Page 2 of 2 [ 21 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Itendswithmexx
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

17 Oct 2021, 8:29 pm

apex116 wrote:
Thank for your reply, where I had a certain degree of difficulty at times in following some of your messages.

However, it is clear your response is against the subjective nature of the diagnostic process and many other flaws in the psychiatry where your views are completely rational and understandable.

Such flaws are not present in what I refer to as the real medicines i.e when testing for cancer, you would perform an objective test such as a CT scan to indicate the presence of malignant cells.

This allows such diagnoses to be verified as real illnesses where there is no factual evidence other than the opinion of the psychiatrist to diagnoses conditions such as ADHD.

1. It is the case that the use of drugs have been overly used in to treat psychiatric conditions such as the case of ADHD. This is based on the brain chemical imbalance myth which has not been scientifically proven yet promoted as it pushes the the sales of the drugs of the multi-billion dollar pharmaceutical companies.

Your claim therefore that these drugs such conditions can be treated are therefore not correct as there was never a brain chemical imbalance. However, these drugs actually cause a brain chemical imbalance and cause a worsening in the condition over the long term which allow the further sales of drugs.

Psychiatry has after all never cured a condition. For reference look at how Schizophrenia has a better long-term prognosis in the developing world where there is an absence of anti-psychotics.

Of course if you are currently taking medication I would ask for medical advice for tapering off them due to the withdrawal effects.

2. I think the problem in getting the correct diagnosis is the serious overlap between such diagnoses alongside the lack of objective testing. The answer is we don't know enough about how the brain works to fully assess the neurodiverse condition and there is no evidence that a psychiatrist has the special insight into the human condition by observing human behaviours.

I think you are reading into this matter too much expecting to find the answers which psychiatry wrongly claims to explain. I'd rather see yourself as individual rather than a label and see how I can proceed to help you to lead a fulfilling life. Intelligence Quotient (IQ) tests are also meaningless where I can clearly see you are an intelligent individual who understands the complex intricacies of a highly flawed psychiatric model.

Yeah I used to think psychiatry covered everything. Cause it’s brain (mental=brain). I didn’t know then that there are neurologists, autism, educational psychologists, ect, I just asked for a brain scan and shrink laughed at me.

apex116
Raven
Raven

17 Oct 2021, 9:49 pm

Itendswithmexx wrote:
apex116 wrote:
Thank for your reply, where I had a certain degree of difficulty at times in following some of your messages.

However, it is clear your response is against the subjective nature of the diagnostic process and many other flaws in the psychiatry where your views are completely rational and understandable.

Such flaws are not present in what I refer to as the real medicines i.e when testing for cancer, you would perform an objective test such as a CT scan to indicate the presence of malignant cells.

This allows such diagnoses to be verified as real illnesses where there is no factual evidence other than the opinion of the psychiatrist to diagnoses conditions such as ADHD.

1. It is the case that the use of drugs have been overly used in to treat psychiatric conditions such as the case of ADHD. This is based on the brain chemical imbalance myth which has not been scientifically proven yet promoted as it pushes the the sales of the drugs of the multi-billion dollar pharmaceutical companies.

Your claim therefore that these drugs such conditions can be treated are therefore not correct as there was never a brain chemical imbalance. However, these drugs actually cause a brain chemical imbalance and cause a worsening in the condition over the long term which allow the further sales of drugs.

Psychiatry has after all never cured a condition. For reference look at how Schizophrenia has a better long-term prognosis in the developing world where there is an absence of anti-psychotics.

Of course if you are currently taking medication I would ask for medical advice for tapering off them due to the withdrawal effects.

2. I think the problem in getting the correct diagnosis is the serious overlap between such diagnoses alongside the lack of objective testing. The answer is we don't know enough about how the brain works to fully assess the neurodiverse condition and there is no evidence that a psychiatrist has the special insight into the human condition by observing human behaviours.

I think you are reading into this matter too much expecting to find the answers which psychiatry wrongly claims to explain. I'd rather see yourself as individual rather than a label and see how I can proceed to help you to lead a fulfilling life. Intelligence Quotient (IQ) tests are also meaningless where I can clearly see you are an intelligent individual who understands the complex intricacies of a highly flawed psychiatric model.

Yeah I used to think psychiatry covered everything. Cause it’s brain (mental=brain). I didn’t know then that there are neurologists, autism, educational psychologists, ect, I just asked for a brain scan and shrink laughed at me.

I bet he did laugh at you as if he did perform a brain scan they would realise there is absolutely nothing wrong with you as you are a perfectly healthy and well functioning human being. The problem that exists is their sick and twisted opinion of what is defined as normal and their shallow view falsely masquerading as a medical opinion.

Unfortunately, by making up false diagnoses with no supporting direct objective evidence allows them to easily defraud the tax payer of billions of dollars each year through prescribing poisonous chemicals with side effects ranging from tardive dyskinesia to Neuroleptic malignant syndrome.

Although, be careful not to come across as something too serious as they may involuntary commit you claiming you have an illness that needs to be treated where you lack capacity to understand you are unwell despite no factual evidence to support their belief that you are unwell.

A brutal and oppressive totalitarian regime I'd say which seems to disproportionally affect autistic individuals.

I mean psychiatrists don't care about human rights, the United Nations Special Rapporteur on Torture 2013 condemn such practices stating forced psychiatry is against their Universal Declaration of Human Rights, Article 5.

Of course, if they demonstrate that their illness is real such as in physical medicine where a biomarker is identified, they can no longer be involuntary treated.

Not only this, but the lack of parity between mental health and physical health demonstrate that it is not a medical necessity that the rights of those said to have mental health issues are violated nor is it in the interests of national security. This concludes why psychiatrists don't have your interests at heart.

So to conclude this matter, there is absolutely nothing wrong with you, psychiatrists just abuse their position as doctors to false claim you have a condition - it's all nonsense. Just enjoy the rest of your life.

If you do have any further issues, I'm happy for you to message me on the forum.

Double Retired
Veteran
Veteran

17 Oct 2021, 10:25 pm

Itendswithmexx wrote:
Double Retired wrote:
Do you know whether or not you developed language skills normally when you were very young? Was this documented one way or the other for purposes of the assessment? Or, was it not documented either way?

Nope. It was 1997? When I was three, isn’t that before computers lol. That’s the year they decriminalised homosexuality. And only a couple of years before they criminalised rape in marriage. Can’t expect too much from Australia.
I studied computers so please understand I'm no expert. But, my understanding is that one of the things that distinguished Autism from Asperger's was that Autism typically came with delayed language development and Asperger's did not. But this only was about early language development when you were very young. Later things could be quite different.

So, from what little I know, I thought it might be difficult to distinguish Autism from Asperger's without information about the individual's very early language development. Which could be a problem when assessing an adult.

shortfatbalduglyman
Veteran
Veteran

18 Oct 2021, 9:00 am

Your previous diagnosis could be a misdiagnosis

However no matter how many diagnosis you get, they could all be misdiagnosis

How are you paying for the diagnosis?

The question is, is a second opinion worth the time, energy and money it costs, given that the second opinion is not guaranteed to be correct?

apex116
Raven
Raven

18 Oct 2021, 10:25 am

shortfatbalduglyman wrote:
Your previous diagnosis could be a misdiagnosis

However no matter how many diagnosis you get, they could all be misdiagnosis

How are you paying for the diagnosis?

The question is, is a second opinion worth the time, energy and money it costs, given that the second opinion is not guaranteed to be correct?

You are absolutely spot on.