Hello, 大家好!ฅʕ•̫͡•ʔฅ

Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

WeirdMetronome
Raven
Raven

07 Oct 2021, 9:59 am

Hi all, I am WeirdMetronome, just joined today. I'm really looking forward to meeting other people on the spectrum as I don't know anyone else around me who is and it can get pretty lonely sometimes. My favourite stim is to rock back and forth whilst listening to music, hence the username. :P

I'm undiagnosed, though to be honest I have no idea how it was never picked up as when I think back to my childhood it should have been pretty obvious! I discovered I was autistic in my late 20s after watching the Tony Attwood presentation regarding girls with aspergers. The more I read about autism and other womens' experiences of being autistic the more my own situation started to make sense.

My main interest is learning Chinese and learning to play ancient Chinese music on my guqin. I fell in love with this instrument as it really helps me to feel calm.

I struggle quite a lot with connecting people in general because my interests tend to be super niche I guess. :?

Other less niche interests include playing video games and guitar. Though for video games I don't really tend to play much new stuff and I end up playing the games I like over and over.... maybe that is also another type of stim, I don't know. :P I love Pokémon, which has been probably the longest running interest of mine since the very first games came out.

Anyway, I don't want to make this too long :oops: I look forward to meeting everyone. :)

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

07 Oct 2021, 10:17 am

Welcome to WP!

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

Double Retired
Veteran
Veteran

07 Oct 2021, 10:21 am

Welcome to WP! I think you can find some nice diversions here.

Emperor Mothman
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

08 Oct 2021, 11:17 am

You have a favorite pokemon type though? and why is it your favorite?

WeirdMetronome
Raven
Raven

08 Oct 2021, 3:11 pm

Emperor Mothman wrote:
You have a favorite pokemon type though? and why is it your favorite?

Dark type! It was introduced in my favourite games of the series back in Gold/Silver/Crystal and I was a huge fan of Umbreon. Then when Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald came out I had a bit of an Absol obsession and collected a whole bunch of them :lol: I just like Dark type Pokémon designs in general I think. How about you?

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

08 Oct 2021, 7:21 pm

Welcome to Wrong Planet! :D

autisticelders
Veteran
Veteran

12 Oct 2021, 4:41 am

welcome

"Curiosity is one of the permanent and certain characteristics of a vigorous intellect.” Samuel Johnson