I overheard my dorm mates talking about my body odour

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

Ghulam Asadiq
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

03 Oct 2021, 7:05 pm

Some of you might have read about my bipolar meds causing a side effect of me stinking like rotting cabbage, my dorm mates in the hostel room I sleep in never seemed to speak about it to me, but tonight, I woke up after being asleep for about an hour, and I heard one of my dorm mates on an upper bunk bed speaking to the guy below him "that black guy in the top bunk in the corner, the one who calls himself Ghulam or whatever, I don't think he even knows what soap is, he reeks like a landfill in the middle of summer, let's say we prank him sometime by spraying him down with something". I have a feeling some of my dorm mates have been talking about my body odour problem whilst I've been sleeping but I was unlucky enough to happen to wake up when they were talking about me.

How do I best explain that my body odour is a medical problem, not my lack of personal hygiene to a bunch of men who most of are ten to twenty years older than me, some of them are former drug addicts so their empathy is more than likely a bit skewed?

Its times like this I wish I could just rip off my skin, maybe then I wouldn't stink and I wouldn't feel the odd one out amongst my dorm mates for being the only brown skinned guy in the hostel.

shortfatbalduglyman
Veteran
Veteran

03 Oct 2021, 9:42 pm

"prank" you?

Is there anyone you can talk to, like an apartment manager?

Maybe you could move in with someone from your current mosque

Youth hostel

Couchsurfing

Ghulam Asadiq
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

18 Oct 2021, 6:24 am

shortfatbalduglyman wrote:
"prank" you?

Is there anyone you can talk to, like an apartment manager?

Maybe you could move in with someone from your current mosque

Youth hostel

Couchsurfing

The hostel manager doesn't seem to care when I talked to them about it.

I've tried asking people at the mosque and they said they are seeing what they can do, no promises, but they'll try their best to help me.