Jussie Smollett fails in attempt to have charges dismissed

Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ] 

Brictoria
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 12 Aug 2013
Age: 45
Gender: Male
Posts: 3,416
Location: Melbourne, Australia

17 Oct 2021, 4:03 am

Quote:
A judge has denied Empire actor Jussie Smollett's last ditch attempt to dismiss his criminal case for allegedly lying to police when he reported that he was the victim of a racist, anti-gay attack, and a date has been set for trial.

Smollett, 39, had told police that two masked men attacked him in downtown Chicago in January 2019, where he was filming Empire.

He was charged weeks later with filing a false police report, after investigators concluded that he staged the attack and paid two brothers to carry it out because he was unhappy about his salary and wanted to promote his career.

An attorney for the former Empire actor, who played Jamal Lyon on the show, said Smollett's rights were being violated.

He has already performed community service and given up a $10,000 bond under a previous deal with Cook County prosecutors to drop charges.

'A deal is a deal. That's ancient principle,' attorney Nenye Uche said.

But Judge James Linn noted that Smollett's case now was being led by a special prosecutor appointed by another judge, an arrangement that he would not upset.

Source: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10097337/Judge-firms-trial-date-Smollett-wont-dismiss-case.html


_________________
Quote:
"We count on the space of trust that confidentiality provides. When someone breaches that trust, we are all worse off for it." - Hillary Clinton

Quote:
"Sometimes I think that this is an era when sanity has become controversial." - Thomas Sowell


Mr Reynholm
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 19 Feb 2019
Age: 55
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,363
Location: Tulsa, OK

18 Oct 2021, 8:40 am

This guy should be prosecuted to tot fullest extent of the law. What he did put people in danger.



Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 11 Jun 2013
Gender: Male
Posts: 18,877
Location: Australia

18 Oct 2021, 2:06 pm

I wonder if Smollett has been a victim of remote electronic harassment?
This must always be a consideration when people do absurdly stupid things.


_________________
Laughter is the best medicine. Age-appropriate behaviour is an arbitrary NT social construct.
Don't tell me white lies. Gaslight me at your peril. Don't give me your bad attitude. Hypnosis, psychosis. Tomarto, tomayto. There are *4* lights. Honey badger.
If I'm so bad, pass me by. ;)


And one more thing,


"A stranger is a friend gang-stalker you haven't met yet." Humour is not meant to be taken seriously, yet many pervert its intent.
Truth may be inconvenient but it is never politically incorrect...The Oracle of Truth has spoken...8)


I luv KFC!


Mr Reynholm
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 19 Feb 2019
Age: 55
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,363
Location: Tulsa, OK

18 Oct 2021, 2:12 pm

Pepe wrote:
I wonder if Smollett has been a victim of remote electronic harassment?
This must always be a consideration when people do absurdly stupid things.

He should be charged with a hate crime.



Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 11 Jun 2013
Gender: Male
Posts: 18,877
Location: Australia

18 Oct 2021, 2:20 pm

Mr Reynholm wrote:
Pepe wrote:
I wonder if Smollett has been a victim of remote electronic harassment?
This must always be a consideration when people do absurdly stupid things.

He should be charged with a hate crime.


And what about the mind rapists, if they have been involved?
They get off scot-free, obviously. 8)


_________________
Laughter is the best medicine. Age-appropriate behaviour is an arbitrary NT social construct.
Don't tell me white lies. Gaslight me at your peril. Don't give me your bad attitude. Hypnosis, psychosis. Tomarto, tomayto. There are *4* lights. Honey badger.
If I'm so bad, pass me by. ;)


And one more thing,


"A stranger is a friend gang-stalker you haven't met yet." Humour is not meant to be taken seriously, yet many pervert its intent.
Truth may be inconvenient but it is never politically incorrect...The Oracle of Truth has spoken...8)


I luv KFC!


cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 21 Feb 2011
Age: 54
Gender: Male
Posts: 23,581

18 Oct 2021, 9:17 pm

Mr Reynholm wrote:
Pepe wrote:
I wonder if Smollett has been a victim of remote electronic harassment?
This must always be a consideration when people do absurdly stupid things.

He should be charged with a hate crime.


Wasn't he the victim of his own crime :lol:

He wasted police resources and for that he should face the music



Mr Reynholm
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 19 Feb 2019
Age: 55
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,363
Location: Tulsa, OK

19 Oct 2021, 8:12 am

Pepe wrote:
Mr Reynholm wrote:
Pepe wrote:
I wonder if Smollett has been a victim of remote electronic harassment?
This must always be a consideration when people do absurdly stupid things.

He should be charged with a hate crime.


And what about the mind rapists, if they have been involved?
They get off scot-free, obviously. 8)

Mind rapists? Seriously? Lets keep it to the real world not the fantasy world.



Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 11 Jun 2013
Gender: Male
Posts: 18,877
Location: Australia

19 Oct 2021, 4:53 pm

Mr Reynholm wrote:
Pepe wrote:
Mr Reynholm wrote:
Pepe wrote:
I wonder if Smollett has been a victim of remote electronic harassment?
This must always be a consideration when people do absurdly stupid things.

He should be charged with a hate crime.


And what about the mind rapists, if they have been involved?
They get off scot-free, obviously. 8)

Mind rapists? Seriously? Lets keep it to the real world not the fantasy world.


Remote electronic harassment is a thing.
I have personally experienced it. 8)


_________________
Laughter is the best medicine. Age-appropriate behaviour is an arbitrary NT social construct.
Don't tell me white lies. Gaslight me at your peril. Don't give me your bad attitude. Hypnosis, psychosis. Tomarto, tomayto. There are *4* lights. Honey badger.
If I'm so bad, pass me by. ;)


And one more thing,


"A stranger is a friend gang-stalker you haven't met yet." Humour is not meant to be taken seriously, yet many pervert its intent.
Truth may be inconvenient but it is never politically incorrect...The Oracle of Truth has spoken...8)


I luv KFC!


Mr Reynholm
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 19 Feb 2019
Age: 55
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,363
Location: Tulsa, OK

20 Oct 2021, 7:55 am

Pepe wrote:
Mr Reynholm wrote:
Pepe wrote:
Mr Reynholm wrote:
Pepe wrote:
I wonder if Smollett has been a victim of remote electronic harassment?
This must always be a consideration when people do absurdly stupid things.

He should be charged with a hate crime.


And what about the mind rapists, if they have been involved?
They get off scot-free, obviously. 8)

Mind rapists? Seriously? Lets keep it to the real world not the fantasy world.


Remote electronic harassment is a thing.
I have personally experienced it. 8)

Did it compel you to fake a hate crime?



Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 11 Jun 2013
Gender: Male
Posts: 18,877
Location: Australia

20 Oct 2021, 5:25 pm

Mr Reynholm wrote:
Pepe wrote:
Mr Reynholm wrote:
Pepe wrote:
Mr Reynholm wrote:
Pepe wrote:
I wonder if Smollett has been a victim of remote electronic harassment?
This must always be a consideration when people do absurdly stupid things.

He should be charged with a hate crime.


And what about the mind rapists, if they have been involved?
They get off scot-free, obviously. 8)

Mind rapists? Seriously? Lets keep it to the real world not the fantasy world.


Remote electronic harassment is a thing.
I have personally experienced it. 8)

Did it compel you to fake a hate crime?


If you want to discuss this, make a thread and give me the link. 8)


_________________
Laughter is the best medicine. Age-appropriate behaviour is an arbitrary NT social construct.
Don't tell me white lies. Gaslight me at your peril. Don't give me your bad attitude. Hypnosis, psychosis. Tomarto, tomayto. There are *4* lights. Honey badger.
If I'm so bad, pass me by. ;)


And one more thing,


"A stranger is a friend gang-stalker you haven't met yet." Humour is not meant to be taken seriously, yet many pervert its intent.
Truth may be inconvenient but it is never politically incorrect...The Oracle of Truth has spoken...8)


I luv KFC!