Page 1 of 1 [ 14 posts ] 

Aspieangeldude
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

12 Oct 2021, 8:56 am

What would you think? Does he work with us in our own way or as he would anyone else? Does the Holy Spirit teach us in our own specific way? This is a topic that shouldn’t hit too close to homes.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

12 Oct 2021, 8:58 am

Read 1st Corinthians 12:7-11.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

12 Oct 2021, 9:39 am

I'm pretty sure they don't actually work. How does Luke Skywalker work for us autistic people?

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

Aspieangeldude
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

13 Oct 2021, 5:04 pm

Thank you so much for giving me that Bible verse, it helped so much

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

13 Oct 2021, 5:08 pm

funeralxempire wrote:
I'm pretty sure they don't actually work. How does Luke Skywalker work for us autistic people?

I didn't know you were a Christian. :)

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

13 Oct 2021, 5:10 pm

Aspieangeldude wrote:
What would you think? Does he work with us in our own way or as he would anyone else? Does the Holy Spirit teach us in our own specific way? This is a topic that shouldn’t hit too close to homes.

Yes. The Holy Spirit reaches us all where we are at. God made us so He knows how we think. God knows our very thoughts.... Even that one you just thought! Haha! :D

And God still really LOVES us!

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

13 Oct 2021, 5:33 pm

Mountain Goat wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:

I didn't know Christians had a monopoly on the concept. :nerdy:

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

13 Oct 2021, 5:40 pm

The holy spirit(s) enter my body on Friday and Saturday nights.

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

13 Oct 2021, 5:43 pm

cyberdad wrote:
The holy spirit(s) enter my body on Friday and Saturday nights.

Haha.

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

13 Oct 2021, 6:01 pm

funeralxempire wrote:
Mountain Goat wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:

Sorry. I am trying to work out the connection with Luke Skywalker and trying to work out what would not actually work... Just confused and am attempting to make sense of what you said in relation to what the origional poster said. No worries. :D
I am just confused because I assumed you were an atheist and you might not be?

Do not worry. I am just looking for logic. :D

Crystal1414
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

13 Oct 2021, 6:56 pm

He worked great for me when I had a psychotic episode.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

13 Oct 2021, 7:09 pm

Mountain Goat wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
Mountain Goat wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:

Sorry. I am trying to work out the connection with Luke Skywalker and trying to work out what would not actually work... Just confused and am attempting to make sense of what you said in relation to what the origional poster said. No worries. :D

Something that's fictional can only work for people in a fictional manner. Luke Skywalker can be your archetype for a hero, but don't expect him to literally save your ass. Whatever the divine can do for an autistic person is tied to their understanding of what their notion of God/gods/etc is, and is only capable of having an influence where their concept of the divine exists (which is to say not out in the literal world).

戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

13 Oct 2021, 7:12 pm

funeralxempire wrote:
Mountain Goat wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
Mountain Goat wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:

Something that's fictional can only work for people in a fictional manner. Luke Skywalker can be your archetype for a hero, but don't expect him to literally save your ass. Whatever the divine can do for an autistic person is tied to their understanding of what their notion of God/gods/etc is, and is only capable of having an influence where their concept of the divine exists (which is to say not out in the literal world).

Have you never had a divine experience in a physical way? Maybe it is a good idea for a new thread so we don't distract from this thread too much.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

13 Oct 2021, 7:15 pm

Mountain Goat wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
Mountain Goat wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
Mountain Goat wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:

Have you never had a divine experience in a physical way?

Honestly no and I've certainly been in the presence of other people having them so I don't disbelieve that people experience them as though they are real, I just dispute the actual cause.

戦争ではなく戦争と戦う