Page 1 of 6 [ 83 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

12 Oct 2021, 9:21 pm

Superman comes out as bisexual; 'not a gimmick,' writer says

Quote:
Out, out and away! - for Superman on National Coming Out Day.

Jon Kent, the son of original Superman Clark Kent and journalist Lois Lane, turns out to be bisexual in DC Comics' latest iteration of the superhero's adventures.

The young man kisses reporter Jay Nakamura in issue five of the comic book "Superman: Son of Kal-El," which will be released on Nov. 9.

"It's not a gimmick," the writer, Tom Taylor, said in an interview from Melbourne, Australia, wearing a T-shirt with a rainbow-striped Superman logo.

"When I was offered this job, I thought, 'Well, if we're going to have a new Superman for the DC Universe, it feels like a missed opportunity to have another straight white savior," he said.

"We didn't want this to be 'DC Comics creates new queer Superman,'" Taylor said. "We want this to be 'Superman finds himself, becomes Superman and then comes out,' and I think that's a really important distinction there."

Jon Kent cares about climate crisis and refugees.

Dean Cain Slams Superman Coming Out as Bisexual: “It Isn’t Bold or Brave”
Quote:
Former Superman actor Dean Cain has criticized DC Comics’ decision to have the current Superman come out as bisexual.

“They said it’s a bold new direction, I say they’re bandwagoning,” the 55-year-old actor told Fox & Friends on Tuesday. “Robin just came out as bi — who’s really shocked about that one? The new Captain America is gay. My daughter in [The CW series] Supergirl, where I played the father, was gay. So I don’t think it’s bold or brave or some crazy new direction. If they had done this 20 years ago, perhaps that would be bold or brave.

“Brave would be having him fighting for the rights of gay people in Iran where they’ll throw you off a building for the offense of being gay,” Cain continued.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

12 Oct 2021, 10:25 pm

Well, glad that they clarified that it's not a gimmick.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

12 Oct 2021, 10:45 pm

So I wonder how long until they tell readers, Note: Superman's boyfriend died on the way back to his home planet.

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

13 Oct 2021, 6:47 am

Let's admit it, his costume has always been stereotypically "gay". :mrgreen:

Mr Reynholm
Veteran
Veteran

13 Oct 2021, 7:50 am

Disney: "I am the absolute best at destroying beloved franchises!"
DC: "Hold my beer."

Aspiegaming
Veteran
Veteran

13 Oct 2021, 12:30 pm

First the change the sexuality of our favorite iconic characters, then they change the race, then the gender, etc.
Where does it stop?
I remember when they made Iceman gay. That didn't sell well and neither will this.
Stop pandering to the woke. They're not buying your comics and you alienate the people who do.

If my darkness or eccentricness offends you, I don't really care.

I will not apologize for being me.

VegetableMan
Veteran
Veteran

13 Oct 2021, 12:40 pm

Well, with the outfit he wears...are we really surprised?

Oscar Meyer Lansky

Mr Reynholm
Veteran
Veteran

13 Oct 2021, 12:55 pm

Aspiegaming wrote:
First the change the sexuality of our favorite iconic characters, then they change the race, then the gender, etc.
Where does it stop?
I remember when they made Iceman gay. That didn't sell well and neither will this.
Stop pandering to the woke. They're not buying your comics and you alienate the people who do.

True.
All of the great franchises are pandering to people who are not their fans in order to appear inclusive. Star Wars, Star Trek , Doctor Who, Terminator, James Bond, I could go on, but all are now producing woke, unwatchable tripe that the fans hate.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

13 Oct 2021, 12:57 pm

Folks have been whispering about...Batman and Robin being more than just friends for decades. Same with the Lone Ranger and Tonto.

Its about time they brought it out into the open!

Vital for...truth, justice, and the American way!

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

13 Oct 2021, 12:59 pm

Mr Reynholm wrote:
Aspiegaming wrote:
Where does it stop?

True.
All of the great franchises are pandering to people who are not their fans in order to appear inclusive. Star Wars, Star Trek , Doctor Who, Terminator, James Bond, I could go on, but all are now producing woke, unwatchable tripe that the fans hate.

I'm not sure it's all because of stuff that triggers right-wingers (aka wokeness). A lot of the problem is that the stories they offer are formulaic and uninteresting. The problem isn't the window dressing, it's the window. They use those elements (see, we gotta girl hero now) in hopes that they'll distract from the fact that the series itself hasn't been interesting in over a decade.

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

theprisoner
Veteran
Veteran

13 Oct 2021, 1:00 pm

My interest in reading comics fizzled out when i was a teenager, and have no interest in going back. i was into it big time at one point, i appreciated that wolverine had a healthy interest in jean grey, i remember spiderman had a healthy interest in whats her name... (mary jane). as a boy i could identify with all that. ya know havin a crush on a girl. but they can change it all around all they want. I dont care what, who's orientations are. some nice childhood memories, but thats in the past for me now.

AQ: 27 Diagnosis:High functioning (just on the cusp of normal.) IQ:131 (somewhat inflated result but ego-flattering) DNA:XY Location: UK. Eyes: Blue. Hair: Brown. Height:6'1 Celebrity I most resemble: Tom hardy. Favorite Band: The Doors. Personality: uhhm ....(what can i say...we asd people are strange)

Woodpecker
Veteran
Veteran

13 Oct 2021, 1:09 pm

I thought that superman was too busy doing good works like saving people from train wrecks, car crashes and other dire events to have the chance to fall in love or have a partner, let alone have sex.

Anyway there is a problem, superman is not human he comes from another planet. How do we know if his body is compatable with humans in terms of sexual activity. He might look like a human (a mammal) but we do not know anything about his anatomy or other details of his body.

But assume he is able to reproduce with a female human (a woman) then what if he has problem children with superpowers who become young criminals. Oh ! Goodness they will be able to outrun the police and out think the police. That could cause us some problems !

Diagnosed under the DSM5 rules with autism spectrum disorder, under DSM4 psychologist said would have been AS (299.80) but I suspect that I am somewhere between 299.80 and 299.00 (Autism) under DSM4.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

13 Oct 2021, 1:11 pm

Woodpecker wrote:
But assume he is able to reproduce with a female human (a woman) then what if he has problem children with superpowers who become young criminals. Oh ! Goodness they will be able to outrun the police and out think the police. That could cause us some problems !

That actually might make for an interesting storyline. The supervillain is Kent Jr. :nerdy:

戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

theprisoner
Veteran
Veteran

13 Oct 2021, 1:16 pm

Your comment just reminded me of something i must of read years ago....about how could superman sperm go inside lois lane and not kill her, it would be invincible and indestructible and cause all kinds of problems.... oh yeah, thats where my mind goes....actually you're right, i would read something like that...an interesting storyline but x-rated

AQ: 27 Diagnosis:High functioning (just on the cusp of normal.) IQ:131 (somewhat inflated result but ego-flattering) DNA:XY Location: UK. Eyes: Blue. Hair: Brown. Height:6'1 Celebrity I most resemble: Tom hardy. Favorite Band: The Doors. Personality: uhhm ....(what can i say...we asd people are strange)

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

13 Oct 2021, 1:29 pm

Superman probably projects a false hologram image of himself that just LOOKS like a caucasian American human.

He might really look like a human sized cross between a squid and roach, and be sexually attracted to car doors (because thats what the opposite sex of his alien species looks like).

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

13 Oct 2021, 1:30 pm

theprisoner wrote:
Your comment just reminded me of something i must of read years ago....about how could superman sperm go inside lois lane and not kill her, it would be invincible and indestructible and cause all kinds of problems.... oh yeah, thats where my mind goes....actually you're right, i would read something like that...an interesting storyline but x-rated

It depends on if you're focusing on the conception or the parenting that follows.

Also, wasn't there a joke about Superman ejaculating like a shotgun in Mallrats?

戦争ではなく戦争と戦う