Page 4 of 4 [ 62 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

03 Nov 2021, 11:34 pm

^^^i wish my health would let me get away with eating as many of those burgers as possible.

xxZeromancerlovexx
Veteran
Veteran

03 Nov 2021, 11:53 pm

DuckHairback wrote:
It's going to depend on the burger, surely?

I mean if it's 100% grass-fed ground beef from a cut with a good muscle-fat ratio then yes, no reason why a burger can't be considered a healthy food.

It's when people start using junk meat, padding it out with low quality grains, adding sugars and salt to cover up the lack of flavour, and then adding nitrates and other preservatives. Then it's a Frankenburger and no, not healthy at all.

Most fast-food places have no interest in supplying their customers with quality food.

I agree with this. McDonalds is disgusting and not “real food” in my opinion.

-Down, The Birthday Massacre

Eurythmic
Veteran
Veteran

05 Nov 2021, 7:02 pm

I can think of nothing worse than "food" from McDonalds.
Overprocessed garbage.

I like a good steak or chicken thigh done for a few mins on each side on the grill.
Rub it down with herbs before cooking.
Toss it into a fresh bun with lots of lettuce tomato onion and beetroot.
Serve with a home made salad with balsamic vinegar on the side.

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

05 Nov 2021, 7:27 pm

Eurythmic wrote:
Needless to say I make my own cafe style burgers at home and find it quite filling and they're probably reasonably nutritious.

Oh, I forgot to mention, I also hate frying up burgers (in a pan on the stove) because the grease just splatters all over the place.

Maybe I'm just doing it wrong?

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

05 Nov 2021, 7:41 pm

^^^mebbe try ground round and a splatter shield?

Eurythmic
Veteran
Veteran

06 Nov 2021, 4:19 am

SabbraCadabra wrote:
Eurythmic wrote:
Needless to say I make my own cafe style burgers at home and find it quite filling and they're probably reasonably nutritious.

Oh, I forgot to mention, I also hate frying up burgers (in a pan on the stove) because the grease just splatters all over the place.

Maybe I'm just doing it wrong?

If you need to put some olive oil on each side with a pastry brush - also helps the herbs to stick easier, then throw it on the grill. No oil splatter like when frying.

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

06 Nov 2021, 7:16 pm

Eurythmic wrote:
If you need to put some olive oil on each side with a pastry brush - also helps the herbs to stick easier, then throw it on the grill. No oil splatter like when frying.

Yeah, it's a lot easier on the grill, but there are only so many months in a year where outdoor grilling is feasible =)

Eurythmic
Veteran
Veteran

06 Nov 2021, 7:26 pm

SabbraCadabra wrote:
Yeah, it's a lot easier on the grill, but there are only so many months in a year where outdoor grilling is feasible =)

Use something like this for indoor grilling, a lot of fat falls down into the slots and drains into the tray at the front.
Low and slow is my tip for grilling meat, keeps it tender.

https://www.thegoodguys.com.au/george-f ... ge-gff2022

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

07 Nov 2021, 7:14 pm

Eurythmic wrote:
Use something like this for indoor grilling, a lot of fat falls down into the slots and drains into the tray at the front.

I've had burgers from a Foreman grill before. It's way easier, but not as crispy or tasty.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

07 Nov 2021, 7:28 pm

SabbraCadabra wrote:
Eurythmic wrote:

I've had burgers from a Foreman grill before. It's way easier, but not as crispy or tasty.

you'd likely get better results from the foreman grill if you turn the burgers 90 degrees clockwise or counterclockwise half-way through.

smartHulk
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

17 Nov 2021, 6:54 am

Eurythmic wrote:
I eat burgers all of the time!

My local store has an in house bakery where the bread is made fresh daily.
They also sell outstanding beef chicken pork and smokey bacon.
Locally grown lettuce, also nice fresh tomatoes cucumber onions and when it's in season avocado.

Probably costs about $2 per burger and there's no over processed garbage in it.

Processed or not, combination of bread and fat is still atherogenic and gives you metabolic syndrome.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

17 Nov 2021, 7:19 am

if you're gonna eat butter, don't eat bread. just don't eat bread anyways.

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

17 Nov 2021, 9:42 pm

I've gotten so used to eating burgers/sausages/hot dogs/etc. without bread, it's really weird to go back to that.
On the rare occasion that a restaurant offers me gluten-free buns, I say "No thank you."

DeepHour
Veteran
Veteran

17 Nov 2021, 9:50 pm

I went into a McDonald's in Central Manchester a couple of days ago, and the price of a McChicken Sandwich meal had gone up over 10% from a week earlier. Healthy Eating propaganda would never have persuaded me to reduce my junk food intake, but inflation might....