Mysterious jump in excess mortality among younger cohorts

Page 10 of 15 [ 239 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 15  Next

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

26 Oct 2022, 9:30 am

Heart risks, data gaps fuel debate over COVID-19 boosters for young people

Quote:
Florida Surgeon General Joseph Ladapo ignited a furor this month when, based on a state analysis purporting to show COVID-19 vaccines were linked to cardiac deaths in young men, he advised men ages 18 to 39 to steer clear of the shots. Scientists slammed his warning and decried the eight-page analysis, which was anonymous and not peer reviewed, for its lack of transparency and flawed statistics.

Still, COVID-19 vaccines do have a rare but worrisome cardiac side effect. Myocarditis, an inflammation of the heart muscle that can cause chest pain and shortness of breath, has disproportionately struck older boys and young men who received the shots. Only one out of several thousand in those age groups is affected, and most quickly feel better. A tiny number of deaths have been tentatively linked to vaccine myocarditis around the world. But several new studies suggest the heart muscle can take months to heal, and some scientists worry about what this means for patients long term. The U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has ordered vaccinemakers Pfizer and Moderna to conduct a raft of studies to assess these risks.

As they parse emerging data and fret over knowledge gaps, scientists and doctors are divided over whether such concerns should influence vaccine recommendations, especially now that a new COVID-19 wave is looming and revamped boosters are hitting the scene. Nearly all urge vaccinating young people with the first two vaccine doses, but the case for boosters is more complicated. A key problem is that their benefits are unknown for the age group at highest risk of myocarditis, who are at lower risk of severe COVID-19 and other complications than older adults.

I’m a vaccine advocate, I would still vaccinate children,” says Jane Newburger, a pediatric cardiologist at Boston Children’s Hospital who has cared for and studied postvaccine myocarditis patients. But Michael Portman, a pediatric cardiologist at Seattle Children’s Hospital who’s also studying patients, says he would hesitate to recommend boosters to healthy teens. “I don’t want to cause panic,” Portman says—but he craves more clarity on the risk-benefit ratio.

Earlier this month, a team from Kaiser Permanente Northern California and the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) reported the risk of myocarditis or pericarditis—inflammation of the tissue surrounding the heart—was about one in 6700 in 12- to 15-year-old boys following the second vaccine dose, and about one in 16,000 following the first booster. In 16- and 17-year-olds, it was about one in 8000 after the second dose and one in 6000 after the first booster. Men ages 18 to 30 have a somewhat elevated risk as well.

Many scientists suspect vaccine-driven myocarditis is somehow triggered by an immune reaction following the COVID-19 shot. A study from Germany published last month in The New England Journal of Medicine§ suggested it may be driven by an inflammatory response associated with SARS-CoV-2’s spike protein, which the messenger RNA (mRNA) vaccines coax the body to produce. The group reported finding certain antibodies in both vaccine-induced myocarditis patients and patients with severe COVID-19, which itself can cause myocarditis. The same antibodies, which interfere with normal inflammation control, also turned up in children who developed a rare, dangerous condition called multisystem inflammatory syndrome (MIS-C) after a bout of COVID-19. “I think it’s really another mechanism,” says Karin Klingel, a cardiac pathologist at the University of Tübingen who helped lead the work. But whether the antibodies are directly causing myocarditis remains unclear.

Most postvaccine myocarditis patients are briefly hospitalized and their symptoms quickly abate. Newburger’s hospital has tracked 22 patients who developed the condition, and she is largely reassured by their healing. Portman agrees: “Many of these kids are asymptomatic after they leave the hospital.”

But what he sees in the youngsters during follow-up appointments nags at him: Although their heart rhythm is normal and they usually feel fine, MRI scans of their heart often show something called late gadolinium enhancement (LGE), which signifies injury to the muscle. In June, Portman and his colleagues reported in The Journal of Pediatrics that 11 of 16 patients had LGE about 4 months after their bout of myocarditis, although the area affected in the heart had shrunk since they were hospitalized. This month, a CDC team reported that among 151 patients who had follow-up cardiac MRIs after 3 months, 54% had abnormalities, mostly LGE or inflammation.

FDA is requiring six myocarditis studies each from Pfizer and Moderna, the makers of the two mRNA vaccines. Newburger, who’s also keen for longer term data, co-leads one of them in conjunction with the Pediatric Heart Network; the study, which Portman is involved in as well, aims to start recruiting up to 500 patients later this fall. The various studies will assess not only full-blown myocarditis, but also a shadow version called subclinical myocarditis, in which individuals remain symptom-free.

Subclinical myocarditis may be more common than thought. Christian Müller, director of the Cardiovascular Research Institute at University Hospital Basel, recently collected blood samples from almost 800 hospital workers 3 days after they got a COVID-19 booster. None met the criteria for myocarditis but 40 had high levels of troponin, a molecule that can indicate damage to the heart muscle. Chronic heart problems and other preexisting conditions might be to blame in 18 cases, but for the other 22 cases—2.8% of participants, women and men—Müller believes the vaccine caused troponin levels to rise. The findings, which he presented at a meeting in August, align with those of a recently published study from Thailand.

The good news: In both studies, troponin levels quickly fell to normal. And a brief troponin spike without symptoms doesn’t concern Müller: “If we’re healthy and we lose 1000, 2000 [heart muscle cells], that is irrelevant,” he says. What worries him is a potential cumulative effect of annual boosters. “I’m highly concerned if we consider this a recurrent phenomenon.”

The big question is whether any risk, however minimal, to the heart is outweighed by the benefits of a booster. Young people are rarely hospitalized for COVID-19, but the virus is not risk-free for them either. Last year, a study of nearly 1600 college athletes prior to vaccination found 2.3% had either clinical or subclinical myocarditis after a bout of COVID-19. Other lasting effects of infection include MIS-C and Long Covid. Studies in adults suggest vaccination reduces the risk of Long Covid by anywhere from 15% to 80%. “Because of that, I really think vaccination is worth it,” Liu says.

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

Mikah
Veteran
Veteran

02 Nov 2022, 5:18 am

The #diedsuddenly hashtag brings faces and names to the excess death statistics.

https://twitter.com/hashtag/diedsuddenly

The_Znof
Veteran
Veteran

04 Nov 2022, 1:26 pm

Mikah wrote:
Some anonymous investigators continue their collection of data regarding athlete deaths.

https://goodsciencing.com/covid/athlete ... ovid-shot/

So far the tally is 1323 down with cardiac issues, 900 Dead since the shots were rolled out.

Compared to previous years:

The International Olympic Committee in Lausanne, Switzerland, studied documents from international data banks from 1966 to 2004. Those documents indicate 1,101 sudden deaths in athletes under 35 years of age, an average of 29 athletes per year, the sports with the highest incidence being soccer and basketball. (NIH Document)

A study by Maron on sudden death in US athletes, from 1980 to 2006 in thirty-eight sports identified 1,866 deaths of athletes with cardiac disease, with a prevalence of hypertrophic cardiomyopathy.

2005 to 2006 averaged sixty-six (66) deaths per year, with 82% of those occurring during competition or training.

the only reason I took this MRNa s**t is bike racing fantasies, or at least to get in the effin Gym! :skull:

if it ever becomes an issue of being locked out of something ill consider., but not MRNA :skull:

im not even really pissed off., too much other BS around, in particular folks blaming me for rats typhus garbage3 and filth

Persephone29
Veteran
Veteran

05 Nov 2022, 10:19 pm

Unvaxxed and staying that way... I've had COVID twice, neither time did I get any meds. Just powered through... Biggest lie sold to the American (and the world) to date. Check out the fight of RFK, Jr. on this issue and the irreversible damage done by the vaccine. He's winning in the courts.

Neurocognitive exam in May 2019, diagnosed with ASD, Asperger's type in June 2019.

Mikah
Veteran
Veteran

06 Nov 2022, 6:02 am

Persephone29 wrote:
Unvaxxed and staying that way... I've had COVID twice, neither time did I get any meds. Just powered through... Biggest lie sold to the American (and the world) to date. Check out the fight of RFK, Jr. on this issue and the irreversible damage done by the vaccine. He's winning in the courts.

Greetings fellow survivor of the first vaxx offensive.

The VSRF (Vaccine Safety Research Foundation) released a short video for their "Until Proven Otherwise" campaign.

If that youtube mirror disappears rumble link is here: https://rumble.com/v1rl1kk-until-proven ... .-ase.html

autisticelders
Veteran
Veteran

06 Nov 2022, 6:24 am

see also the huge jump in deaths due to the use of drugs, especially fentanyl, which has become over abundant on the illicit drugs market in the past couple of years.

"Curiosity is one of the permanent and certain characteristics of a vigorous intellect.” Samuel Johnson

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

08 Nov 2022, 7:21 pm

This is concerning.

https://youtu.be/bGZJfVR9-wo

Mikah
Veteran
Veteran

22 Nov 2022, 7:35 pm

The premiere of the film "Died Suddenly".

https://rumble.com/v1wac7i-world-premie ... denly.html

I'm about 15 minutes in. A warning for those who dislike medical/surgery type footage, there is a great deal of focus so far on the mysterious, unidentified fibrous "clots" that coroners and embalmers have been talking about since the vaccine rolled out. Lots of footage of said clots, clotted blood and brief, though unfocussed, shots of occupied autopsy tables etc. So, beware those who can't stand such things.

Youtube link below, but it probably won't last long with their current censorship policies.

Mikah
Veteran
Veteran

24 Nov 2022, 5:09 am

^ An alternate youtube mirror (that also won't last long I suspect):

The rumble link should always work though: https://rumble.com/v1wac7i-world-premie ... denly.html

Mikah
Veteran
Veteran

29 Nov 2022, 7:02 pm

https://www.rintrah.nl/the-died-suddenly-explosion/

A theory about what the vaccine might be doing. The theory in a sentence: it's not the vaccine directly, but vaccine and subsequent reinfection with the virus. If true we will see even more "died suddenly" as we move into the winter months and Covid spreads more freely.

If you wish to blame the vaccines, then you’re left with the struggle of explaining why there are so many cases in late 2022, beginning in July, even though hardly any vaccines are administered in July, August and September. It doesn’t look like there’s a clear correlation between doses administered and sudden deaths.

As I have argued before, I believe that whatever is going wrong with the population, is a product of an interaction between the vaccine and subsequent exposures to SARS-COV-2. A simple delayed effect from the vaccine is insufficient to explain the peak in late 2021 followed by a decline in cases of people “dying suddenly”.

If you were to ask me based on the knowledge I currently have, what I think is really happening, it’s as following: People move towards an IgG4 antibody response against SARS-COV-2, as their body’s response becomes IgG dominated after the first two vaccines. With IgA and IgM taking an abnormal backseat and IgG being forced to fight the virus on its own, inflammation becomes severe and antigen exposure becomes chronic, so that isotype class switching begins towards IgG4.

Once IgG4 emerges, it triggers a positive feedback loop whereby over time IgG4 becomes the dominant antibody response, as illustrated in the link above. It seems to me, that vast droves of people are in the process of having their immune response tipped towards an IgG4 tolerance response.

If people are then eventually reinfected, the antibody response is effectively entirely IgG4 dominated, which doesn’t trigger inflammation and so the infection becomes effectively silent, you don’t really notice common cold-like symptoms. IgG4, as an anti-inflammatory antibody that doesn’t activate complement and poorly binds to the Fcr receptor fails to bring the viral load down to zero. The virus eventually damages the cardiovascular system, resulting in a sudden unexpected death.

Mikah
Veteran
Veteran

29 Nov 2022, 7:07 pm

Background reading for above ^:

https://www.rintrah.nl/wrong-antibodies ... ars-cov-2/

Mikah
Veteran
Veteran

06 Dec 2022, 7:06 pm

Another vaccine theory, this time focussing on the "clots".

https://amidwesterndoctor.substack.com/ ... d-suddenly

Interesting study mentioned in there from late 2021. Some scientists, while investigating so-called "Long Covid", find that the spike protein on the Covid virus causes an abnormal form of clotting to occur under laboratory conditions - perhaps due to a misfolding protein. Now recall the mRNA vaccines turn your body into a spike protein factory...

At least we now potentially have an explanation for the embalmers' clots that isn't "alien parasites" or "5G nanobots".

lostproperty
Veteran
Veteran

08 Dec 2022, 7:47 am

Mikah wrote:
The premiere of the film "Died Suddenly".

https://rumble.com/v1wac7i-world-premie ... denly.html

I'm about 15 minutes in. A warning for those who dislike medical/surgery type footage, there is a great deal of focus so far on the mysterious, unidentified fibrous "clots" that coroners and embalmers have been talking about since the vaccine rolled out. Lots of footage of said clots, clotted blood and brief, though unfocussed, shots of occupied autopsy tables etc. So, beware those who can't stand such things.

Youtube link below, but it probably won't last long with their current censorship policies.

I finally got around to watching this last night. Hadn't bothered before now because I anticipated that there wouldn't be anything new to me and, having refused to take this vaccine, not somebody who needed to see it.

It was grim, I've not felt like I did at the end since I first started watching horror movies around the age of 9/10.

Time will tell if they've gone over the top with it. I'm sure there are inaccuracies as there always are with most docs on any given subject, but my hunch is that it's generally true but I've no idea to what scale. It's not looking good though. I was only able to save myself and my daughter, everybody else in my family caved in.

Mikah
Veteran
Veteran

08 Dec 2022, 8:37 am

lostproperty wrote:
Time will tell if they've gone over the top with it. I'm sure there are inaccuracies as there always are with most docs on any given subject, but my hunch is that it's generally true but I've no idea to what scale.

There certainly are inaccuracies and exaggerations and many have been pointed out already (leaping straight into the depopulation conspiracy probably turned off quite a few too), but I think it is forgivable. If the last two years has shown anything - bringing quiet caution, facts and reason to bear against governments, the media and the iron wall of fashionable opinion built by the aforementioned - is like bringing a knife to a nuke fight.

Mikah
Veteran
Veteran

08 Dec 2022, 6:36 pm

Australian actuarial body has asked the government to urgently investigate the country’s “incredibly high” 13% excess death rate in 2022.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/news/au ... r-AA150kVt

An analysis of Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS) data by the Actuaries Institute showed that an additional 15,400 people died in the first eight months of the year in the country. 

Actuaries said that number includes around one-third of those having no link to COVID-19.

13% was an "incredibly high number for mortality," and it was "not clear" what was driving the increase, said Karen Cutter, spokeswoman for the institute's Covid-19 Mortality Working Group.

"Mortality doesn't normally vary by more than 1 to 2%, so 13% is way higher than normal levels," she said.

Mikah
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2022, 7:43 am

Some German data for in-depth trawlers:

https://amidwesterndoctor.substack.com/ ... set-of-the

At the very least it can be said that the "died suddenly" explosion is not all in our heads, there really are more sudden and unexpected deaths happening lately.