Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

Crystal1414
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

06 Oct 2021, 12:44 pm

I got prescribed Paxil for depression. I get depressive episodes a lot. I'm still on Abilify. I hope it helps my depression and anxiety that I experience daily. I had a great appointment as well.

magz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

06 Oct 2021, 12:59 pm

Paxi is in the SSRI group. Should work for depression.
I hope it helps.
It can get worse before getting better - have patience for a few weeks, inform your doc of any problematic symptoms.

<not moderating PPR stuff concerning East Europe>

badRobot
Veteran
Veteran

06 Oct 2021, 1:21 pm

Not a doctor, but make sure you eat healthy food with variety of proteins, especially rich in tryptophan, cover all vitamins and minerals, get enough sunlight and exercise.

SSRIs do not solve serotonin supply problem. If your brain can't synthesize serotonin due to deficit of tryptophan in your food or because tryptophan can't cross blood-brain barrier due to not enough of exercise and sunlight or if tryptophan metabolises into quinolinic acid due to lack of exercise, there will be nothing to re-uptake, and inhibiting re-uptake will not do s**t.

Don't leave your recovery at mercy of blind luck and pills, be intentional about all aspects, all links of this chain. The sooner you can adjust your lifestyle and get off SSRIs, the better. This is not my personal opinion, this is results of follow up research. Long term SSRI medications makes depression worse.

Crystal1414
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

07 Oct 2021, 3:24 pm

badRobot wrote:
Not a doctor, but make sure you eat healthy food with variety of proteins, especially rich in tryptophan, cover all vitamins and minerals, get enough sunlight and exercise.

SSRIs do not solve serotonin supply problem. If your brain can't synthesize serotonin due to deficit of tryptophan in your food or because tryptophan can't cross blood-brain barrier due to not enough of exercise and sunlight or if tryptophan metabolises into quinolinic acid due to lack of exercise, there will be nothing to re-uptake, and inhibiting re-uptake will not do s**t.

Don't leave your recovery at mercy of blind luck and pills, be intentional about all aspects, all links of this chain. The sooner you can adjust your lifestyle and get off SSRIs, the better. This is not my personal opinion, this is results of follow up research. Long term SSRI medications makes depression worse.

Yeah. I'm trying to eat healthier. I have been eating way less sugar recently.

I exercise quite often.

I'm also on Abilify for Schizophrenia. I get depressive episodes as a result of that. I'm probably not gonna stay on paxil forever.

Veteran
Veteran

07 Oct 2021, 8:56 pm

Crystal1414 wrote:
I'm also on Abilify for Schizophrenia. I get depressive episodes as a result of that. I'm probably not gonna stay on paxil forever.

Could also be a negative symptom of schizophrenia. We tried one of the newer SSRIs on me a few months ago and I felt neither better nor worse. Here's hoping your body responds better than mine.

Abilify wasn't enough for me, so I'm on olanzapine (25 mg at the peak, just 5 now). I'm happy as long as I can avoid clozapine.

Crystal1414
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

07 Oct 2021, 9:08 pm

1986 wrote:
Crystal1414 wrote:

Could also be a negative symptom of schizophrenia. We tried one of the newer SSRIs on me a few months ago and I felt neither better nor worse. Here's hoping your body responds better than mine.

Abilify wasn't enough for me, so I'm on olanzapine (25 mg at the peak, just 5 now). I'm happy as long as I can avoid clozapine.

I hadn't thought about that. I hope I feel better from it but I'm not sure. I have never tried an SSRI before.

Abilify is weird for me honestly. I'm glad you are able to avoid Clozapine.