Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

Crystal1414
Toucan
Toucan

Joined: 25 Aug 2020
Posts: 256
Location: Canada

07 Oct 2021, 8:26 pm

My grandparents want me to go out once or twice a week with a support worker. They think I should get out more but they dont want me going out alone.

I'm a bit scared honestly. It's scary to meet new people.



funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 27 Oct 2014
Age: 37
Gender: Non-binary
Posts: 14,806
Location: I'm right here

07 Oct 2021, 8:37 pm

It can be scary to meet new people, but it's also something that becomes easier in some ways if you build a recent history of it going well.


_________________
Be reasonable, demand the impossible.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う


Crystal1414
Toucan
Toucan

Joined: 25 Aug 2020
Posts: 256
Location: Canada

07 Oct 2021, 8:58 pm

funeralxempire wrote:
It can be scary to meet new people, but it's also something that becomes easier in some ways if you build a recent history of it going well.


Yeah. I just feel like I dont make good first impressions. I don't make eye contact and it can take days for me to feel comfortable around someone new. I have had a few bad experiences honestly. I think this should go well though, because someone who works with mentally ill people is probably not going to judge me. That's what everyone says to me so that I feel more comfortable with the idea.



funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 27 Oct 2014
Age: 37
Gender: Non-binary
Posts: 14,806
Location: I'm right here

07 Oct 2021, 9:02 pm

I'd expect someone who's background involves training to deal with behaviours that are common among people with mental illness isn't going to judge because they get it better than the average person you'll encounter.


_________________
Be reasonable, demand the impossible.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う


Crystal1414
Toucan
Toucan

Joined: 25 Aug 2020
Posts: 256
Location: Canada

07 Oct 2021, 9:30 pm

funeralxempire wrote:
I'd expect someone who's background involves training to deal with behaviours that are common among people with mental illness isn't going to judge because they get it better than the average person you'll encounter.


That makes a lot of sense. Also this time I'm not gonna do anything to make it tense. I'm going to behave. Before I would wander off and get in potentially dangerous situations. I will try not to do that this time. I hope that I dont get a lecture about hygiene though. I always do from professionals. My grandparents also constantly remind me.



funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 27 Oct 2014
Age: 37
Gender: Non-binary
Posts: 14,806
Location: I'm right here

07 Oct 2021, 9:33 pm

Crystal1414 wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
I'd expect someone who's background involves training to deal with behaviours that are common among people with mental illness isn't going to judge because they get it better than the average person you'll encounter.


That makes a lot of sense. Also this time I'm not gonna do anything to make it tense. I'm going to behave. Before I would wander off and get in potentially dangerous situations. I will try not to do that this time. I hope that I dont get a lecture about hygiene though. I always do from professionals. My grandparents also constantly remind me.


Yeah, it's an easy way to avoid losing charisma points. :nerdy:
Speaking of, I should probably wash my hair. :oops:


_________________
Be reasonable, demand the impossible.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う


Crystal1414
Toucan
Toucan

Joined: 25 Aug 2020
Posts: 256
Location: Canada

08 Oct 2021, 2:34 pm

funeralxempire wrote:
Crystal1414 wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
I'd expect someone who's background involves training to deal with behaviours that are common among people with mental illness isn't going to judge because they get it better than the average person you'll encounter.


That makes a lot of sense. Also this time I'm not gonna do anything to make it tense. I'm going to behave. Before I would wander off and get in potentially dangerous situations. I will try not to do that this time. I hope that I dont get a lecture about hygiene though. I always do from professionals. My grandparents also constantly remind me.


Yeah, it's an easy way to avoid losing charisma points. :nerdy:
Speaking of, I should probably wash my hair. :oops:


Yeah. I have not washed my hair for a while. I probably should. I met my support worker today. She is nice but strict. Like there is no room to misbehave. Also I think I made a weird impression. I wasnt at my best today. It took me a long time to feel comfortable.