I am not allowed to date or talk to women romantically

Page 9 of 15 [ 236 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 15  Next

babybird
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2021, 3:53 pm

Texasmoneyman300 wrote:
Well I am giving them control because one of the requirements of my church is to be respectful to your parents and if you dont you are worthy of eternal death in Hell.So I dont want to risk that.And also my I would lose everything and be with out food and water and kicked out on the street. i also comply because my parents kicked me out in the middle of the night recently but I dont want to live with my parents anymore but its either be homeless on the streets or be locked up for the rest of my life in a state institution because they refuse to pay for my care and I am currently unable to work.I just hate my what my life has become.I dont know why my mom and dad feel the need to control every aspect and detail of my life.I just want a normal life where i can date and get married but thats just not possible right now or possibly ever.i want to get married after i get a stable job.I have almost lost all hope for a decent future.

Yeah your parents have a lot to answer for if they are putting you through this. You're not going to have eternal anything in hell because guess what...?

Im pretty confident that what your parents are doing to you is abusive.

You would actually be better off without these people in your life. They sound like narcissists to me.

Do yourself a favour and get the hell away from them.

babybird
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2021, 3:57 pm

Texasmoneyman300 wrote:
they dont think i am ready to date and cant handle it.

It's your parents who aren't ready to let go of you. They're clinging on to you because you make them feel powerful. If you allow them to do this for the rest of your life they still will not allow you to live your life and be happy. They are always going to make you believe that you are not good enough to have a relationship. You are giving them power. Take it back from them. It is your only hope.

babybird
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2021, 4:02 pm

Texasmoneyman300 wrote:
I guess they are too afraid of my feelings getting hurt.

If that is what they have led you to believe then they are lying. They're more afraid of losing their little bit of control over you.

It's them who are hurting you the most.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

17 Oct 2021, 12:20 am

Texasmoneyman300 wrote:
My family said that i could live in Texas or Oklahoma or Arkansas or Tennessee or Arizona or New Mexico or Nevada in assisted living upon their passing.Dad told me I would be safe from violence in assisted living and I would not have to be in a state instiution.So thats getting somewhere.Thanks.

BTW how do you afford alcohol?

Can you apply for work online in different states? if you could procure work then you could just leave your parents and move to a state that supports assisted living.

Itendswithmexx
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

17 Oct 2021, 9:56 am

Why?

Emancipation ? Domestic violence ? Do you know that you’re 31 and that you’re considered an adult. Who do your parents think they are? They aren’t legally or financially responsible for you aka they aren’t your boss anymore nor are you their slave. Leave! Get help. Your parents are sick. What’s their reason for locking you up ?

Itendswithmexx
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

17 Oct 2021, 9:58 am

What age did your parents get to marry a Nd date? Did their parents treat them like that?

Itendswithmexx
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

17 Oct 2021, 10:00 am

Just date. Life is short. Your parents are miserable, selfish,bitter freaks. You’ll meet a nice lady :) hugs!! !

Itendswithmexx
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

17 Oct 2021, 10:00 am

And honey, if I could I’d give you some practice! Xx

GadgetGuru
Veteran
Veteran

17 Oct 2021, 10:32 am

Texasmoneyman300 wrote:
My family said that i could live in Texas or Oklahoma or Arkansas or Tennessee or Arizona or New Mexico or Nevada in assisted living upon their passing.

Hmm, why those states in particular?

Texasmoneyman300
Veteran
Veteran

17 Oct 2021, 4:59 pm

GadgetGuru wrote:
Texasmoneyman300 wrote:
My family said that i could live in Texas or Oklahoma or Arkansas or Tennessee or Arizona or New Mexico or Nevada in assisted living upon their passing.

Hmm, why those states in particular?

Because the church of Christ is big in OK Arkansas and TN.The rest are more doubtful.I have always loved Arizona and New Mexico and also because Nevada and TN dont have income tax.And also because my church advises members to only live in a state that has churches of Christ.I would most likely only go to Oklahoma Arkansas and TN if Texas becomes untenable.But New Mexico is more likely than Arizona and Nevada.

Last edited by Texasmoneyman300 on 17 Oct 2021, 5:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Texasmoneyman300
Veteran
Veteran

17 Oct 2021, 5:02 pm

cyberdad wrote:
Texasmoneyman300 wrote:
My family said that i could live in Texas or Oklahoma or Arkansas or Tennessee or Arizona or New Mexico or Nevada in assisted living upon their passing.Dad told me I would be safe from violence in assisted living and I would not have to be in a state instiution.So thats getting somewhere.Thanks.

Can you apply for work online in different states? if you could procure work then you could just leave your parents and move to a state that supports assisted living.

My parents buy my alcohol.They will pay for my assisted living.What states do you suggest because Oklahoma and New Mexico and the South would be my best options for other states but Texas has more economic opportunity than those states.

Texasmoneyman300
Veteran
Veteran

17 Oct 2021, 7:58 pm

Itendswithmexx wrote:
Why?

Emancipation ? Domestic violence ? Do you know that you’re 31 and that you’re considered an adult. Who do your parents think they are? They aren’t legally or financially responsible for you aka they aren’t your boss anymore nor are you their slave. Leave! Get help. Your parents are sick. What’s their reason for locking you up ?

I still am under their control because I cant afford to live elsewhere and its their house their rules.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

17 Oct 2021, 10:02 pm

Texasmoneyman300 wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
Texasmoneyman300 wrote:

My parents buy my alcohol.They will pay for my assisted living.What states do you suggest because Oklahoma and New Mexico and the South would be my best options for other states but Texas has more economic opportunity than those states.

Economically I am not sure which state is best? also depends on your skills

Itendswithmexx
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

17 Oct 2021, 10:07 pm

Texasmoneyman300 wrote:
Sweetleaf wrote:
Well that seems weird, why are you giving them so much control of your life...?

Idk if my mom tried to be that oppressive I probably would have went homeless instead, but at least once I was an adult she realized she couldn't make all my decisions for me. But well part of that is I would not have let her...cant you leave or give ultimatum like how can she actually stop you meeting people? Sorry your mom sounds insane but you should find a way to not be controlled by her...just because she gave birth to you does not mean she owns you.

Well I am giving them control because one of the requirements of my church is to be respectful to your parents and if you dont you are worthy of eternal death in Hell.So I dont want to risk that.And also my I would lose everything and be with out food and water and kicked out on the street. i also comply because my parents kicked me out in the middle of the night recently but I dont want to live with my parents anymore but its either be homeless on the streets or be locked up for the rest of my life in a state institution because they refuse to pay for my care and I am currently unable to work.I just hate my what my life has become.I dont know why my mom and dad feel the need to control every aspect and detail of my life.I just want a normal life where i can date and get married but thats just not possible right now or possibly ever.i want to get married after i get a stable job.I have almost lost all hope for a decent future.

Which church is that? Yeah I doubt other people’s parents are doing that to their children. I doubt those were the rules that they had to abide by. Church also says don’t use birth control. Why do you think they have confessionals? Everything is a sin. In Islam if you don’t get raped by your husband you’re committing a sin.

Itendswithmexx
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

17 Oct 2021, 10:07 pm

Texasmoneyman300 wrote:
Sweetleaf wrote:
Texasmoneyman300 wrote:
naturalplastic wrote:
you're over 21 so...they cant tell ya what to do. So go on dating sites if you want.

But also getting involved with church activities also is a good way to network and meet folks as well.

And...WTF is it about your parents anyway? Do they think that they live in a traditional village in India, or in Medeaval Europe where they have arranged marriages? Even if THATS the case then... they should have found you a bride themselves by this time.

Maybe you should ask your mom and day "when are you gonna have a enough goats saved up for barter to buy me a bride?". :lol:

Well there is just not many people at church who are in a similar situation and place in life to me because most of them are married and raising a family or retired.There is not any possibities for me to date.I cant go on dating sites because their name is on the bank account so i would risk jail if I did that.I am afraid I wont want to get married by the time I am finally able to.

uhh it is legal to go on dating sites, how would your parents get you sent to jail for using a dating site? that does not make any sense sorry...

because i would have to use their banking information on their bank accounts to sign up for a dating site without their permission.

Tinder is free.

Itendswithmexx
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

17 Oct 2021, 10:09 pm

Texasmoneyman300 wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
Texasmoneyman300 wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
Texasmoneyman300 wrote:
My parents dont allow me to date and I am 31.I want to settle down and get married by 40 and its kind of hard to do that when you are not even allowed to talk to women romantically or go on dates.There's not really any way to meet someone in my town except church.And there's not anyone at church so I may never get married.And the parents of women at church may not want their daughter marrying me i drink beer and wine in moderation.I am not allowed to be a member of dating sites and dating apps.It is so frustrating.Ugh.What should I do?My parents are forcing me to be single.

Lets start with "why"?

they dont think i am ready to date and cant handle it.

And what do they think you need to do before you are ready? (apologies for the questions I'm just curious). Parents are funny, Mine wouldn't let me get a date then one day out of the blue they asked me why I'm not married :lol:

I guess they are too afraid of my feelings getting hurt.

Physically hurt? No woman is going to hurt you! And that’s illegal. Why would some woman hurt you? What’s wrong with your parents...