Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

Aspieangeldude
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

03 Oct 2021, 11:26 pm

Ok so not at this moment, but 3 weeks before last I was hopeless due to a decrease of risperidone an antipsychotic (2mg to 0.5mg) and an increase of atenolol a beta blocker (10mg to 100mg) I couldn’t do nothing but cry and nothing else). I also got angry at my doctors. I somehow even wonder if I was ever on the spectrum or if once I got diagnosed if it was a mistake or mix up in records (that’s my guess) I had a medication adjustment and am normal (even though I’m not sure if I qualify for an official ASD diagnosis (I like rituals and procedures every now and then. I make eye contact and can read faces but sometimes it’s hard, I do have dialogues, I can socialize but not keep a conversation going, main thing though is me narrow intrests are mainly angels but also cartooning, wrestling and Pokémon) I just don’t know anymore…

magz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

04 Oct 2021, 4:06 am

What helps you function best?
Risperidone made a suffering mess of me but it saved others. Psych meds are a very individual thing, even with the same diagnoses. There are no meds for autism but treating comorbids can help a lot with living with autism.

<not moderating PPR stuff concerning East Europe>

Cunfuzed
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

23 Nov 2021, 9:31 pm

magz wrote:
What helps you function best?
Risperidone made a suffering mess of me but it saved others. Psych meds are a very individual thing, even with the same diagnoses. There are no meds for autism but treating comorbids can help a lot with living with autism.

You mean comorbids like high cholesterol or something?