kraft foods inform consumers/distasteful topic

Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

11 Oct 2021, 5:45 pm

Kraft foods one of the biggest supplier of foods that i am aware of, inparticularly not necessarily healthy foods , With much more than its share of the global marketplace in the western world.
Has announced that Food prices will be going up . As if it wasnt already going on .
Now the question is possibly a poorly tasting one .... Is Without increases in income , As our
parents may have and grandparents in times of hardship .Had turned to consuming dog and catfood
as a staple in their diets . As bring in a position as a older single persons income & household. And Surviving with all
the usual house owning and managing costs including living costs .
Can someone reccomend for future knowledge , brand and type of edible , not too bad tasting pet foods that could be used if situations get bad .?

where ever you go ,there you are

HeroOfHyrule
Veteran
Veteran

11 Oct 2021, 5:56 pm

Some of those Cesar dog food trays we used to give our Pomeranian (she was picky) looked like actual food. Maybe those are palatable. lol

They have similar cat foods in another brand, but I can't remember the name. Both are spendy though so you'd probably be better off buying Purina. :lol:

Also, a YouTube channel I watch got sent some "monkey biscuits" once (who the hell has primates as pets?). Maybe you could survive off of these if all the dog and cat food is bought out when s**t hits the fan.
https://www.exoticnutrition.com/Product ... 668EN.aspx

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

11 Oct 2021, 6:10 pm

Here in the UK it does not help because dog and cat food is taxed higher then people food.

Question. Dog food has pictures of dogs on the label. Cat food has pictures of cats. Why is it that people food does not have pictures of people on them? Isn't it discrimination against people by the food companies not to put pictures of humans on the label?

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

11 Oct 2021, 6:23 pm

Lolololololzzzz people food .... :D

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

11 Oct 2021, 6:36 pm

here in Australia the pet food is off cuts from abbatoirs plus kangaroo and camel meat. For pets there is less screening of wet pet food for things like parasites but there are some premium brands that make dry pellets and I think these may be relatively more safe for consumption, but either way they will taste gross.

KimD
Veteran
Veteran

11 Oct 2021, 6:47 pm

Please, before you turn to something like that, consider more nutritious alternatives. There are food banks if you're really hard up, and relatively inexpensive fresh/non-processed food that's better for you than the crap that goes into pet food. Also consider how much easier it is to get all kinds of foods now--from all over the planet--compared to 100 years ago; though it's still costly, and we're certainly potentially subject to more droughts and whatnot, it just doesn't make sense to plunge straight to the bottom of the barrel. (Besides that, my grands and greats would flip their lids if they knew about today's high-end dog food--it's really NOT that affordable!!)

This is just one of the first pages I found; it takes actual nutrition into consideration. Unless you're living in a box and wearing paper bags on your feet (heaven forbid), please think on it:

https://www.healthline.com/nutrition/29 ... ITLE_HDR_7

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

11 Oct 2021, 7:27 pm

thank you ... very much for your input .