Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

Crystal1414
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

10 Oct 2021, 7:36 pm

I haven't taken my meds for a while. Fudge. Now I'm scared to.

I should be empty by now but I have around ten left of abilify. I have only taken one paxil and that was on wednesday. Its sunday now. I'm gonna get a lecture. I have been alone at my grandparents house since thursday. They are coming back tomorrow. I want to flush some of the meds down the toilet.

I haven't been feeling right for a while and I didnt know why.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2021, 7:41 pm

You can just resume taking them though, right?

Like, at some point you're going to be taking them again consistently so you should be able to resume, deal with a bit of disruption as the level returns to normal and then just stay consistent?

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

Crystal1414
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

10 Oct 2021, 7:46 pm

funeralxempire wrote:
You can just resume taking them though, right?

Like, at some point you're going to be taking them again consistently so you should be able to resume, deal with a bit of disruption as the level returns to normal and then just stay consistent?

Yes, I can continue taking them.

I will be taking them consistently at some point. Its gonna take a while I think before it works again. I'm bad at taking them consistently for some reason.

Blue_Star
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

10 Oct 2021, 7:55 pm

You've mentioned wanting more independence, but flushing the pills won't really help that. It'd be better to let them know, "hey, I screwed up. I started feeling worse & realized I haven't been taking my pills right. Once I realized, I started again. Then I sat down & thought of ways to hopefully avoid doing this in the future."

Then suggest that you need a 30 day pill organizer. They make them with numbers that line up with the date of the month or just plain 30 day ones. Put your daily pills in each slot. Then, if you miss a day, you'll know. Also, make taking your pills a part of your routine. If you're always waking around the same time, put some water & the pillbox nearby in order to take them as soon as you wake. Or when you go to bed.

I missed my pills today myself due to having bad allergies atm & sleeping thru the day. I tend to miss about once a week, sometimes twice, sometimes none. My docs don't worry because we've discussed it. I've also had a week where I've missed due to being sick. I just start back up once I realize I messed up. It's not the best to go off things cold turkey, but at this point I can at least read how my body lets me know "I forgot" when it starts.

Crystal1414
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

11 Oct 2021, 9:38 pm

Blue_Star wrote:
You've mentioned wanting more independence, but flushing the pills won't really help that. It'd be better to let them know, "hey, I screwed up. I started feeling worse & realized I haven't been taking my pills right. Once I realized, I started again. Then I sat down & thought of ways to hopefully avoid doing this in the future."

Then suggest that you need a 30 day pill organizer. They make them with numbers that line up with the date of the month or just plain 30 day ones. Put your daily pills in each slot. Then, if you miss a day, you'll know. Also, make taking your pills a part of your routine. If you're always waking around the same time, put some water & the pillbox nearby in order to take them as soon as you wake. Or when you go to bed.

I missed my pills today myself due to having bad allergies atm & sleeping thru the day. I tend to miss about once a week, sometimes twice, sometimes none. My docs don't worry because we've discussed it. I've also had a week where I've missed due to being sick. I just start back up once I realize I messed up. It's not the best to go off things cold turkey, but at this point I can at least read how my body lets me know "I forgot" when it starts.

Yeah. I admitted it to them. They were definitely disappointed.

The pill organizer sounds like a good idea honestly.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

11 Oct 2021, 9:40 pm

Crystal1414 wrote:
Blue_Star wrote:

Yeah. I admitted it to them. They were definitely disappointed.

The pill organizer sounds like a good idea honestly.

I've relied on one before. It's a lot easier to remember as long as you know what day it is.

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う