Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

MegamanJ
Butterfly
Butterfly

05 Oct 2021, 6:22 pm

hey I've started playing BioShock 1 and I've stopped at Neptune's Bounty I don't know if I should keep playing that game or if I should play BioShock Infinite instead I'm just I don't know I just want to try to play something fun and new and I feel like either game would be good but I don't know what to go with can somebody help me?

Aspiegaming
Veteran
Veteran

06 Oct 2021, 10:05 am

You stopped at Neptune's Bounty? You haven't experienced the twist at the game's climax. I won't spoil it. I'll just say keep going until you reach the final boss.

If my darkness or eccentricness offends you, I don't really care.

I will not apologize for being me.

Bradleigh
Veteran
Veteran

06 Oct 2021, 9:52 pm

I am not too aware of needing to finish the first game to enjoy Infinite. But of you do play the Infinite DLC (Burial at sea), which is really good, it is probably best to finish the original Bioshock before that.

roronoa79
Veteran
Veteran

04 Nov 2021, 8:24 pm

I would say to play them 1, 2, then Infinite.
1 is the simplest and has a great story, 2 makes no sense without playing 1, and Infinite is saving the best for last.

Δυνατὰ δὲ οἱ προύχοντες πράσσουσι καὶ οἱ ἀσθενεῖς ξυγχωροῦσιν.
Those with power do what their power permits, and the weak can only acquiesce.

- Thucydides

Tross
Veteran
Veteran

11 Nov 2021, 3:46 pm

I'd recommend playing the games in order. I'd say that the first game is practically essential to understand the second. Infinite stands mostly on its own, with the exception being the DLC, which does build on the events of the first two games. I think you could get by in Infinite's DLC with just having played the first game, but the bottom line is, the first game is pretty essential. I'd definitely recommend playing the second game as it expands on the story of the first, but if you skip any game, that's probably the one to skip. I suppose you don't have to play Infinite either, though it is fantastic.

helloyes96555
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

13 Nov 2021, 8:17 pm

Bioshock 1 is pretty boring to me cause it feels like a more watered down version of System Shock 2. It's basically identical.