Page 2 of 2 [ 18 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

autisticelders
Veteran
Veteran

12 Oct 2021, 4:48 am

yes, I tried dressing for others when I worked in an office, over time I began to dress for myself. I discarded dresses and high heels, wearing stockiings and the like. Too uncomfortable!
I have wardrobe based on black, red, and white. I rely on black mock neck shirts and long tailed shirts with a band type neckline. I wear pull on jeans, have black and white socks and underthings. So much easier to dress when it all "goes together" and I don't have to worry about clashing colors, patterns, matching, and above all, its comfortable!

"Curiosity is one of the permanent and certain characteristics of a vigorous intellect.” Samuel Johnson

rse92
Veteran
Veteran

14 Oct 2021, 3:48 pm

I can count on one hand the number of times in my life I have gone shopping and bought clothes for myself other than suits. I'm not talking about just shirts, pants and sweaters. I mean undershirts, briefs and socks too. The running gag in my family is that i get new clothes once a year, at Christmas, when my wife and daughters buy them for me. Even then I hardly ever wear some of my pants and shirts and pretty much have a 5 day work week rotation.