are nt suddenly turn autistic when around autistic people

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

Caz72
Veteran
Veteran

11 Oct 2021, 5:00 pm

what i mean is like nts dont cover their ears much at loud noises but if a autistic person is making a loud noise when a meltdown the nt is like oowww sshhushhh you are loud and your hurting my ears!

or like everyone says autism lack theory of mind and expect other to think the same as them but arent nts like that towards autistics like if we dont want to mingle at a social event they make us and judge us if we dont... maybe nts with social anxiety or depression might relate and understand how we feel but nts without mental health cant seem to imagine how it feels that we are not all sociable like them

so its like nt are autistic towards autistics like they dont have symptoms when around each other but when it comes too dealing with autistic people nt suddenly become autistic towards us

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

11 Oct 2021, 5:04 pm

I mean.....umm....no?

HeroOfHyrule
Veteran
Veteran

11 Oct 2021, 5:09 pm

I get what you're getting at. It really does seem like they are just as oblivious when interacting with us, as we are when interacting with them. It's honestly baffling how incapable most of them are of understanding and empathizing with autistic people.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

11 Oct 2021, 6:59 pm

This is exactly what I thought all along. And it's not just Aspies that get misunderstood, it's all sorts of neurodiversity. Many allistic (not on the spectrum) people with depression or social anxiety say they feel misunderstood by society. So NTs can be misunderstanding of other NTs.

I suppose I'm "other people" from a schizophrenic person's point of view maybe, as in I'm just another "neurotypical" inside the "neurotypical bubble" clueless about how the schizophrenic mind works. And I am clueless about schizophrenia, because I don't have it nor have I ever dealt with anyone else with it before.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

11 Oct 2021, 8:47 pm

Caz72 wrote:
so its like nt are autistic towards autistics like they dont have symptoms when around each other but when it comes too dealing with autistic people nt suddenly become autistic towards us

I mean doesn't that depend on the individual NT though??