Veteran

12 Oct 2021, 11:56 am

What do you do if you can't find love?

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

12 Oct 2021, 11:58 am

Live without it.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

12 Oct 2021, 6:20 pm

Try to develop a strong sense of patience.

Muse933277
Veteran
Veteran

13 Oct 2021, 4:42 pm

Go on "the hub" and find an "actress" that you really like and browse her channel, and pretend that she's your girlfriend and that you're her boyfriend/husband in the video.

VJ Crazy
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

15 Oct 2021, 12:43 am

I do something that's exactly that. I'm a advid fan of Victoria Justice!

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2021, 1:52 am

Get a puppy :D

Minervx_2
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

15 Oct 2021, 3:15 pm

TB_TB_TB_TB_TB_TB wrote:

You change something. Change your daily routine in a way that's conducive to meeting more people. Meet new friends at school or work; and meet their friends; get integrated into that social circle.

Find social events or hobby groups you can near your area.

If you have an online dating profile, and that's not working, then you need to change up your photos. Retake them and get advice from people who know about photography.

Mikurotoro92
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jan 2023, 4:17 am

Fantasize about falling in love with and marrying fictional characters which in retrospect might actually be better than being in a real human relationship because like my neighbor Anita told me you get to create the fantasy and control its outcome

Of course there are downsides to it too like you don't get to wear a beautiful wedding dress or have real sex or have real children but you can go as crazy as you want with your fantasy!

If you want to pretend you're in the Mushroom Kingdom and Mario is saving you from Bowser you can

If you want to pretend you're in Bikini Bottom with SpongeBob SquarePants in Jellyfish Fields you can

I want a real human romantic relationship but I have the feeling once that finally happens I will be wishing to be single again and regain my autonomy...

SportsGamer35728
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

02 Jan 2023, 10:45 am

Mikurotoro92 wrote:
Fantasize about falling in love with and marrying fictional characters which in retrospect might actually be better than being in a real human relationship because like my neighbor Anita told me you get to create the fantasy and control its outcome

Of course there are downsides to it too like you don't get to wear a beautiful wedding dress or have real sex or have real children but you can go as crazy as you want with your fantasy!

If you want to pretend you're in the Mushroom Kingdom and Mario is saving you from Bowser you can

If you want to pretend you're in Bikini Bottom with SpongeBob SquarePants in Jellyfish Fields you can

I want a real human romantic relationship but I have the feeling once that finally happens I will be wishing to be single again and regain my autonomy...

Good thing I recently installed The Sims on my PS5 now that the base game is free. Although I'll still put myself out there in real life, I'll also virtually satisfy my numerous celebrity crushes on this in a safe environment 8)

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jan 2023, 2:09 pm

You give up.

Muse933277
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jan 2023, 8:55 pm

TB_TB_TB_TB_TB_TB wrote:

You accept that life isn't always fair and that there's certain things in life that you have going for you, and certain things in life that you DONT have going for you. And sometimes the things in life that you DONT have going for you are factors completely outside of your control and all you can do is move on.

I'm never going to date a supermodel. I'm never going to be the next Michael Jordan, and I certainly would never make it as a professional sumo wrestler. BUT you can find things that make you happy.

Alterity
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jan 2023, 12:40 am

You learn to be enough for yourself. Looking for love with there people is flawed from the get go; people are unreliable and feelings are fleeting.

...also get yourself a pet.

Mikurotoro92
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jan 2023, 6:21 am

Yeah get a pet like how SpongeBob has Gary

That makes me question why he has Gary in the first place and I wish the show would explore that and why he can't find love but Nickelodeon wouldn't do something THAT insightful with a 2-decade old cartoon!

But really the reason he has Gary in the first place is to fill the void of a romantic relationship

Lol I tend to over-analyze kids' shows...

Even if I don't ever get married I at least want to try on wedding dresses so I can get the feel of being married without actually getting married

MissMary227
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

03 Jan 2023, 6:27 am

Mikurotoro92 wrote:
Yeah get a pet like how SpongeBob has Gary

That makes me question why he has Gary in the first place and I wish the show would explore that and why he can't find love but Nickelodeon wouldn't do something THAT insightful with a 2-decade old cartoon!

But really the reason he has Gary in the first place is to fill the void of a romantic relationship

Lol I tend to over-analyze kids' shows...

Even if I don't ever get married I at least want to try on wedding dresses so I can get the feel of being married without actually getting married

As I recall....my wedding dress never fit right, was too constraining for my body, and is now suffocated in plastic in a box. I never realized that would be a metaphor for my marriage... 8O

Mikurotoro92
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jan 2023, 7:06 am

Marriage does scare me but I would LOVE to have the experience of wearing an off-the-shoulder or strapless wedding dress which is why if I find them at any thrift shops I am trying them on so I can feel like a princess

It would have to be at a thrift shop or formal clothing store because I can't go to a bridal salon just to try on wedding dresses without actually getting married!

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

03 Jan 2023, 8:39 pm

I considered other ways to achieve companionship & love could potentially develop after. I woulda pursued the mail-order bride route or taken in a woman who needed a place to stay if I had the money & resources or my own place. If love would not of developed, I figure companionship & no love would be better than no companionship & no love :shrug:

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition