North Carolina Lt. Governor equates LGBTQ+ with filth

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

13 Oct 2021, 1:32 pm

North Carolina Lt. Gov. Mark Robinson stands by LGBTQ+ 'filth' comments amid controversy

Quote:
North Carolina Lt. Gov. Mark Robinson has doubled down after his comments calling transgenderism and homosexuality “filth” drew widespread rebukes and calls for him to resign.

Robinson, a Republican, made the comments in June at the Asbury Baptist church in Seagrove.

“There’s no reason anybody anywhere in America should be telling any child about transgenderism, homosexuality, any of that filth,” he told the audience. “And yes, I called it filth. And if you don’t like it that I called it filth, come see me and I’ll explain it to you.”

His words went viral last week after the group Right Wing Watch tweeted a clip of his speech. In recent days, scores of advocacy groups and politicians – from Raleigh to the White House – have denounced what Robinson said.

But Robinson is standing by his words. When asked by WRAL in an interview last week if he would use a different word besides “filth,” he said, “Absolutely not.”

In defending his comments, he argued he was specifically discussing the teaching of LGBTQ issues in public schools.

“That is in reference to introducing it to children in the classroom,” Robinson told WRAL, adding that “in our public schools, it has no place.”

He made similar comments Oct. 1 at an anniversary celebration for the North Carolina Values Coalition.

“And they’re pushing these perverted agendas, to try to teach our children that they're really not boys or girls, or they're shoving this homosexuality garbage down their throats,” he said.

In a Facebook post on Monday, U.S. Rep. Mark Walker backed Robinson up, saying, "Lt. Governor Mark Robinson is 100% accurate in describing the sexualization of our children in public schools. The content is filth, and the agenda is no less filthy."

“shoving this homosexuality garbage down their throats”. Interesting choice of language for a homotransphobic rant.

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

13 Oct 2021, 1:39 pm

I've heard people my age use the argument if this non-binary or trans stuff was around when i was young I've have been drawn into it. Usually this is done to discredit trans and NB identities.

Realizing that was an agreeable statement played a big role in why I started externally identifying as NB.

"If you stick a knife in my back 9 inches and pull it out 6 inches, there's no progress. If you pull it all the way out, that's not progress. The progress is healing the wound that the blow made... and they won't even admit the knife is there." Malcolm X
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2021, 10:09 pm

In defending his comments, he argued he was specifically discussing the teaching of LGBTQ issues in public schools.

Always cause and effect, Robinson just towing the republican line
- no teaching LGBTQI
- no teaching black history
- no evolution
- no islam
- schools should teach christian values because America is a christian nation