didn't come back there when I was in sixth grade.

I left 7th Grade a month or so later after the incident with the English Teacher.

Last edited by Fogman on 11 Jul 2005, 6:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MrMeaner
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

11 Jul 2005, 6:48 pm

yea i had teachers who i thought were mean and somewhat violent towards me, but this happened in 1st-3rd grade, and i don't talk about it..it'll just make me angry and won't solve anything..

adversarial
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jul 2005, 5:47 am

Early to mid 1970's, issues of classroom discipline were different. It was not considered illegal or harmful. I remember one particular incident in a maths class. I can't remember how old I was, 7 or 8 maybe, and I had been given my first fountain pen (nib-based with running ink, rather than ballpoint), and the pen seemed to be in pieces, with ink all over the textbook, the writing book and my fingers.

The Maths teacher - Mrs Parker - was duly stressed, annoyed and started slapping me. I even got in trouble at home about it because I got snitched and I wasn't allowed to have my fountain pen any more.

Sea Gull
Sea Gull

15 Jul 2005, 9:26 pm

5th grade. 1998.

I was laughing at graffiti that was written on the desk. Teacher slammed my arms together and pushed me on the floor. Then while I was on the floor being held down (I wasn't doing ANYTHING but laughing at graffiti) the principal walks in a starts yelling at me.

I was turning around (looking behind me) teacher walked up and slammed my face viciously in the desk.

Some other kids in the class were making fun of another kid. He turned around and told them to shut up, teacher walks up and pushes his face in.

Not long after we were out on a field trip and she started bragging to some dude about how kids are scared of her. She's still employed there teaching the same class. Funny how she pushed me around and some other kid who told kids to shut up, but she let kids that kept constantly harrassing me and threatening to "break my jaw" get away with it.

The teacher was from the south Kentucky or Tennessee. Guess they can do that stuff down there. I told my 6th grade teacher what she did and the teacher was completely in shock. I've talked to other kids in both middle school and high school who were also in her class at one time or the other. They had the same problems.

Luckally, I was only in her class for about 2 months. They threw me out of my other school because of the aspergers and the fact that my other school didn't have good enough special ed.

Scoots5012
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jul 2005, 12:30 am

I had a social studies teacher in 8th grade who was an absolute freak. The guy I had I have no idea how he ever managed to get his job. I think he was some vietnam draft dodger who used school as an excuse to get his degree and teacher certification, as well as do a little too much acid, in order to run out his draft eligibility enough so he didn't have to go into the army.

The guy had a huge ego, he would come to class reeking of perfume and wearing about 30Lbs of gold around his neck and wrists.

Anyways, stories are plentiful of his exploits, bizzare assignment, shoving kids into a wall and punching them in solar plexus, throwing chairs and desks and students, ETC.

I got on his wrong side on the first day of school when I couldn't read the seating chart he made up. I asked him where I was suppose to sit and he pointed to a small table way in the back. He then asked me if I knew how to read. I told him I did. He then responded that I was suppose to learn how to do that in kindergarden.

On top of that, his lecture the first day was booooring, and I managed to fall asleep in class.

He went after me one day in class and took all my books and threw them out the door and into the hallway becasue I wasn't paying attention (I was zoned out, coping with overload) He then threw me out (literally) into the hallway.

He would call up my father and lie to him about me. One time my met my dad in person, and he started to cuss up a storm about me. For the first and only time in his life, my father actually tried to help me out with my school situation and complained about his attitude to the prinicpal who turned the other cheek.

Somehow, he managed to teach for 30 years before the district realized what a creep he was and bought out his contract.

SpaceCase
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jul 2005, 4:43 pm

My 4th grade teacher scratched me one time,and my 1st grade teacher pushed me.That's all I can remember...