Page 1 of 5 [ 66 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

thinkinginpictures
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2021, 12:51 pm

A recent documentary on TV2 - A Danish TV-broadcasting service, has revealed unlawful circumsisions and even legal ones with complications, and an article explaining how Jewish communities are threatening to silence lawmakers in Scandinavian countries who wish to put a ban on male circumcision for children under the legal age of 18 - in other words, making circumcision a decision of the individual rather than the decision of the parents, at least when it relates to religious circumcision (not for purely medical reasons).

In the fall of 2020 there was a debate in Denmark. 80 % of all Danes say that it should be the decision of the child, and parents should be banned from enforcing religious circumcision. But when the debate was on its highest, lawmakers in Denmark were being threatened by all sorts of diplomatic and economic pressure, to end the debate.

This has happened in Iceland too.
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2018/0 ... s-europes/

Who are they to tell how WE Danes should govern and make OUR laws? Who are these religious communities to tell us, which laws we can make and which we cannot? What right do these communities have, to force the DANISH Democratic lawmakers, to silence the PEOPLE and deny the RIGHTS and the WILL of the People?

If they don't like it here, there's only one thing I can say: GET OUT!

Original source (Danish):
https://nyheder.tv2.dk/samfund/2021-10- ... s-venter-i

Itendswithmexx
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

17 Oct 2021, 2:07 pm

Argh Asia,Africa and Middle East are still preforming the cleansing ritual of fgm which removes the whole clit. What man gets permanently castrated just to get married to get a fate worse than anal? You don’t see troops invading that country and stopping fgm.

Itendswithmexx
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

17 Oct 2021, 2:10 pm

Why do they need to remove skin at such a young age? They don’t even have sex? Isn’t the point of circumsion to improve pleasure. Why the hell is that a priority at such a young age and why are the parents basically raping their child and calling it sacred. It’s creepy and a violation, if he were an adult it would illegal. Age discrimination? Freedom of “religion” is just taken too far. It’s not necessary to do that. It’s dangerous.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

17 Oct 2021, 4:05 pm

I am against all forms of genital mutilation. 8)

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

17 Oct 2021, 5:10 pm

Didn’t have my son mutilated.
It’s the same as asking to cut off the tip of his little finger.

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

17 Oct 2021, 5:20 pm

I am not for it either. I am not going to stop someone else having it if they really want to and it should be up to the individual, but I wouldn't do it. No way! HAHA! Serious OUCH!

It should never be done to women because it means sex will be painful for them. Only some Muslims circumcize women. Jews only circumcize men.

For Christians, since Jesus came there is a New Covernant between man and God so circumcision is no longer needed.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

17 Oct 2021, 5:35 pm

Some African ethnic groups also circumcise women.

Tross
Veteran
Veteran

17 Oct 2021, 5:43 pm

Well, if someone wants to have that done to themselves then I guess it's their right. Personally, I don't want anything sharp anywhere near that area, but I recognize the rights of others to do what they want. I know someone who has done it. Of course, he had it done for his young sons too, which I agree is controversial. A child cannot legally consent to a lot of things, but somehow that's ok. Religious freedom is kind of a grey area in terms of what should and should not be considered ethical. Obviously Western society has outlawed honor killing, but there's clearly much debate as to where exactly the line is drawn within that extreme.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

17 Oct 2021, 8:26 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
Some African ethnic groups also circumcise women.

That is a criminal act in Australia.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

17 Oct 2021, 8:31 pm

Tross wrote:
Well, if someone wants to have that done to themselves then I guess it's their right. Personally, I don't want anything sharp anywhere near that area, but I recognize the rights of others to do what they want. I know someone who has done it. Of course, he had it done for his young sons too, which I agree is controversial. A child cannot legally consent to a lot of things, but somehow that's ok. Religious freedom is kind of a grey area in terms of what should and should not be considered ethical. Obviously Western society has outlawed honor killing, but there's clearly much debate as to where exactly the line is drawn within that extreme.

Female genital mutilation is a punishable criminal act here in Australia.
I see no difference when it comes to males.

I find it barbaric and totally unnecessary, these days.

Tross
Veteran
Veteran

18 Oct 2021, 2:30 am

Pepe wrote:
Tross wrote:

I'm in agreement with you there, although the guy I mentioned is very pro-circumcision, to the point where I'm not going to argue that point with him. What's interesting is, he's a Christian. Us Gentiles don't need to do that, and I'm certainly exercising my right not to. :roll: It's pretty easy anyways, since it would actually take more effort to go to all the trouble of getting circumcised. I don't even know where one would go to do that, and I don't care enough to want to know. I'm not big on sharp things coming anywhere near my body, especially not there.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

18 Oct 2021, 2:34 am

Tross wrote:
Pepe wrote:
Tross wrote:

I'm in agreement with you there, although the guy I mentioned is very pro-circumcision, to the point where I'm not going to argue that point with him. What's interesting is, he's a Christian. Us Gentiles don't need to do that, and I'm certainly exercising my right not to. :roll: It's pretty easy anyways, since it would actually take more effort to go to all the trouble of getting circumcised. I don't even know where one would go to do that, and I don't care enough to want to know. I'm not big on sharp things coming anywhere near my body, especially not there.

I don't have a problem whatsoever in adults choosing to circumcise themselves.
It is forcing it on babies/children.

Tross
Veteran
Veteran

18 Oct 2021, 2:58 am

Pepe wrote:
Tross wrote:
Pepe wrote:
Tross wrote:

Yeah...that's certainly questionable from an ethics standpoint, and there's a strong argument to be made that it shouldn't be allowed. On the other hand, that would certainly spark outrage from religious groups. I'm pretty sure circumcision is mostly a thing in Judaism, and to my understanding practitioners of that faith to do that to boys when they're quite young. That's a minefield I'm choosing not to step into, beyond just expressing that it's not my thing, and it certainly won't be a thing I subject any of my children to if I should ever have any.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

18 Oct 2021, 4:27 am

Tross wrote:
Pepe wrote:
Tross wrote:
Pepe wrote:
Tross wrote:

Yeah...that's certainly questionable from an ethics standpoint, and there's a strong argument to be made that it shouldn't be allowed. On the other hand, that would certainly spark outrage from religious groups. I'm pretty sure circumcision is mostly a thing in Judaism, and to my understanding practitioners of that faith to do that to boys when they're quite young. That's a minefield I'm choosing not to step into, beyond just expressing that it's not my thing, and it certainly won't be a thing I subject any of my children to if I should ever have any.

I have a habit of rushing in where angels fear to tread.
I have a defiant aspect to my character. 8)

It is simply wrong, period.
Child marriage is wrong, though there are cultures that practice that also.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

18 Oct 2021, 6:00 am

It was standard practice to circumcise male newborns in the US until recently.

Female circumcision is generally worse for women than male circumcision is for males.

I’m not an advocate for circumcision.

thinkinginpictures
Veteran
Veteran

18 Oct 2021, 7:26 am

It's important for me to add to my Original Topic, that I am not against people voluntarily choosing to be circumcised. It's their choice.

But when you make a choice for others, it has to be purely for medical reasons. Religion must never be used to mutilate or subjugate other people. What you choose to do with your own body is your decision alone.

But don't force other people to do the same.