Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

12 Oct 2021, 7:49 pm

Quote:
Workers for the Kellogg Company cereal factories are on strike, with over 1,400 workers at four mills at separate U.S. locations stopping work after a year's worth of negotiations regarding salaries and benefits broke down. A video shows some of the workers detailing the employment conditions that they're dealing with, and they describe long hours made less manageable by the fact that you don't always know if you're staying for a second shift, a complete lack of sick days (during a pandemic), and one worker says that Kellogg wanted to offer them LOWER wages.

If anyone's interested the full video is here:

https://perfectunion.us/kelloggs-workers-go-on-strike/

"If you stick a knife in my back 9 inches and pull it out 6 inches, there's no progress. If you pull it all the way out, that's not progress. The progress is healing the wound that the blow made... and they won't even admit the knife is there." Malcolm X
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

TheRobotLives
Veteran
Veteran

13 Oct 2021, 9:31 am

I was wondering why they don't move everything to Mexico.

Checking the news ...

"The company continues to threaten to send additional jobs to Mexico if workers do not accept outrageous proposals that take away protections that workers have had for decades," said Anthony Shelton, president of the Bakery, Confectionary, Tobacco Workers and Grain Millers International Union.
https://www.npr.org/2021/10/05/10435112 ... -to-strike

Be the hero of your life.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

13 Oct 2021, 9:53 am

Mexican workers should ask for a similar deal as the Americans are after. Solidarity works.

"If you stick a knife in my back 9 inches and pull it out 6 inches, there's no progress. If you pull it all the way out, that's not progress. The progress is healing the wound that the blow made... and they won't even admit the knife is there." Malcolm X
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

13 Oct 2021, 10:02 am

Reese will be there, with her spoon.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

13 Oct 2021, 10:58 am

TheRobotLives wrote:
I was wondering why they don't move everything to Mexico.

Checking the news ...

"The company continues to threaten to send additional jobs to Mexico if workers do not accept outrageous proposals that take away protections that workers have had for decades," said Anthony Shelton, president of the Bakery, Confectionary, Tobacco Workers and Grain Millers International Union.
https://www.npr.org/2021/10/05/10435112 ... -to-strike

Perhaps it's not as realistic of threat as they'd like to pretend it is. :chin:

Honda used to do that all the time, including immediately after opening a brand new production facility. They assume their employees are stupid and don't notice that sorta stuff.

戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

13 Oct 2021, 11:26 am

Well snap crackle pop.