Farting in front of your partner...

Page 1 of 2 [ 31 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

babybird
Veteran
Veteran

07 Oct 2021, 2:59 pm

At what point in a relationship is it acceptable to break wind in front of your partner?

Is it ever OK or should you just always clench your cheeks and wait until they have left the room?

What if one slips out when you're in bed?

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

07 Oct 2021, 3:06 pm

babybird wrote:
At what point in a relationship is it acceptable to break wind in front of your partner?
When you can blame it on the dog in the room.
babybird wrote:
Is it ever OK or should you just always clench your cheeks and wait until they have left the room?
If you can do it, go for it.
babybird wrote:
What if one slips out when you're in bed?
Blame it on the dog in the room.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

Velorum
Veteran
Veteran

07 Oct 2021, 3:36 pm

I used to work with a senior exec in the NHS who said that he always made a point of farting quite loudly at some point during a first date. He would give a warning that he did not believe in holding his wind a few seconds before it occurred.

He never had any problems with the ladies.

Makes you think.

Personally, the thought of such a thing fills me with anxiety.

Non-binary member of the LGBTQ+ community

Blue_Star
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

07 Oct 2021, 3:38 pm

Everyone farts. If that's a deal breaker, perhaps the other person isn't worth being around.

badRobot
Veteran
Veteran

07 Oct 2021, 3:50 pm

On one hand I get that it means you are comfortable around another person, but on the other hand, I don't want to end up being farting, burping, ball scratching, nose picking, dirty, stinky piece of s**t who just doesn't care anymore. In my personal rule book it's fine to occasionally let it happen naturally or as a joke, but it is "wait until they have left the room" whenever I can.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

07 Oct 2021, 4:01 pm

i have left the room to spare acquaintances my gassiness, and when they ask why i left the room so often, i told them it was to spare their sensibilities. they asked me, "well, why do you have to be so gassy? can't you just change your diet?"

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

07 Oct 2021, 4:03 pm

As long as you don't s**t in somebody's doormat.....

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

07 Oct 2021, 4:41 pm

a while ago i remember reading about some poor mortified girl who clambered out onto the fire escape and got stuck there, because she feared the wrath of her boyfriend whose toilet she just plugged with her alimentary output. when i worked in the hospital at the front desk and one would noisily bark out, i'd stomp on the floor and say "get that duck!" which was usually good for a laugh.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

07 Oct 2021, 6:31 pm

I've been with my partner 7 years, been living with him 3 years, still haven't farted in front of him. I don't like farting in front of anyone - not even my own mother. I'm a "shy farter", meaning farting is something I like to do in private, like pooping or picking my nose.

You probably ask, "what if you really need to fart when you're in the same room as him?" Well, I just leave the room and let it out in another room, or if I can, hold it in.

You also probably ask, "you must have farted in your sleep?" Maybe I have, but my partner has never mentioned it. I usually fart in the bed with him but usually it comes out quiet and he's usually asleep snoring away so is oblivious.

Saying "farting isn't anything to be embarrassed about - everybody farts" doesn't make me any less embarrassed about it. Everyone has a butt too but it isn't acceptable to fully show your bare butt in public.

I am not embarrassed about strutting about in the nude around him though.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

07 Oct 2021, 10:37 pm

I have no issue farting if my boyfriend is around, and he has no issue farting if I am around and we joke about it.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

07 Oct 2021, 10:59 pm

I don’t really care for it myself. I try not to fart in front of my wife.

babybird
Veteran
Veteran

08 Oct 2021, 1:10 am

Thank you guys. You gave me a good laugh when I read all that.

I'm so immature. I love it. It makes me laugh so much when I fart when my boyfriend is there. I think it's part embarrassment, part amusement and part the look on his face as well. He pretends to be disgusted with me but I know he finds it funny.

He gets terribly embarrassed if he slips one out though but I just find it funny.

I think it's the sound it makes.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

08 Oct 2021, 1:29 am

i betcha you didn't know that the phrase "hoist upon his own petard" has as its etymology the french verb "pété[e]" and means literally to be lifted up in the air or shown up in public by one's farts as a metaphor for having one's shortcomings or mistakes publicly ridiculed.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

08 Oct 2021, 1:47 am

auntblabby wrote:
i have left the room to spare acquaintances my gassiness, and when they ask why i left the room so often, i told them it was to spare their sensibilities. they asked me, "well, why do you have to be so gassy? can't you just change your diet?"
badRobot wrote:
On one hand I get that it means you are comfortable around another person, but on the other hand, I don't want to end up being farting, burping, ball scratching, nose picking, dirty, stinky piece of s**t who just doesn't care anymore. In my personal rule book it's fine to occasionally let it happen naturally or as a joke, but it is "wait until they have left the room" whenever I can.
Farting can sometimes be caused by meds or medical disorders. I had a couple year phase where I farted a lot & had constipation problems because I was taking the med Pepcid/Famotidine for GERD(Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease). I tried changing my diet some & was taking a stool-softener every couple days & still had problems. Pepcid was not helping my GERD enough & the med was eventually changed to Prilosec/Omeprazole & my problems with constipation & being gassy stopped after a while. I never thought it was the Pepcid because I was on it a while before I started noticing problems & my docs never thought there was a connection either. I looked it up after realizing a possible connection & there can sometimes be one.

Trying to hold my farts in caused something of a rebound effect where the urge would get more frequent & when I would fart I would need to fart again every few minutes or so. If I didn't hold it in at all, I might only fart only a couple times in the span of an hour. But if I held in a fart for 5 minutes, I would fart a couple times after I started letting it go. If I held it in for 20 minutes, I would fart probably around 10 times every couple or few minutes apart.

Luckily my farts seldom smell. I never left the room to fart when me & my girlfriend were home in the some room cuz it's just too inconvenient, especially when I'm in the middle of helping her with a chore/task or we're sitting down together cuddling, or I'm at the counter eating. Plus she has a brother who finds it funny to go next to someone if a family member is around when he has to fart & his usually smelled so her bar isn't that high cuz mine usually don't smell. I find farts very funny sometimes but I never fart as a joke & can not do that on command. I can only fart when I have an urge. Cass has problems herself with stomach acid & she belches a bit but they don't sound like burps, it sounds like a loud sudden screech or squawk. I laugh & also find it cute. Her docs are very lost as to the cause of her stomach acid & what to do about it. They're just grasping at straws or just dismiss it.

I pick my nose a lot sometimes because I have bad sinus & allergy problems & like with farting leaving the room can be very inconvenient so I don't bother if just my girlfriend is around. I'm on a couple allergy meds but they just do NOT help enough. What I hate most about apartment living is that some neighbors just have to smoke & some smokers & the landlords do not care about it being against the rules or others having health problems from being forced to breath in their smoke. I actually would prefer to live in a cr@ppy rundown mobile home or tiny home that is a ways away from the sidewalk, parking lots, & neighbors so my health would not be negatively affected by others smoking but that isn't really feasible so I have to endure. Sorry about the rant. I'm OK with people choosing to smoke & I try to be respectful of their right to smoke if I do not have to smell it in my own place or smell it when I go into the hall or outside.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

08 Oct 2021, 2:35 am

Rule #235 says if you have already saw them naked then they can hear your farts.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

08 Oct 2021, 8:34 pm

babybird wrote:
Thank you guys. You gave me a good laugh when I read all that.

I'm so immature. I love it. It makes me laugh so much when I fart when my boyfriend is there. I think it's part embarrassment, part amusement and part the look on his face as well. He pretends to be disgusted with me but I know he finds it funny.

He gets terribly embarrassed if he slips one out though but I just find it funny.

I think it's the sound it makes.

Well I was even going to even mention maybe I am immature, but I do think farts and like butt humor is funny, can't help it. Like if you want me to giggle like a child on a crazy sugar high, than butt and fart jokes will do the trick.