Why can't I disagree without getting accused of a crime?

Page 1 of 2 [ 25 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

thinkinginpictures
Veteran
Veteran

08 Oct 2021, 6:52 am

Why is it that I cannot disagree with mainstream politics ie. employment and labor/unemployment benefits/UBI without getting accused of being a lazy theft or social fraud?

I think WrongPlanet should adopt a policy on banning personal accusations against each other, only because of political disagreements!

Personal attacks needs to stop!

viewtopic.php?t=400507&start=32#p8877049

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

08 Oct 2021, 8:05 am

Have you reported these attacks to the moderators?

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

thinkinginpictures
Veteran
Veteran

08 Oct 2021, 8:59 am

Fnord wrote:

Yes, and I've just received a confirmation from Cornflake (admin) that it was personal attacks.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

08 Oct 2021, 9:00 am

thinkinginpictures wrote:
Fnord wrote:
Yes, and I just got a confirmation from Cornflake (admin) that it was personal attacks.
Good.

Shall I round up the villagers and hand out the torches and pitchforks?

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

thinkinginpictures
Veteran
Veteran

08 Oct 2021, 9:01 am

Fnord wrote:
Good.
Shall I round up the villagers and hand out the torches and pitchforks?

No.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

08 Oct 2021, 9:09 am

Why is it that I cannot disagree with mainstream politics ie. employment and labor/unemployment benefits/UBI without getting accused of being a lazy theft or social fraud?

I think WrongPlanet should adopt a policy on banning personal accusations against each other, only because of political disagreements!

When was an accusation of laziness an accusation of criminal activity? I don't follow.

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

thinkinginpictures
Veteran
Veteran

08 Oct 2021, 9:37 am

funeralxempire wrote:

When was an accusation of laziness an accusation of criminal activity? I don't follow.

Because it was said in the context of me receiving a benefit/handout from the state.
If you don't get it for a reason, but only because you're lazy, it is social fraud = crime.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

08 Oct 2021, 10:37 am

If everybody didn't work, and received benefits from the "State" instead, the "State" would go bankrupt. And we all would go bankrupt.

Not only that....but we would have lousy roads, lousy health care, lousy everything.

We need people to work to keep our civilization alive.

TheRobotLives
Veteran
Veteran

08 Oct 2021, 10:59 am

The is also a rule that you cannot question a member's diagnosis.

Be the hero of your life.

babybird
Veteran
Veteran

08 Oct 2021, 11:02 am

A lot people are suffering financially in the world and when they are working really really hard to support themselves and their families then it might peeve them to hear that some people think they ought to be entitled to not work at the expense of the hard working tax payer.

demeus
Veteran
Veteran

08 Oct 2021, 11:12 am

kraftiekortie wrote:
If everybody didn't work, and received benefits from the "State" instead, the "State" would go bankrupt. And we all would go bankrupt.

Not only that....but we would have lousy roads, lousy health care, lousy everything.

We need people to work to keep our civilization alive.

You are correct that people who are otherwise able to should work. Not everyone is able to work and the rub is figuring out who is and who is not able to work because many disabilities don't seem obvious at first. There is also the fact that most corporations want interchangeable cogs as workers rather than individuals.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

08 Oct 2021, 11:50 am

funeralxempire wrote:

Because it was said in the context of me receiving a benefit/handout from the state.
If you don't get it for a reason, but only because you're lazy, it is social fraud = crime.

You should report the poster making that accusation.

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

theprisoner
Veteran
Veteran

08 Oct 2021, 12:00 pm

I disagree, those sounds like the words i think of a very bad person, possible even a criminal.

AQ: 27 Diagnosis:High functioning (just on the cusp of normal.) IQ:131 (somewhat inflated result but ego-flattering) DNA:XY Location: UK. Eyes: Blue. Hair: Brown. Height:6'1 Celebrity I most resemble: Tom hardy. Favorite Band: The Doors. Personality: uhhm ....(what can i say...we asd people are strange)

magz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

08 Oct 2021, 12:04 pm

theprisoner wrote:

I disagree, those sounds like the words i think of a very bad person, possible even a criminal.

Do you disagree with WrongPlanet.net rules?

<not moderating PPR stuff concerning East Europe>

theprisoner
Veteran
Veteran

08 Oct 2021, 12:14 pm

Hello Magz, you don't know me personally, but those who do , would probably describe me as somewhat of an habitual line-stepper, i tend to be very sarcastic, not care abut conventions, and just like to make flippant remarks for the hell of it and not care about any fallout. Also i can very blunt, and have a weird sense of humor.

AQ: 27 Diagnosis:High functioning (just on the cusp of normal.) IQ:131 (somewhat inflated result but ego-flattering) DNA:XY Location: UK. Eyes: Blue. Hair: Brown. Height:6'1 Celebrity I most resemble: Tom hardy. Favorite Band: The Doors. Personality: uhhm ....(what can i say...we asd people are strange)

magz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

08 Oct 2021, 12:17 pm

Hello, theprisoner, I believe your above-average intelligence allows you to realize that habitual line-stepping means habitual trouble.

<not moderating PPR stuff concerning East Europe>