Page 1 of 1 [ 16 posts ] 

Crystal1414
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

06 Oct 2021, 2:34 pm

I have Schizophrenia and a nicotine addiction. Apparently it's common with Schizophrenia.

It's a problem. Nicotine helps with stress. I vape often and I'm not ready to quit. Some family members keep telling me to quit. I don't think they understand how much those puffs help my thoughts or what it is like to be me.

I'm going to quit eventually. I just am not in the place to quit. Other family members are very supportive and even go with me when I buy new pods. They say I am 20 and can make my own decisions.

I feel instantly calm when I puff on my vape. It slows down paranoia and anxiety. Life feels very overwhelming a lot of the time. Coffee is too intense for me and causes me to feel on edge.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

06 Oct 2021, 2:52 pm

Coffee tends to cause anxiety more than soothe it. Nicotine is an anxiolytic (anti-anxiety agent).

Both vaping and smoking have health concerns, but that's true of prescription meds for mental health concerns too.

"If you stick a knife in my back 9 inches and pull it out 6 inches, there's no progress. If you pull it all the way out, that's not progress. The progress is healing the wound that the blow made... and they won't even admit the knife is there." Malcolm X
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

Crystal1414
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

06 Oct 2021, 3:09 pm

funeralxempire wrote:
Coffee tends to cause anxiety more than soothe it. Nicotine is an anxiolytic (anti-anxiety agent).

Both vaping and smoking have health concerns, but that's true of prescription meds for mental health concerns too.

Coffee really makes me feel worse. Nicotine just soothes it all.

Yeah. I just got prescribed a new medication and I'm a bit scared because nausea might be a side effect.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

06 Oct 2021, 3:15 pm

Crystal1414 wrote:
Yeah. I just got prescribed a new medication and I'm a bit scared because nausea might be a side effect.

Odds are if you experience nausea it'll just be initially as your body adjusts. It's hard to endure side-effects like that but hopefully the struggle will be worth the outcome.

"If you stick a knife in my back 9 inches and pull it out 6 inches, there's no progress. If you pull it all the way out, that's not progress. The progress is healing the wound that the blow made... and they won't even admit the knife is there." Malcolm X
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

Crystal1414
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

06 Oct 2021, 7:06 pm

funeralxempire wrote:
Crystal1414 wrote:

Odds are if you experience nausea it'll just be initially as your body adjusts. It's hard to endure side-effects like that but hopefully the struggle will be worth the outcome.

Yeah. I'm honestly a bit scared to take it. It's supposed to help with anxiety and depression. I get depressed a lot for some reason. I hope the struggle will be worth it.

Earthbound_Alien
Veteran
Veteran

07 Oct 2021, 4:43 am

I vape too

I was smoking but switched to vaping...i was on 18mg but now vape 12, I am slowly reducing

I just got myself some scales and an air walker so I can get back on fitness program

I love health and fitness

don't feel pressured, stop when you are ready or don't stop if you don't want to

if I could give you a hug and make everything alright with your world I would...but I can't

if you ever need some one whom understands to talk to, drop me a line x

you are always more than welcome xx

you can talk about whatever you want..

Relax_on_Standby
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

09 Oct 2021, 2:13 am

When I got hospitalized I replaced weed, pills and alcohol with hookah. I know I shouldn't smoke tobacco but its the only time I can really calm my anxiety.

Itendswithmexx
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

17 Oct 2021, 9:13 am

What’s your brain development age?

Try lozenges and alternate. Have a puff and then when you want a puff and huff have a lozenge. You got to want to quit.

Itendswithmexx
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

17 Oct 2021, 9:14 am

Nicotine is a stimulant so if you have add it might help assist you with focusing.

Itendswithmexx
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

17 Oct 2021, 9:16 am

Nicotine helps with stress by reducing your withdrawals to it by giving you the fix. Like methadone. Gives you a tiny bit of heroin kinda like a vaccine. You can get gum,lozenges that releases the nicotine without giving you cancer causing chemicals.

Crystal1414
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

17 Oct 2021, 5:35 pm

Itendswithmexx wrote:
What’s your brain development age?

Try lozenges and alternate. Have a puff and then when you want a puff and huff have a lozenge. You got to want to quit.

I'm 20.

I will try that. That sounds like a good idea.

Cunfuzed
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

23 Nov 2021, 9:26 pm

Too, the reasons nicotine makes things better and caffeine makes things worse is nicotine acts on certain receptors of people exposed to dioxin. The meds best used to treat dioxin exposure, even though genetic exposure, are all with side effects of edema while caffeine is a diuretic and causes the relief of edema, noting edema means to retain fluid while diuretic means excrete fluid.

kaiouti12
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

25 Nov 2021, 3:15 am

You DO want to stop smoking OP, right?

If so;
For me I lived with other smokers, I was lucky enough to stop smoking the exact same time as others in the house.
It helps to make small changes to your behaviours. First the thought, why do you smoke?
Then once you've gathered your own opinion on why you LIKE it. Even though you weren't born, needing to smoke. right?
You can then proceed to find reasons to NOT LIKE it. Such as;
1 - I want to stop smoking to prevent cancer and other dibilitating illnesses to effect me (Apparently incontinence in older age is one) Also mind the effect you are having on your peers, you don't ALWAYS want them to care for you, do you? Lung Cancer and breathing issues related to asthma and prolonged routine of messing up your breathing rhythm. (Lung and breathe test) Thickened blood and weakened nerves and veins. (Blood tests)
2 - I want to improve the people I hang around with, therefore in turn changing me for a better, healthier version of myself (everywhere you go you might have noticed that you are self secluding yourself from more healthier people that can help get your life back on track to prefer the people that are "toxic" if you have accepted that as a "personality trait" I feel sorry for you)
3 - Makes all the house smell, clothes smell and can damage electricals.
4 - Waste of money. The negatives outweigh the positive of "It calms me" or "It soothes me". I used to go through like half to one full 40 pack a day, and I could tell it was doing more damage than good "feelings". Those feelings can be gained again after stopping smoking and changing your behaviour for a better living routine and your balance with the neuro-physical and neuro-chemical pathways.
5 - Don't contribute to the Industry, the smoking industry doesn't care about you or the people that support you.

Other Tips;
Be lazy for a while, do I really want to get ready to go down to the shop to buy smokes, amongst all those people? That would give me more anxiety than any amount of smokes that would ever quell.

Treat yourself, buy a sugary drink or some tea or chocolate to start the un-threading of the ties of YOU + SMOKING in your brain, good food, good drink can ease the need to go back to smokes. A drink whether water or something special with sugar can really help during walks our being in nervy situations.

Cunfuzed
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

02 Dec 2021, 6:51 pm

Crystal1414 wrote:
I have Schizophrenia and a nicotine addiction. Apparently it's common with Schizophrenia.

It's a problem. Nicotine helps with stress. I vape often and I'm not ready to quit. Some family members keep telling me to quit. I don't think they understand how much those puffs help my thoughts or what it is like to be me.

I'm going to quit eventually. I just am not in the place to quit. Other family members are very supportive and even go with me when I buy new pods. They say I am 20 and can make my own decisions.

I feel instantly calm when I puff on my vape. It slows down paranoia and anxiety. Life feels very overwhelming a lot of the time. Coffee is too intense for me and causes me to feel on edge.

Of course nicotine slows paranoia. Very likely part of the problem is from dioxin exposure. Either your grampa was in WW2, your dad was in Vietnam, one of your ancestors worked in a chemical plant, etc. and you've already went through that leaky gut crap with the repetitive diet. If you eat the same things after getting medicine as before you got medicine, your gut is going to leak, your voices are going to get worse etc. I figured all my options out before my gut started to leak but had to go through all that before I went for the final option just to be able to give my doctors some to really think about before putting me back into their box for treating my problem with the gut leaking.

blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

14 Dec 2021, 1:38 pm

Crystal1414 wrote:

Keep vaping.

The negative health effects of both vaping & smoking are overstated in my opinion.

Nicotine is a potent anti-psychotic & can improve sensory gating (filtering unwanted stimuli) and can also reduce the negative symptoms of Schizophrenia.

Schizophrenia is a terrifying pathology for those afflicted so I have sympathy that you have this issue. It doesn't have to overtake your life though.

Good article:

https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/abs/pii/S0006322304000630

Cunfuzed
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

21 Dec 2021, 1:50 am

blitzkrieg wrote:
Crystal1414 wrote:

Keep vaping.

The negative health effects of both vaping & smoking are overstated in my opinion.

Nicotine is a potent anti-psychotic & can improve sensory gating (filtering unwanted stimuli) and can also reduce the negative symptoms of Schizophrenia.

Schizophrenia is a terrifying pathology for those afflicted so I have sympathy that you have this issue. It doesn't have to overtake your life though.

Good article:

https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/abs/pii/S0006322304000630

Due respect, would you prefer to trust some researcher that writes for a paycheck, or would you prefer to trust someone kind of on the same boat as you who researches all kinds of facts about medicine as a special interest to understand and try to explain things?