Page 1 of 1 [ 11 posts ] 

Which Is Your Favorite?
Star Wars: Droids: The Adventures of R2-D2 and C-3PO (1985 - 86) 20%  20%  [ 1 ]
Ewoks (1985 - 86) 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Star Wars: Clone Wars (2003 - 05) 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Star Wars: The Clone Wars (2008 - 14, 2020) 20%  20%  [ 1 ]
Star Wars Rebels (2014 - 18) 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Star Wars Forces of Destiny (2017 - 18) 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Star Wars Resistance (2018 - 2020) 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
The Mandalorian (2019 - Ongoing) 60%  60%  [ 3 ]
Star Wars: The Bad Batch (2021 - Ongoing) 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Star Wars: Visions (2021) 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 5

tb86
Veteran
Veteran

14 Oct 2021, 4:20 pm

1. The Mandalorian
2. The Clone Wars
3. Rebels
4. Clone Wars
5. Visions
6. The Bad Batch
7. Resistance
8. Forces of Destiny
Haven't seen much of Droids and Ewoks.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2021, 11:49 pm

For me it's no contest.

1. Clone wars
2. Star wars rebels
3. Bad batch

If they ever made series with Jango fett, Mace Windu and the old republic into a series (Darth Revan) I would also put it up there.

Mr Reynholm
Veteran
Veteran

19 Oct 2021, 12:39 pm

The Bad Batch was a pleasent surprise. Love the way it is showing the galaxy's fall into Imperial tyranny from the perspective of soldiers who were loyal to the Republic.

Red Raid
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

19 Oct 2021, 1:12 pm

In no particular order I like Star Wars: Clone Wars(2003), Star Wars: The Clone Wars(2008), Star Wars Rebels(2014) and Star Wars: The Bad Batch(2021). I watched the first Clone Wars not too long ago and it was surprisingly good. Definitely check it out if you haven't.

I'm currently half way through Visions right now and it's... interesting, to say the least. I guess I shouldn't be too mad that most of it is non-canon since it gives the creators more flexibility and room to work with. I guess I'm just not really used to the directing that comes with anime but I can see why someone else might like it.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

19 Oct 2021, 5:59 pm

There is a schism over non-canon content that doesn't line up with chronology set up by Lucas. I won't lose too much sleep if the recent Star Wars trilogy is removed from the time-line but that's up for speculation.

The current proclivity to bring back dead characters like Maul, Palpatine and Boba are also a little annoying. But in Star wars if you haven't seen the body then the character is still likely to be lurking around in a galaxy far far away.

AliceCooper
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

19 Oct 2021, 11:19 pm

Clone Wars 08-14-20!

An Aspie played Count Dooku and Cad Bane!

Mr Reynholm
Veteran
Veteran

20 Oct 2021, 8:03 am

cyberdad wrote:
There is a schism over non-canon content that doesn't line up with chronology set up by Lucas. I won't lose too much sleep if the recent Star Wars trilogy is removed from the time-line but that's up for speculation.

The current proclivity to bring back dead characters like Maul, Palpatine and Boba are also a little annoying. But in Star wars if you haven't seen the body then the character is still likely to be lurking around in a galaxy far far away.

True.
When they first brought Maul back I kinda did an eye roll but they did a great job developing his character into an interesting villain.
Since we never saw Mace Windu's dead body, he's probably out there somewhere. Can't wait to see him come back and kick some imperial arse.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

20 Oct 2021, 6:24 pm

I could write a fair bit about Mace's return.

I follow Stars wars theory online and his take is most likely. At the time of Order 66, Mace was the only Jedi who harnessed the dark side when deploying his unique light saber fighting technique of form 7 (Vaapad). Therefore as he was getting electrocuted by Palpatine he could have harnessed the dark side to resist getting fried. Luke took a much larger hit from Palapatine in Return of the Jedi and surivived.

The problem for Mace is that he would have fallen 2 miles from Palpatine's office into the streets of Coruscant, Before hitting the ground his only chance would be to use his one good arm to catch a speeder. but he could have drawn on the force just prior to hitting the ground (almost all jedi can do this).

Both Star wars rebels and bad Batch have a link to Mace. In Rebels Mace's paduan Deepa Balaba is survived by Caleb Doom who then trains his own paduan Ezra Bridger, Ezra is the first Jedi capable of harnessing the dark side and I think if he returns he may choose to follow his gradpa master Mace and use the dark side (he already was doing this when he had the Sith Holocron in Rebels). In Bad batch Caleb Doom is also going to play some role in the second season. The first season started with order 66 and Deepa's death.

If Mace does return then he will likely appear in Obi Wan or Boba. Boba Fett is driven by a childhood desire for vengeance and the number one person his hitlist was always Mace who decapitated his father on Geonosis.

While Star wars is about the life of Annakin, Mace was the one who usered the era of the Clones wars and his fall from Palpatine's office ushered Order 66. I look forward to seeing an older Mace fight Vader or Boba.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

20 Oct 2021, 6:28 pm

Mr Reynholm wrote:
[
When they first brought Maul back I kinda did an eye roll but they did a great job developing his character into an interesting villain. .

Maul is a great character, His sarcastic wit was pretty funny. Wpuld also like to see the return of his true mistress the Night sister Mother Talzin. She had a great ethereal voice.

AardvarkGoodSwimmer
Veteran
Veteran

22 Oct 2021, 1:09 pm

There really probably are living people who have extremely positive memories of The Star Wars Holiday Special from Nov. 17, 1978.

Esquire magazine called it a “brilliant disaster.” A show can be so bad it’s good. And/or the crummy parts when placed against the good parts make for greater texture (more commonly, slow parts placed against fast parts).

Maybe you really had to be the right age, for example 7 or 8, to see it. But with Luke talking with Mrs. Chewbacca by radio, how bad can it possibly be? ! ? :-P

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

22 Oct 2021, 7:51 pm

AardvarkGoodSwimmer wrote:
Maybe you really had to be the right age, for example 7 or 8, to see it. But with Luke talking with Mrs. Chewbacca by radio, how bad can it possibly be? ! ? :-P

:lol: