Page 2 of 2 [ 22 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

firemonkey
Veteran
Veteran

11 Oct 2021, 10:15 am

QuantumChemist wrote:
DuckHairback wrote:
If someone were to use their high IQ to produce something, like a book or a mathematical or scientific reasoning - something that required an investment of significant effort as well as the possession of a natural 'gift' - then maybe the creeping self-doubt would be easier to shake off?

I quite agree. It would be proof that the high IQ score was not a fluke. That process could involve inventing something that changes the world, even if in just a small way. Do not expect it to automatically happen though, as it requires effort to unlock the potential that may exist there.

A very high IQ really only means that you possibly have more tools to use in your mental toolbox. The mental tools need to be used on occasion to keep them from becoming rusty with the passage of time. How you use those tools is up to you. That is why some of the highest scoring IQs tend to do jobs that many do not expect them to be doing.

Something to consider if you want to keep your mental tools sharp:

https://enhancingbrain.com/careers-that ... ighest-iq/

A test created by an educational consultant and psychometrician.First attempt 148-153. Second 154-159. Sometimes, but not always, a second attempt is allowed with high range tests.

First attempt
Probability of getting 32 or more correct out of 40 by chance with 4 choices per item:
Less than 0.0001%
Number of items in the test: 40
Number of choices per item: 4
Number of correct responses: 32

Last edited by firemonkey on 11 Oct 2021, 10:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

11 Oct 2021, 10:18 am

Nope....I can never hope to achieve that!

You have a good brain. Don't ruin it by lamenting about the past.

Nades
Veteran
Veteran

11 Oct 2021, 10:23 am

firemonkey wrote:
Double Retired wrote:
Well, if high enough and in a form they find accepatable, I hope you consider joining Mensa. You should fit right in. And...despite what so many people think...it's not an organization to talk about how high your IQ is (that would be boring since all members have one).

Unfortunately they wouldn't be acceptable, as they come from non proctored high range IQ tests. The conservative, knee-jerk, reaction to such tests is that they lack validity. However several professors etc have their scores listed on the World genius directory, either from proctored or high range tests. Scores are ranked by highest score obtained, which is quite ridiculous when my score is higher than these people. All of whom are much more intelligent than me.

Dr Eick Sternhagen Fields of education: Economy, Latin, ev. theology, Doctorate in Latin of late Middle Ages, Westfälische Wilhelms-Universität Münster – WWU, University of Münster, Germany.

Dr Manahel Thabet The youngest – and only – Arab with a PhD in Financial Engineering, she writes research papers on quantum mathematics. Her work to revolutionize our understanding of math and physics is poised to earn her a second PhD, at the age of 32.

Dr Donato Stolfa Nutritionist Biologist Specialized in Human Nutrition

Dr Jeremy Saget Weightless Flight Surgeon
ZeroG Instructor
United Nations rotary wing Aeromedical Evacuations Flight Surgeon

Dr Bishoy Goubran Bishoy Goubran, MD. Is a clinical researcher in the field of Behavioral and Cardiovascular medicine. Bishoy’s research line is in psychosomatic medicine

Dr Daniel Piersee Doctor of Pharmacy in Pharmacy @ University of Iowa

Dr Jawdat Wehbe Cardiologist - electrophysiologist · Heart and vessels

It's just that my peak score is higher than their peak scores, but taken overall I'm nowhere near their level. NB Potential vs consistency

You mean the tests are online ones without supervision?

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

11 Oct 2021, 10:41 am

I seem to recall that you've done well on the "conventional" tests, too----like the Wechsler's.

Nades
Veteran
Veteran

11 Oct 2021, 10:47 am

kraftiekortie wrote:
I seem to recall that you've done well on the "conventional" tests, too----like the Wechsler's.

Wechsler's are a good test. The problem with online only or ones taken individually is that the quality of those tests can be highly dubious at times and doing a test alone can mess with the results. Typically an IQ test needs to be done via a psychiatrist or psychologist.

It might be worth Firemonkey getting one of those done privately for more up to date results that covers everything.

firemonkey
Veteran
Veteran

11 Oct 2021, 11:30 am

Nades wrote:
kraftiekortie wrote:

Wechsler's are a good test. The problem with online only or ones taken individually is that the quality of those tests can be highly dubious at times and doing a test alone can mess with the results. Typically an IQ test needs to be done via a psychiatrist or psychologist.

It might be worth Firemonkey getting one of those done privately for more up to date results that covers everything.

There are indeed the highly dodgy online tests, but the ones I refer to are high range tests created by people who have scored very well on proctored tests. This is the highest scorer on the 'World genius directory' https://www.katsioulis.com/. There are strict rules re doing the tests ie give your name/proof of identity/age/previous scores etc. You usually have to pay, but that doesn't guarantee you'll get a great score. My pre teen IQ ,according to my father, was 'around the 150s' . That was later narrowed to 147.

Using 2 methods to calculate current IQ I get 148 & 147. Coincidence? It's not a 0% possibility but it's extremely unlikely.