Page 1 of 2 [ 19 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Emperor Mothman
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

08 Oct 2021, 11:14 am

Watching the Mandalorian I realized that there could be potential for a character from the clone wars to return. That being the Jen Dai bounty hunter Durge. Sure if I recall, he was blasted off to the sun but with all of his species, they can regenerate. The idea is if they make a new season, they could add Durge as the main antagonist. due to his hatred of the Mandalorian society. and the idea of a character trying to hunt down and track our main protagonist seems super cool. what do you guys think?

theprisoner
Veteran
Veteran

08 Oct 2021, 11:32 am

Only ever had a causal passing interest in it as a kid. Somebody i dislike is into star wars. So i like it even less now.

AQ: 27 Diagnosis:High functioning (just on the cusp of normal.) IQ:131 (somewhat inflated result but ego-flattering) DNA:XY Location: UK. Eyes: Blue. Hair: Brown. Height:6'1 Celebrity I most resemble: Tom hardy. Favorite Band: The Doors. Personality: uhhm ....(what can i say...we asd people are strange)

Emperor Mothman
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

08 Oct 2021, 11:39 am

theprisoner wrote:
Only ever had a causal passing interest in it as a kid. Somebody i dislike is into star wars. So i like it even less now.

Ouch, you have a favorite media franchise other than star wars?

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

08 Oct 2021, 11:47 am

I've got zero remaining enthusiasm for this franchise. Movies have become like fast food, nothing but bland franchises with nothing appealing to offer.

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

theprisoner
Veteran
Veteran

08 Oct 2021, 11:54 am

Emperor Mothman wrote:
theprisoner wrote:

uhhmm..media franchise..lucas is billionaire and very shrewd guy, but no never really cared all that much about his 'work....other franchise?...not into star trek, stargate, star-anything...etc ...i'm kinda embarrassed to admit now but i was into wwf big time as a kid. does that count?

AQ: 27 Diagnosis:High functioning (just on the cusp of normal.) IQ:131 (somewhat inflated result but ego-flattering) DNA:XY Location: UK. Eyes: Blue. Hair: Brown. Height:6'1 Celebrity I most resemble: Tom hardy. Favorite Band: The Doors. Personality: uhhm ....(what can i say...we asd people are strange)

Emperor Mothman
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

08 Oct 2021, 12:21 pm

funeralxempire wrote:
I've got zero remaining enthusiasm for this franchise. Movies have become like fast food, nothing but bland franchises with nothing appealing to offer.

Same but this is legends we're talking about... not canon :lol:

Emperor Mothman
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

08 Oct 2021, 12:23 pm

theprisoner wrote:
Emperor Mothman wrote:
theprisoner wrote:

uhhmm..media franchise..lucas is billionaire and very shrewd guy, but no never really cared all that much about his 'work....other franchise?...not into star trek, stargate, star-anything...etc ...i'm kinda embarrassed to admit now but i was into wwf big time as a kid. does that count?

Anything that's geeky works in my books :lol:

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

08 Oct 2021, 12:43 pm

funeralxempire wrote:
Have you ever heard of "Gentrification"?

"... the process of changing the character of a neighborhood into a more carefully-controlled, predictable, and safe environment."

A similar process occurs due to "Disneyfication".

"... the process of changing the character of original creative content into carefully-controlled, predictable, and safe entertainment."

Ever since Star Wars and Marvel were "Disneyficated", their content has become bland and banal (imho).

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

08 Oct 2021, 7:14 pm

IMO, Disney is now a greedy cash-cow that will do anything to score another big win.

First Marvel, then Star Wars, then a merger with 20th Century Fox.

It makes we wonder what the man Walt Disney would think of his company now.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

08 Oct 2021, 7:18 pm

Fnord wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
Have you ever heard of "Gentrification"?

"... the process of changing the character of a neighborhood into a more carefully-controlled, predictable, and safe environment."

A similar process occurs due to "Disneyfication".

"... the process of changing the character of original creative content into carefully-controlled, predictable, and safe entertainment."

Ever since Star Wars and Marvel were "Disneyficated", their content has become bland and banal (imho).

Personally, they became boring long before Disney was involved.

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

shlaifu
Veteran
Veteran

09 Oct 2021, 9:43 pm

AnonymousAnonymous wrote:
IMO, Disney is now a greedy cash-cow that will do anything to score another big win.

First Marvel, then Star Wars, then a merger with 20th Century Fox.

It makes we wonder what the man Walt Disney would think of his company now.

Walt Disney was quite the capitalist - with as mich childlike pleasure about his company's creations as with its profits.
He was obsessed for a while with expanding animation into something more adult - which is how Fantasia got made- but when that flopped at the box office, he scrapped the idea so thoroughly, animation as an art form never recovered.
He would likely appreciate being the founder of the world's largest media conglomerate.

Edna3362
Veteran
Veteran

09 Oct 2021, 11:27 pm

Never watched it. :lol: And practically never cared.
Only except that I care enough to say I never watched it.

Lose more time here - Updates at least once a week.

enz
Veteran
Veteran

09 Oct 2021, 11:40 pm

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2021, 12:12 am

funeralxempire wrote:

Aint that the truth!

They are all comic book superhero, or reboots, or reboots of comic book superhereos.

Mr Reynholm
Veteran
Veteran

11 Oct 2021, 1:12 pm

Disney is now trying to mine the "Expanded Universe" era of Star Wars that they themselves retconned for interesting ideas/characters to use in their own production. Will the rape of this franchise never end?

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

11 Oct 2021, 2:11 pm

Mr Reynholm wrote:
Disney is now trying to mine the "Expanded Universe" era of Star Wars that they themselves retconned for interesting ideas/characters to use in their own production. Will the rape of this franchise never end?
I have serious doubts that Star Wars and Marvel will ever be innovative (or entertaining) again.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.