Why is the narrative always..when you have children....

Page 3 of 3 [ 36 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

KitLily
Veteran
Veteran

27 Oct 2022, 7:34 am

It's just the constant contrariness of humans.

If you don't have children, people say 'when are you having children? Why aren't you having children?'

When you do have children, people say 'when are you having the next child? why are you only having 1/2/3 children?'

If you complain about parenting being hard work, people say 'why did you have children if you're just going to complain?'

If you complain that you want children, but can't have them, people say 'why do you want children? The world is overpopulated (or whatever reason)'

You can't win, whatever you do. So I've found it's best to just ignore all these silly comments.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

28 Oct 2022, 3:07 pm

Hus wrote:
I want a better world for them all, I don't want to focus on mine. It's like really wanting the world peace to happen but not founding a new charity organization to make it real. But still trying to support the organizations that were founded by other people. :)
For some reason society is much more concerned about populating for the future instead of making sure that us hew-mons & the world in general actually have a future :roll:

KitLily wrote:

If you don't have children, people say 'when are you having children? Why aren't you having children?'

When you do have children, people say 'when are you having the next child? why are you only having 1/2/3 children?'

If you complain about parenting being hard work, people say 'why did you have children if you're just going to complain?'

If you complain that you want children, but can't have them, people say 'why do you want children? The world is overpopulated (or whatever reason)'

You can't win, whatever you do. So I've found it's best to just ignore all these silly comments.
Very good analyses :wtg:

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

KitLily
Veteran
Veteran

29 Oct 2022, 5:41 am

nick007 wrote:
KitLily wrote:

Very good analyses :wtg:

I think much of the time, people just open their mouths and words come out. They don't engage brain before talking :roll:

MOONTRIPS
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

29 Nov 2022, 7:20 am

yeah, that sort of thing is tiring. after all I've been through, no way I'd dare to have a human child. my cat child is enough. she cries enough, at any rate. much easier to take care of, though! :^)
I recall, when I was quite young, maybe not even a teen yet? learning about childbirth and being disgusted and terrified. literally decided I wasn't going to be birthing any children then and there. of course, as most parents would, my mom insisted I'd change my mind. HA! sure glad I never did