Page 4 of 7 [ 107 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

JustFoundHere
Veteran
Veteran

12 Oct 2021, 4:18 pm

funeralxempire wrote:
DuckHairback wrote:
I post here sporadically, mainly when I have stressful work on and I ought to be doing that instead.

Weirdly, my experience of WP is very similar to my experience of the real world - a general sense that I don't fit in here and my input isn't really wanted or is somehow inappropriate. I tend to assume most people would be happier if I wasn't here. Or at least wouldn't notice if I wasn't.

But like in the real world I try very hard to engage with people and respond to their posts in thoughtful and detailed ways. It seems that more often than not, people don't respond to me at all. Occasionally they do, for which I'm grateful, but even then I often I feel like I've been misunderstood.

I'm sure all this says more about my own self-esteem than anything else. No one has been outwardly hostile or anything.

I think a lot of us feel that way.
I think it's something a lot of us have internalized as being normal.

Oh yes, very familiar with that sense of being caught on those "odd ends" of everything, and everyone - the feeling of "not fitting in." This is likely common with High Functioning Autism (HFA) - dilemmas too little understood, and difficult to put to words.

More often than not, I feel it's best to exercise that "neutrality of sorts" in just about any setting of NTs, those on the Autism Spectrum, HFA, and those concerned with developmental disabilities more limiting that HFA.

I had introduced WrongPlanet.net (and my posts) to those with professional interests in the Autism Spectrum to whom I was acquainted. I was struck that most people genuinely concerned with Autism Spectrum chose not to make the time to further investigate.............WP. This must change!

People with both professional and personal interests in HFA in young-adults and older must become an increasingly important constituency here on WP!

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

12 Oct 2021, 4:21 pm

I certainly haven't noticed any "inappropriateness" in DuckHairBack.

I wonder if he really looks like some guy from the 50s.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

12 Oct 2021, 4:53 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:

I assumed he was a giant chicken.

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

12 Oct 2021, 4:55 pm

In the 50s and 60s, and sometimes afterwards, there was a style of combing one's hair in the back known as a DA (duck's ass). It was very stylish, especially, in the 50s.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

12 Oct 2021, 5:04 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
In the 50s and 60s, and sometimes afterwards, there was a style of combing one's hair in the back known as a DA (duck's ass). It was very stylish, especially, in the 50s.

I'm familiar with the greaser look, I just mean his avatar is a chicken dressed as a greaser, not a person. :nerdy:

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

12 Oct 2021, 5:04 pm

I see what you mean....

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

12 Oct 2021, 6:17 pm

WP saved my life. i'm grateful and loyal. 'nuff said.

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

12 Oct 2021, 7:34 pm

DuckHairback wrote:
I post here sporadically, mainly when I have stressful work on and I ought to be doing that instead.

Weirdly, my experience of WP is very similar to my experience of the real world - a general sense that I don't fit in here and my input isn't really wanted or is somehow inappropriate. I tend to assume most people would be happier if I wasn't here. Or at least wouldn't notice if I wasn't.

But like in the real world I try very hard to engage with people and respond to their posts in thoughtful and detailed ways. It seems that more often than not, people don't respond to me at all. Occasionally they do, for which I'm grateful, but even then I often I feel like I've been misunderstood.

I'm sure all this says more about my own self-esteem than anything else. No one has been outwardly hostile or anything.

Please feel comfortable , when you post here , i think that all Aspies input here is appreciated .
Yours too ! Often have seen people not directly responding to others here . And alot of people here have needs to vent i think sometimes . Me too. ......hope you can feel at ease here or try too.

where ever you go ,there you are

Aprilviolets
Veteran
Veteran

12 Oct 2021, 11:07 pm

funeralxempire wrote:
kraftiekortie wrote:

I looked at his avatar and I thought it was a seal. 8O

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

12 Oct 2021, 11:29 pm

Aprilviolets wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
kraftiekortie wrote:

I looked at his avatar and I thought it was a seal. 8O

I think it's Chicken Boo from Animaniacs. :nerdy:

戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

DuckHairback
Veteran
Veteran

13 Oct 2021, 4:14 am

It is Chicken Boo from Animaniacs.

Chicken Boo was a giant chicken who wears disguises to pass as a human. He always gets found out and wanders off into the sunset alone as a song plays "You wear a disguise to look like human guys, but you're not a man you're a chicken boo."

It seemed...appropriate.

And no, Kraftie, I don't have the 50s greaser quiff. I wish I did. My hair started falling out when I was 16.

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

13 Oct 2021, 5:00 am

I have refrained from answering because it is a never ending question to answer with so many ways and variables to reply to that it would keep getting longer and longer and longer as it ever changes from one emotional response to another and I will never be able to finish what I write.
So how can I answer when I do not know which aspect to pick? If I shortened it to a single word "Good" it would miss out bad, horrible, excellent, brilliant, sympathetic, and all the other describing words to cover all the differe t emotions out there in response to all the different posts I have replied to or not replied to because it was not wize to reply (E.G. to a certain members "Trap threads") and I will not know what reply to put... Or more likely I would go on an ever ending and confusing list of many different descriptions each true but vrom a different perspective as each post is different and each response to the post will add a new angle to it and it would take me forever to reply to the question...

Help! How do I answer such a question with soo many responses and feelings that come whwn I give my reply???

Maybe I should say "Good".... But... (Then I will continue to add and add and add!)

So it is generally good I think. Sometimss exciting or excellent. Sometimes bad or horrible and a mix of emotions inbetween... (I am repeating myself now).

Uhmmm.

Ok. The site is generally ok to use from the usability of the site, but it does need some upgrading of the sections people post in and the rules to make things clearer as one can get into trouble for things for just being who I am so I have to avoid posting in many sections incase I get into trouble, and it is not always easy for me as sometimes I refresh and reply to later find out rhe reply was in oneof these sections i am not supposed to reply to, so then I have to try to delete my reply which if another reply goes after it I can no longer delete it... So I go in a panic to wonder what to do so I don't end up in trouble.
So the rules do need to be massively simplified and clarified, to prevent me and others making mistakes. Simplified as I am not one who is good at complex words (Despite my inteligence) so I tend to ignore words I do not normally use and oddly, descriptions of a word I don't know if I look it up confuse me even more because they add even more words I don't know what they mean. My Mum thinks in words so the multiple meanings of words works well for her. I think in pictures when I go into deep thought so when things need to be thought deeply about I lose the word meanings if that makes sense? If I think on a day to day shallow level of thought I can do words... So my vocabluary is simple but blinkered. And yet I am of above average intelligence which confuses me and others! Haha!
So I am always looking to simplify rules so I can fully grasp and understand them. Yet wierdly I will read everything before joining.
When MSN turned to Skype, I did not re-join because it took me over a month to try to read all their terms and conditions and I did not understand a lot of it so I could not agree to it. My brother had put MSN up for me before that he said it was all ok and just pressed the ok button to make me an account. I could never do that!

Railway rules were good. They were written and re-written and made simple so to avoid too many complicated words so that no matter who was reading it, as long as one has reasonable intelligence it was plain and simple to understand. The railway was excellent in doing this, though if one did not know much about railways before joining, some things did need explaining. I was already ahead there as I have loved trains since I was a toddler, so I already knew most of the terms...
This site does need some rule re-writing but I don't pretend to be the one to do this because I am one who writes and writes and writes and goes off at all sorts of angles without giving a plain and simple answer. (Can't you tell? :D ).

Oh I better stop typing as I don't know how to end this post on this thread with a logical answer.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

13 Oct 2021, 8:00 am

smudge wrote:
The rules were clarified in a very militant way. It was basically saying anyone could be racist if they were accused of it. Like League Girl said.

A lot of irrational nonsense was happening here at one time.
If a person is going to call someone a racist, they need to have a logical argument rather than being a putz.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

13 Oct 2021, 8:32 am

Pepe wrote:
smudge wrote:
The rules were clarified in a very militant way. It was basically saying anyone could be racist if they were accused of it. Like League Girl said.

A lot of irrational nonsense was happening here at one time.
If a person is going to call someone a racist, they need to have a logical argument rather than being a putz.

What counts as a logical argument isn't up to the discretion of the the accused though because that just leads to the accused tying themselves up in knots insisting a reasonable explanation wasn't.

戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

13 Oct 2021, 10:04 am

From my experience, it really depends upon the day.

And maybe my mood....and maybe what affected me in "real life."

ToughDiamond
Veteran
Veteran

13 Oct 2021, 3:52 pm

Mountain Goat wrote:
I have refrained from answering because it is a never ending question to answer with so many ways and variables to reply to that it would keep getting longer and longer and longer as it ever changes from one emotional response to another and I will never be able to finish what I write.

That summarises the story of my life quite well. It's hard to decide what to leave out from the plethora of information. Best tip I've found is to try not to worry too much about omitting something "important." Can always post again later. Sometimes time constraints force me to hit the Send button before I feel like I'm halfway done, and that often feels like a terrible thing to do, but when I look back at it later I don't know why I was so concerned. It's just hard to let go, but trying to hold onto everything is even harder. And if most people scroll past long posts as often as I do, it's probably better to keep it reasonably brief.