Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

06 Oct 2021, 12:15 am

Brictoria wrote:
Pepe wrote:
Brictoria wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
Since we don't have any tankies I don't imagine anyone is likely to defend China's crimes against humanity.

I'm not so sure: I've seen certain people respond to any critism of the Chinese government and\or it's actions with assertions of Xenophobia or "racism", so there's a chance some may try to defend these actions...

This is probably the pavlovian dog bell response, bypassing the brain. 8)

Quite likely. It certainly seems to come across as a reflexive responce, rather than one formed through rational thought.

After 4 years of the reflexive "Orange man bad" responces, no doubt responding in such ways to alternative stimuli would become a hard habit to break...

Hyperpartisanship is messmerising. 8O

And one more thing,

"A stranger is a friend gang-stalker you haven't met yet." Humour is not meant to be taken seriously, yet many pervert its intent.
Truth may be inconvenient but it is never politically incorrect...The Oracle of Truth has spoken...8)

I luv KFC!

DW_a_mom
Veteran
Veteran

06 Oct 2021, 1:30 am

Brictoria wrote:
Pepe wrote:
Brictoria wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
Since we don't have any tankies I don't imagine anyone is likely to defend China's crimes against humanity.

I'm not so sure: I've seen certain people respond to any critism of the Chinese government and\or it's actions with assertions of Xenophobia or "racism", so there's a chance some may try to defend these actions...

This is probably the pavlovian dog bell response, bypassing the brain. 8)

Quite likely. It certainly seems to come across as a reflexive responce, rather than one formed through rational thought.

After 4 years of the reflexive "Orange man bad" responces, no doubt responding in such ways to alternative stimuli would become a hard habit to break...

Or maybe the reflexive response is to assume every comment you can't personally see the logic in as hyper-partisan? It's a convenient way to write points off, isn't it? Assume its partisan and, thus, excuse yourself from having to think too hard about it.

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

06 Oct 2021, 2:56 am

DW_a_mom wrote:
Just FYI, I was completely oblivious to the existence of "tankies." Although I am aware there are extremist groups on the far left, I haven't given any time or bandwidth to figuring out what they think or why. I don't accept them anymore than I accept the extremist groups on the far right.

Ahh, well you don't have a giant media conglomerate hyperventilating and pointing to them for views and other reasons, so why would you know about them?

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

06 Oct 2021, 3:40 am

Dox47 wrote:
DW_a_mom wrote:
Just FYI, I was completely oblivious to the existence of "tankies." Although I am aware there are extremist groups on the far left, I haven't given any time or bandwidth to figuring out what they think or why. I don't accept them anymore than I accept the extremist groups on the far right.

Ahh, well you don't have a giant media conglomerate hyperventilating and pointing to them for views and other reasons, so why would you know about them?

You mean like the way the Murdoch owned news does with anything remotely left wing?

DW_a_mom
Veteran
Veteran

06 Oct 2021, 3:48 am

Dox47 wrote:
DW_a_mom wrote:

Is the media hyperventilating about any of the extremist groups? My sources aren't; I can't speak for ones I don't use.

It makes news when they do something. The ones on the left haven't been doing much lately, unless you know something I don't. Nor the right; actually. Not since January. Summer 2020 was ... confusing. So many extremists of all stripes getting involved simply because unrest of any sort is the perfect opportunity to sew chaos.