Mandatory vaccination bill to go before parliament in NSW

Page 2 of 2 [ 17 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

chaosmos
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

10 Oct 2021, 5:22 am

HeroOfHyrule wrote:
Good. While I'm all for allowing businesses to mandate vaccinations, I feel that they should be ready to be held liable if someone has a reaction to one they got just so they can attend work and they end up with a health issue. Any medication and procedure has potential risks, and if an employer is mandating some sort of procedure then they should account for the risks and be prepared to cover their employees if an adverse event happens.

Absolutely agree. However, the original content that was posted above was a draft bill and has not yet been passed in parliament. Businesses all over Australia have been lumped with Public Health Orders/mandates for all staff to be double vaccinated with most businesses not holding liability for vaccine injury should it occur.

No one knows what’s going on and who would be held to account. Businesses are also threatened with hefty fines should they not comply with having all employees vaccinated.

It’s a terrifying reality. People are leaving their jobs. I’m an educator and there are three teachers leaving our staff of 30 because they want to choose to be vaccinated, not forced. Coercion and bodily autonomy are two things that should exist separately, nor should mandates threaten people’s livelihood should they choose not to be vaccinated.