Pepe wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
I thought being a comic book nerd was a prerequisite for being an Aspie. :wink:

Thank god I'm not an Aspie, I'm autistic. :nerdy:

Aspies are autistic, though.

If all togs are ogs it doesn't mean all ogs are togs, right?

I don't wanna be an obligatory comic book nerd, comics don't interest me in the slightest.

I was under the impression that aspies and auties were both on the autistic spectrum.

Of course they are. Aspies are high functioning autistics.

Don't tell me.
Tell that other guy. :mrgreen:

I recall already having done just that.

QuantumChemist
Veteran
Veteran

25 Oct 2021, 8:29 pm

This topic is raring for a song parody. The one I was thinking about involves Genesis’s “Land of Confusion” becoming “Comic Confusion”. See if you can figure out the lyrical changes that I came up with for it.

EdCase
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

25 Oct 2021, 11:22 pm

RoadRatt wrote:
After plenty of thinking on this subject. I have no problem with this at all. I would have had a problem if it had actually been Superman that came out bisexual though. That role is clearly suppose to be a masculine role. To change that would literally change the very nature of the character itself. And that I would never be able to follow.

Not sure that sexuality equates to masculine/feminine or other types of gender labels. If he was bisexual, or gay, does that mean he couldn't be 'masculine'? I don't think so.

My view is that who people want to sleep with (not talking about extremeness here) or don't, is normally a non-issue in most daily scenarios. I doubt I'd be worrying about who Superman was sleeping with if he was saving me or the planet. Would he not decide to save a mother and baby from being hit by an out of control car, because he preferred guys? Doubt it.

So does it change his character? Where it does become relevant, in films at least, is that love interests and romance are used for motivation and because audiences seem to like them (they sell tickets), they cast attractive people etc. Then is the issue one of relatability? Would I feel less emotion if his boyfriend was in danger, as opposed to the actress I find the most attractive? Maybe? I'd be able to connect to the situation on a human level though hopefully.

I don't know, I just think that sexuality isn't someone's defining trait and we pay far too much attention to it.