Page 1 of 1 [ 14 posts ] 

Itendswithmexx
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

17 Oct 2021, 2:10 am

Cause when someone bullies me I go from happy or regular to sad.

How to handle the opinions of uneducated people with a vested interest?

Dan999
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

27 Oct 2021, 12:37 pm

I don’t think that’s bi polar that’s just a natural reaction to being bullied

Wornhat
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

28 Oct 2021, 2:55 pm

I think it’s dangerous but necessary to apply terms to the mind. I don’t really have much of a formal knowledge on psychology, but I think “bipolar” is a universal spectrum just like “autism” is. I consider myself bipolar, i haven’t been diagnosed but it’s pretty clear that it’s at least an inherited behavior from my father. Is what it is. We all experience waves of elation and depression, that’s totally natural, I just think the weather system for bipolar folks is much more sensitive, like the weather systems on Earth are becoming.

There’s a lot of energy in regards to being bipolar. There’s lots of explosion. But explosions are messy and dangerous and rarely get the job done. Our brains are plastic and always changing, and we can develop knew mental habits. Being able to focus that explosive emotional energy is the same as focusing the energy of an enormous explosion in a space rocket, capable of reaching impossible heights as the moon itself.

HeroOfHyrule
Veteran
Veteran

28 Oct 2021, 3:07 pm

My mom calls me "bipolar" if I don't react well to her insulting or screaming at me. Are the people who call you that the ones who are harassing you? If they are, then they're just trying to manipulate you into not reacting.

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

28 Oct 2021, 3:36 pm

Long before my diagnosis of Autism , before they understood about the spectrum , one of the early diagnosis , i recieved was bipolar. Which thry then gave me medicine for which , soon made my life much less worth living ..

where ever you go ,there you are

Wornhat
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

28 Oct 2021, 3:39 pm

Jakki wrote:
Long before my diagnosis of Autism , before they understood about the spectrum , one of the early diagnosis , i recieved was bipolar. Which thry then gave me medicine for which , soon made my life much less worth living ..

Very similar with me, except it was ADD and 5 years of adderall. How are you doing now?

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

28 Oct 2021, 4:16 pm

Wornhat wrote:
Jakki wrote:

Very similar with me, except it was ADD and 5 years of adderall. How are you doing now?

Wish they had given me adderal instead personally . Lithium kills all your highs and lows ..
So did not enjoy much of anything back then.
Am doing better and have gone to studying supplements and herbs which helped much better
After was pumped full of various antidepressants for many years
Thank you for asking. Found most meds have bad sideeffects that create all their own problems for me .

Wornhat
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

28 Oct 2021, 7:38 pm

Jakki wrote:
Wornhat wrote:
Jakki wrote:

Wish they had given me adderal instead personally . Lithium kills all your highs and lows ..
Am doing better and have gone to studying supplements and herbs which helped much better
Thank you for asking. Found most meds have bad sideeffects that create all their own problems for me .

Oh yeah that would be quite different from my experience, I experienced one big massive wave of high, but in that wave I lost my personality completely and I became this sort of weird adderall amalgam monster, and once I graduated high school and stopped taking it is when I realized how hollow I was. That stage of life is such a terrible time to experiment on people with mind altering substances. I’ve never had experience with anti depressants but loads of depression, they’d have medicated me for that too.

I’m very fond of natural supplements. I grow mushrooms, reishi has been my favorite. The Chinese called it the mushroom of immortality and it was strictly reserved for royalty. It’s (purportedly) very good for the kidneys and liver, it helps regulate sleep, anti-inflammatory, anti-oxidant, aids in providing balanced energy (non-stimulant), and makes what I find a very flavorful earthy tea.

I got way off topic but this actually ties back into bi polar. I believe the best medication is exactly what Jakki mentioned, natural herbs and supplements and being healthy in general. Eat right, sleep well, breathe deep, drink plenty is the best medication. I am always much more balanced when I take this approach, and much more disciplined. When my routine falters, I falter. Then I can get out of balance and begin to reach the extremes of depressed and manic. Natural supplements can be an incredible life changer. Moringa leaf is supposed to be great for your mood, and for anyone looking for enhanced focus I would strongly recommend Lion’s Mane mushroom (the fruit body, not the mycelium) and bacopa monnieri.

Jakki what’s your favorite supplements?

Itendswithmexx
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

28 Oct 2021, 9:41 pm

Jakki wrote:

Hmmmm then get off the medication? It’s a business at the end of the day. They got to eat too.

Itendswithmexx
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

28 Oct 2021, 9:43 pm

Dan999 wrote:
I don’t think that’s bi polar that’s just a natural reaction to being bullied

Yah abused*** I wonder if lowered iq is a symptom of being bullied or abused? Bipolar cause when someone is physically abusing me I get upset. So there punishing me for getting upset due to their own poor behaviour?

Wornhat
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

29 Oct 2021, 1:01 pm

Itendswithmexx wrote:
Jakki wrote:

Hmmmm then get off the medication? It’s a business at the end of the day. They got to eat too.

I’m very biased against chemical medication, but once the medicating has begun, it’s oftentimes very important how you stop taking the medication. I don’t have the experience or knowledge to give anyone advice on whether they should trust the medications prescribed by their doctors but I do know some of the medications can be very dangerous to stop taking without a proper procedure

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

29 Oct 2021, 1:34 pm

Wornhat wrote:
Jakki wrote:
Wornhat wrote:
Jakki wrote:

Oh yeah that would be quite different from my experience, I experienced one big massive wave of high, but in that wave I lost my personality completely and I became this sort of weird adderall amalgam monster, and once I graduated high school and stopped taking it is when I realized how hollow I was. That stage of life is such a terrible time to experiment on people with mind altering substances. I’ve never had experience with anti depressants but loads of depression, they’d have medicated me for that too.

I’m very fond of natural supplements. I grow mushrooms, reishi has been my favorite. The Chinese called it the mushroom of immortality and it was strictly reserved for royalty. It’s (purportedly) very good for the kidneys and liver, it helps regulate sleep, anti-inflammatory, anti-oxidant, aids in providing balanced energy (non-stimulant), and makes what I find a very flavorful earthy tea.

I got way off topic but this actually ties back into bi polar. I believe the best medication is exactly what Jakki mentioned, natural herbs and supplements and being healthy in general. Eat right, sleep well, breathe deep, drink plenty is the best medication. I am always much more balanced when I take this approach, and much more disciplined. When my routine falters, I falter. Then I can get out of balance and begin to reach the extremes of depressed and manic. Natural supplements can be an incredible life changer. Moringa leaf is supposed to be great for your mood, and for anyone looking for enhanced focus I would strongly recommend Lion’s Mane mushroom (the fruit body, not the mycelium) and bacopa monnieri.

Jakki what’s your favorite supplements?

For me i like Cordyceps . COq10 and msm are pretty good stuff , i do like the LionsMane ,
Was not aware,about fruit body versus mycellium . A strong B vitamin mix . Calcium/ magnesium
no experience with Moringa leaf or bacopa monnieri
Ashwaganda and neem , few others too geared towards anti inflammitory effect

Wornhat
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

29 Oct 2021, 1:43 pm

I’ve heard lots of good stuff about neem. I take ashwaghanda too, and cordyceps. I tried growing cordyceps militaries last year, it colonized the grain but never fruited. Oh well. It’s great for exercise, from my understanding the cordycepin allows the red blood cells to carry more oxygen. I’ve definitely noticed this while running and diving, though it could just as well be placebo.

In regards to the mycelium/fruit body issue, companies like Paul Stamets’ Fungi Perfecti have been hustling myceliated brown rice as medicinal, and they claim they’re medicinal due to the high levels of polysaccharides. However, the polysaccharides that are being read are polysaccharide a that’s being drawn in large amounts from the rice and is not medicinal. Mushrooms are full of polysaccharide b or beta glucans I think, which takes a more intensive test to discern the two. So I strongly suggest you always make sure it’s derived from 100% fruit body, otherwise you could end up paying for mostly fancy rice :(

FreshCaps is a good brand, probably a bit pricey though. Jeff chilton’s company seems good, he helped write the mushroom cultivator with Paul Stamets but he has similar views towards Paul these days as I do, that he’s more of a Thomas Edison-esque charlatan. I can be pretty judgmental from a distance though.

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

29 Oct 2021, 2:15 pm

Thank you .... handy info .. Might try tracking down some vitamin B-15 sublingual absorbtion
Maybe hard to find , Aangmik used to be the best brand .Good for physical endurance. imho.