Velociraptor
Velociraptor

17 Oct 2021, 2:52 am

What are your beliefs?

Itendswithmexx
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

17 Oct 2021, 2:54 am

Mental health jobs are paid a generous amount for doing not a lot. I’ve worked for $10 an hour to do more then they do in one hour then they do it an entire day. Being born with a decent brain pays. Work smarter not harder.

apex116
Raven
Raven

18 Oct 2021, 7:48 am

Crystal1414 wrote:
Some people in my life think it's cool and quirky to see reality differently. No, it's scary and confusing and I feel shame. I have done things I regret very much. I have had to text crisis lines with tears streaming down my face. I have to take medications that I'm scared to take. I cant even bring myself to do what I need to do sometimes.

I have been nonverbal before and it's not good. I just stop being able to say what I need to say. I have had moments where I cannot move because of fear. I have had moments where I cant comprehend what is going on around me. I have moments where every conversation is just words being said around me.

I have had moments where I just dont care about certain things and I pee myself. I have had moments where I poop myself too. It's because I get so preoccupied with other stuff.

I constantly feel like I'm a burden for my family even though they say that I'm not. I feel embarrassed to be so dependent on them. I will probably never live on my own. I have a diagnosis of Schizophrenia. I'm not depressed currently. I'm just so overwhelmed by my symptoms currently. And I saw some stuff online that made me feel weird, people glamorizing mental illness

Dear Crystal1414,

Thank you for coming out regarding your mental health where I can completely understand how difficult disclosing such matters regarding mental health can be particulary with respect to such stigma.

Firstly, I don't believe you should feel any guilt or burden on your family for having such a diagnosis as it is a matter which you didn't choose.

Your feelings on antipsychotics are fully understandable where such side effects are certainly uncomfortable, to say the least. However, I would advise you to continue taking your medication to prevent the risk of relapse.

I believe that psychosis is very complex and can be difficult to understand even for professionals. Psychosis is a debilitating disorder that is difficult for anyone to bear so you are not alone.

However, there are a number of reasons why people believe that this is a certain positive element within psychosis.

Firstly, with psychosis, there is commonly what is referred to as a delusion of grandiose where people are convinced they are in insanely high positions or have accomplished unfathomable achievements. This is normally accompanied by a manic state where they feel at the top of the world and there is no point within the life have they felt so positive.

Secondly, I believe there is an element of denial of the episode where perhaps they do not want to wish for their friends and family to be aware of their true suffering.

Finally, I think in the case of acute and transient psychotic episodes, it is often their case where they have genuinely been misdiagnosed and involuntarily treated against their will despite having no mental illness.

In such they have been wrongly claimed to lack insight and forced antipsychotics and other brutalities of the system where really they would have liked their experience to have been respected and not wrongly tortured within a flawed psychiatric model which doesn't in any way benefit them.

Unfortunately, psychiatrists have difficulties in separating spiritual/religious issues from mental illness. This is only recently starting to be addressed for example with the introduction of spiritual crisis/emergency within the DSM.

These refer to spiritually turbulent events which promote a personal sense of growth where such individuals find them to be life-changing experiences where the benefits are not honoured in the psychiatric model. A common example of such is the Kundalini crisis which is often mistaken as psychosis.

apex116
Raven
Raven

18 Oct 2021, 8:31 am

Itendswithmexx wrote:
Mental health jobs are paid a generous amount for doing not a lot. I’ve worked for $10 an hour to do more then they do in one hour then they do it an entire day. Being born with a decent brain pays. Work smarter not harder.

I believe that money is perhaps not the only factor that motivates an individual to pursue a particular career. For example, many in mental health roles enjoy the satisfaction of making an invaluable difference in the lives of others.

I believe that in the UK, nursing has become a profession requiring a university degree so nurses certainly aren't stupid.

shortfatbalduglyman
Veteran
Veteran

18 Oct 2021, 9:07 am

Not everyone with the same diagnosis, has the same perspective

People that have never had that medical condition, are limited in what they can know about the condition. Their impression and imagination are not always factually accurate or justified. However those people do not have bad intentions and or anything like that. They are just jumping to bad conclusions. Please ignore those people

Pieplup
Veteran
Veteran

05 Nov 2021, 8:21 am

Crystal1414 wrote:
Some people in my life think it's cool and quirky to see reality differently. No, it's scary and confusing and I feel shame. I have done things I regret very much. I have had to text crisis lines with tears streaming down my face. I have to take medications that I'm scared to take. I cant even bring myself to do what I need to do sometimes.

I have been nonverbal before and it's not good. I just stop being able to say what I need to say. I have had moments where I cannot move because of fear. I have had moments where I cant comprehend what is going on around me. I have moments where every conversation is just words being said around me.

I have had moments where I just dont care about certain things and I pee myself. I have had moments where I poop myself too. It's because I get so preoccupied with other stuff.

I constantly feel like I'm a burden for my family even though they say that I'm not. I feel embarrassed to be so dependent on them. I will probably never live on my own. I have a diagnosis of Schizophrenia. I'm not depressed currently. I'm just so overwhelmed by my symptoms currently. And I saw some stuff online that made me feel weird, people glamorizing mental illness
I don't know honestly I find my schizophrenia a bit amusing. my ptsd psychosis a bit less so. I'm trapped in a hell of my own trauma yay me. Honestly, I'm so severely mentally ill at this point that there's nothing i can do not to be a burden. and I'm might end up having a sort dissociative dementia from chronic trauma. I come from a family of disabled people and mentally ill people. and It put alot of unfair pressure on me. I know it cause me to push myself harder. I've learned to accept myself as the most mentally ill disabled poerson in my family. I know i've pushed myself to the point where i had autistic burnout so bad i lost ability walk. and I know there's really onthing i can do about it. and no it's not fair that I try hardest. I'm the stronger one. I know other people might not be able to accept that. But I accept myself. I accept my disability. I accept my trauma. I accept my autism.I accept my insanity. It's not something that's easy. I just do my best to cope and that's enough. I'm done hiding. I wear my autism like a badge of honor.. I'm happily autistic in public. I feel your pain in a way only the most disabled people can understand...
Also honestly everyone sees reality differently. and with my psychosis. I live in a psychosis on pain trauma. My entire realkity is designed to torture me. but the doens't have to stop me. Cause Guess what. My world is a very painful place. but guess what It doesn't have to cause pain. I can learn (and have learned) to take control over it. and just because hell doesn't mean it can heaven too. I am a very intelligent and strong person. I don't know what your psychosis is. but In mine. I can learn to be happy within it.. Also my persceptice on schizophrenia would be different if maybe hallucinations were painful or something. even the scary ones are kinda of amusing to me. My fiancee has schizophrenia and i know her voices hard for her to deal with. I dont't really wanna take my anti-psychotic either caues i find hallucinations amusing but. I think my ability to communicate owuld be worse without it.. My psychosis has been lvining hell for me but then again its me my entire life is living hell. :lol: